Kawasaki ATV Forum Header   Kawasaki ATV Forum Header Right
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Sponsor Support > Interstate Motorsports

Interstate Motorsports Interstate Motorsports - Barnesville, PA - 570-773-1240

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 05:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View snopro111's Photo Gallery(0)
Default teryx primary clutch bent

I blew a belt on my 08 teryx the belt wrapped up behind the primary clutch and broke about half of the fins the clutch sleeve closest the the motor rubs the case when you turn it by hand and the whole clutch looks bent I tryed to remove out but snapped the bolt off this morning it was extreamly tight we used a little bit of heat to remove the bolt but no luck it snapped right off the bolt came out with about 1.5 threads the rest broke off first question is how do I get that clutch off beating it off is OK with my iam 100% sure its shot also is a brute force clutch the same and is it possible that the crank shaft end is bent the clutch looks bent like tipped then you look over the top of it
snopro111 is offline   Reply With Quote
KawieRiders is the premier Kawasaki ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Old 04-10-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
Supporting Vendor
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Premium Member

View VFORCEJOHN's Photo Gallery(0)

Sounds like you bought the Chinese puller. these snap off EVERY TIME YOU USE THEM. I can't tell you how many 100's of people this has happened to.

also, be sure you are using a STOCK oem kawy belt!! aftermarket belts blow easily and always snap off the fins when they chunk apart.

as for the clutch, I can fix it. you'd need a new fixed sheave. the part is 195.00 this is very common. I have dozens of these in stock.

WEB: WWW.VFORCEJOHN.COM
PHONE: 570-773-1240
EMAIL: Vforcejohn@yahoo.com

DISCOUNT MUZZY EXHAUSTS click here http://www.kawieriders.com/forum/int...ml#post1328320
VFORCEJOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply I broke the bolt off never got a chance to use a puller I would have ordered a cheap puller tho thanks for the heads up on that. How do I get the primary off with the bolt snapped off in the crank its broke about flush with the crank I will Ez out the bolt but need to get the clutch off first
Old 04-10-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

View NovaKaw650's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote: Originally Posted by snopro111 View Post
Thanks for the reply I broke the bolt off never got a chance to use a puller I would have ordered a cheap puller tho thanks for the heads up on that. How do I get the primary off with the bolt snapped off in the crank its broke about flush with the crank I will Ez out the bolt but need to get the clutch off first
Never seen a clutch bolt break off........ unless you were going the wrong way. You do know that the bolt loosens clockwise?
You've got a bad situation.
You might be able to weld a bolt on the end of the belt, but if you were going the right way, then that's not going to get it off.
Mild porting
Crossover intakes
Modded airbox
Full Muzzy
Dalton weights
VFJ Springs
Other weird stuff

2011 Stratos 186XT Bass Boat
Mercury Optimax 115hp
Minn Kota 70lb 24v trolling motor
Lowrance Electronics

Last edited by NovaKaw650; 04-10-2013 at 03:29 PM.
NovaKaw650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #5

View aquatic1998's Photo Gallery(0)
Default clutch

Hey that sucks man!! I have a used primary setup for you if your interested, as far as the bolt issue maybe welding something on it , good luck!
aquatic1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:14 PM   #6

Aquatic1998 what do you want for your clutch also is their a bolt with it 218-261-0506 is my cell I turned the bolt the correct way I was running it tight then loose trying to get it to break free it broke turning clock wise
Old 04-11-2013, 02:23 AM   #7

Is it possable the crank shaft end is bent
Old 04-11-2013, 03:50 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

View rdm531's Photo Gallery(0)

anything is possible,but bent unlikely my thoughts
06 650i,sleeved to 85mm, fst 11.5-1 pistons, fst stage 2 cams,hd value springs,dyna fs ing,full hmf exhaust, hl springs & lift,29.5skinny laws, 1.5in spacers front/2.5 spacers rear, 3000hd warn winch, 2in center snorkels,rad relocated/brush guard&wind screen,aux driving lights,back up light/brush guard,front mounted recever hitch,custom 4 gauge cluster, oil temp, oil press, water temp, an return oil temp,rmax manual 4wd,oil cooler,b/w boston(mud)terrior goes everwhere 4 wheeler gos. ez steer
rdm531 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:36 PM   #9
Supporting Vendor
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Premium Member

View VFORCEJOHN's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote: Originally Posted by NovaKaw650 View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by snopro111 View Post
Never seen a clutch bolt break off........ unless you were going the wrong way. You do know that the bolt loosens clockwise?
You've got a bad situation.
You might be able to weld a bolt on the end of the belt, but if you were going the right way, then that's not going to get it off.

that's the only way to break it off. he didn't read the directions and prob tightened it.

what to do is get a puller EPI. and cut about 1/2 an inch off the tip. then pull the clutch off.

WEB: WWW.VFORCEJOHN.COM
PHONE: 570-773-1240
EMAIL: Vforcejohn@yahoo.com

DISCOUNT MUZZY EXHAUSTS click here http://www.kawieriders.com/forum/int...ml#post1328320
VFORCEJOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:23 AM   #10

Update clutch is off and broken bolt is out used a brute force puller and put a aluminum slug in behind the puller so it wouldn't mess up the broken bolt more clutch came off fairly easy then we drilled through the bolt and used a straight extractor the type you pound in and can turn eather way it came out pretty easily also I baught the teryx not running the previous owners mechanic had it all torn apart the seats. plastic. heads all offwas told when buying it it had a bad crank the mechanic thaught it was blown up or a broken rod that jammes up in the case that's y when starting it it only turns over a little bit and stops. When it was realty the clutch grinding on the case If they only pulled the belt inspection cover they would have seen that long story short I guess right thanks for everyone's help I txtd the previous owner for shits n giggles he said they had just put a new belt in that's y they never checked it

Back to Top    Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Sponsor Support > Interstate Motorsports

Search tags for this page
2008 teryx primary clutch for sale
bent clutch on 08 kawasaki teryx 750

bent crank on 08 kawasaki teryx 750

clutch for 08 teryx
how to get clytch off of 08 kawasaki terex
kawasaki teryx 750 fi 09 13 primary clutch
kawasaki teryx part behind primary clutch
my atv cluch is bent
teryx 750 primary clutch removal
teryx clutch came apart
teryx clutch cooling fins broke
teryx clutch going bad?
teryx primary clutch
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.