Kawasaki ATV Forum Header   Kawasaki ATV Forum Header Right
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Everything Else

Everything Else For anything else with a motor, Kawasaki or not!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 10:45 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

View skip nay's Photo Gallery(0)
Default Need help getting fuel through the carb and into the cylinder!

My wife has made a big mistake years ago. She bought a 2005 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4 with electric shift 4 wheel drive. This has had little things here and there and realized she should've bought a kawie. Any way it has plenty of fuel in the tank and getting to the carb. I just cant get the fuel from the carb to the cylinder. I tried carb choke cleaner to start it and it starts just can't keep it running. If I spray it into where the air cleaner hooks up it starts right away. I will probably have to take the carb out but what am I looking for or should I just take it somewhere?

P.S. I just checked spark thats fine. So I put a new spark plug in and it was a little better. So I know its not that.

2008 Brute Force 800: AMR 12.5:1 pistons, AMR XX cams, AMR Rings, Millennium Nikasil Cylinders, EHS Air Box Lid, Muzzy Pro Exhaust, Power Commander III, Moose Module, VFORCEJOHN SpiderMod Clutch (Maroon Spring), 24 LB Injectors, and a Bunch of Custom work to make it Reliable, Fast, and Tuned just right by VFORCEJOHN
skip nay is offline   Reply With Quote
KawieRiders is the premier Kawasaki ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Old 09-07-2009, 12:32 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

View NovaKaw650's Photo Gallery(0)

So when you prime it through the intake before the carb, it will start up and KEEP RUNNING normally?
Mild porting
Crossover intakes
Modded airbox
Full Muzzy
Dalton weights
VFJ Springs
Other weird stuff

2011 Stratos 186XT Bass Boat
Mercury Optimax 115hp
Minn Kota 70lb 24v trolling motor
Lowrance Electronics
NovaKaw650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:38 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View greasemonkey's Photo Gallery(0)

Start by opening the drain on the carb bowl to see if the gas is getting to the carb.If it is empty and there is fuel getting to the carb then the needle valve is stuck closed.Some times you can hit the bottom of the carb with the handle of the screw driver to free it up .If not you have to disassemble the carb.
If there is gas in the carb then you have clogged jets and/or passages in the carb.Soak the carb in carb cleaner and blow out passages.Then buy new jets,they are cheap enough.
o2 prairie 650 supertrapp idsx,dynojet jet kit,Diamond G module & air box snorkle,HL clutch kit,Moose front and rear bumpers(rear mounted upside down, front mounting tabs welded onto frame lower than headlights), 2 inch lift with 28 inch itp 589's,front 2500 lb. winch and rear 2000 lb. winch,60 inch cycle country plow with electric lift and angle.
1964 Chevy Malibu conv. 355 cu.in. 4 sp. two stages of nitrous 850 hp at crank 10.20@142mph.
1970 Chevy Nova 396 auto tubbed and caged.
2000 Ford F350 4x4 7.3 diesel 538 hp 925 lb. torque at crank
1994 HD Dyna wideglide 96 in. S&S custom wheels and paint
1972HD FLH 1200 port and polished heads,sifton cam, aries piston,lightened flywheels,5 sp. in a 4 sp. case trans
1994 prostreet HD sportster 1200 105 hp. 180 rear tire ,midglide front end ,custom wheels,removeable wheelie bar.
Special construction 96 cu in rigid, 10 in over springer,250 rear tire,5 sp w/kick and electric start,3 in. open primary,foot clutch hand shift.
08 Skidoo 800 Renagade XP
02 Skidoo 800 Summit
He who dies with the most toys dies with an empty wallet(and usually single)
greasemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:51 PM   #4

Quote: Originally Posted by NovaKaw650 View Post
So when you prime it through the intake before the carb, it will start up and KEEP RUNNING normally?
No it starts just enough until the carb choke cleaner is gone. The line from the tank to the carb is clog free.

2008 Brute Force 800: AMR 12.5:1 pistons, AMR XX cams, AMR Rings, Millennium Nikasil Cylinders, EHS Air Box Lid, Muzzy Pro Exhaust, Power Commander III, Moose Module, VFORCEJOHN SpiderMod Clutch (Maroon Spring), 24 LB Injectors, and a Bunch of Custom work to make it Reliable, Fast, and Tuned just right by VFORCEJOHN
Old 09-07-2009, 02:29 PM   #5
Premium Member

Premium Member

View o4twinpeaks's Photo Gallery(0)

pull the carb off and clean it. DO NOT USE A HAMMER ON IT SKIP!!!!!!!!!

I can see the carb in little pieces on the back patio now lol

2012 sponsors
Twin Air
ODI
GoPro
Steel MX goggles
Leatt braces
o4twinpeaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:20 PM   #6

Quote: Originally Posted by o4twinpeaks View Post
pull the carb off and clean it. DO NOT USE A HAMMER ON IT SKIP!!!!!!!!!

I can see the carb in little pieces on the back patio now lol
Hey Tom can you PM me your number I will call you Wednesday when I get a chance to get back to it. I don't have it off the 4 wheeler yet. I just can't work on the yama anymore than 5 minutes at a time it just pisses me off to no end.

Back to Top    Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Everything Else

Search tags for this page
4 wheeler not getting gas
cant get fourwheeler carb to fill with fuel
cant get fuel on four wheeler carb
four wheeler not getting fuel

four wheeler not getting gas

fuel not getting to cylinder
fuel not going through carb
gas not getting into carburetor on four wheeler
i get gas in the bowl of the carburator but not to the engine yfm 250
triple carb not getting gas
what would keep a motorcycle from geeting gas in cylinder when carburator bowl is full
when no gas is getting into cylinder head to start the engine on small engine
why isnt my four wheeler getting fuel into it
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.