Kawasaki ATV Forum Header   Kawasaki ATV Forum Header Right
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou Kawasaki's strong and reliable utility ATVs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2010, 07:49 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View JimT's Photo Gallery(0)
Default Kawasaki quality is it any good ?

We have six ATV`s of various makes Honda,Suzuki,Yamaha,Polaris and now Kawasaki. It is an 08 650i. I have been reading lots of negative things about them, are they junk? or is it that they are modified so much that that the owners are abusing them or both. All our ATV`s are utility 4x4`s they get used hard but not abused,and they also get regular maintenance . I bought this 650i with 10 miles on it from the dealer,it has warranty still on it. I have put 100 miles on it with no problems. How do these hold up in the long run? The 650i is stock except for radial tires stock size.Any info on the long term on this quad would be appreciated. Thanks Jim

Last edited by JimT; 08-28-2010 at 10:14 PM.
JimT is offline   Reply With Quote
KawieRiders is the premier Kawasaki ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Old 08-28-2010, 10:16 PM   #2
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Premium Member

View bfb650b2's Photo Gallery(0)

I have always takin care of my Kawasaki's, I don't abuse them but I do ride them hard. This is also true for the Suzuki's and Cats I have owned before, if you do the required upkeep, improve some items over stock, I have had no gripes with any of them.
Things for you to upgrade on your 650i:
Tie rods are weak, they can bend or even break, If you upgrade the Tie Rods then upgrade the tie rod ends too.
Upgrade the sway bar bushings, easy & cheap.
Need more power, get a Dyna CDI inplace of the Stocker.
Get some decent Skid Plates too, Chucks750 right here offers the HPDE plastic skids, I have his underside footwells HPDE skids, excellent product.
I have my 750i set up for fast trail riding, this is my 6th VTwin Kawasaki 4x4 since the first one in '02, if they were Junk, I would of Stopped buying them yrs ago.
I had a new 07 Canned Ham 800, No thanks, I'm back on a New 09 BF750..
~WARN Front Bumper #88697~Ramsey 2500 Lb Winch~RICOCHET Belly/Floorboard Skid Plates~Teryx LED HeadLights~D2 OverFenders~Kimpex Rear Trunk~Shorai Battery~TrailTech Voyager GPS.
Not finished yet

Last edited by bfb650b2; 08-28-2010 at 10:20 PM.
bfb650b2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:26 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View lumbeebrute's Photo Gallery(0)

I have owned Honda, Yamaha, and now Kawasaki and it is my opinion that as long as it's not a cheap, off-brand atv, the bike is only as good as the care you give it. I've owned my Brute for 8 months, 185 hrs., and 1800 miles with no problem. I'm not as particular about maint. as some folks, but I'm no slouch either. I think the Brutes mostly catch negative talk from folks who abuse, drown, and neglect upkeep on their bikes. A coworker of mine talked sh*t when I bought one because his Brute was crap. I later found out from others that this guy would be better off with a johnboat for the riding he likes to do. Long story short...you hear more complaints than praise because that's just the way people are.
Vfj#1primary/#1secondary
Dynatek
Sunpro tachometer
Moose rear bumper
Superwinch lt3000
Scratches and dings.
lumbeebrute is offline   Reply With Quote

Back to Top    Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Search tags for this page
are honda quads anygood
are kawasaki atv good

are kawasaki atvs any good

are kawasaki atvs good

are suzuki atvs any good

how good are kawasaki atvs
is kawasaki a good atv brand
kawasaki any good

kawasaki atv quality

kawasaki atvs are they quality
kawasaki motorcyle quality

kawasaki quality

quality construction yamaha kawasaki
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.