Kawasaki ATV Forum Header   Kawasaki ATV Forum Header Right
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou Kawasaki's strong and reliable utility ATVs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2010, 11:27 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View 2005 Brute's Photo Gallery(0)
Default 750 Brute force will idle but bogs with throtle

I've cleaned the carbs set them back to factory specs set the valves new plugs fuel pump is working I have good spark. the bike will start and idle beautifuly but when I apply throtle the engine bogs and back fires??? I'm frusterated could it be cdi? voltage regulator? can i eliminate belt break switch? engine break? how does any of this affect the way it runs?
2005 Brute is offline   Reply With Quote
KawieRiders is the premier Kawasaki ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Old 10-26-2010, 01:52 PM   #2
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Premium Member

View kawboy1's Photo Gallery(0)

Have you got any mods? You say you set it back to factory specs.....how did it run before that? When you put the carbs back together did you make sure that the rubber diaphrams were in good condition with no holes or splits and seated properly and the little nipple on the diaphrams in correct spot?

At what throttle position does it bog? Make sure you have no flashing 4x4 lights on the dash....if you do it could be in limp mode which means you will have to adjust the belt back into spec or replace, then re-set the belt switch. If you fit a Dynatek cdi it will no longer go into limp mode, it also eliminates the reverse over ride so you have full power in reverse, raises your rev limit to 9500rpm and best of all gets rid of the timing retard to give you a very noticeable power improvement.

You can also remove the KEBC fork to save wear on your clutch but you will lose engine brakeing at low speeds although all you have to do is blip the throttle a little and your clutch will engage to give you engine brakeing.

LOONEY TUNED FST 765
LOONEY TUNED KFX450R

My You Tube videos http://www.youtube.com/user/michealmannion?
feature=mhum
kawboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:55 PM   #3

Quote: Originally Posted by kawboy1 View Post
Have you got any mods? You say you set it back to factory specs.....how did it run before that? When you put the carbs back together did you make sure that the rubber diaphrams were in good condition with no holes or splits and seated properly and the little nipple on the diaphrams in correct spot?

At what throttle position does it bog? Make sure you have no flashing 4x4 lights on the dash....if you do it could be in limp mode which means you will have to adjust the belt back into spec or replace, then re-set the belt switch. If you fit a Dynatek cdi it will no longer go into limp mode, it also eliminates the reverse over ride so you have full power in reverse, raises your rev limit to 9500rpm and best of all gets rid of the timing retard to give you a very noticeable power improvement.

You can also remove the KEBC fork to save wear on your clutch but you will lose engine brakeing at low speeds although all you have to do is blip the throttle a little and your clutch will engage to give you engine brakeing.
Thanks I know the carbs are good I'll try the belt break switch but I do have a after market cdi box on it when I unplug the engine brake or belt break the 4x4 light flashes but while they are pluged in it reading normally can I test either of these components to make sure they are functioning corectly?
Old 10-26-2010, 04:45 PM   #4

View 650iRider's Photo Gallery(0)

Do you still have your stock CDI laying around? If so, try putting it back on. If everything works fine, you know it's your CDI. Had the same problem with a prairie I had. The aftermarket CDI went bad.
2006 BF 650i-Dynatec CDI, HMF Utility slip-on exhaust, EHS Racing Lid, UNI air filter, front airbox hole blocked off, airbox screen removed, maroon/almond spring combo, 2" lift, 27" Swamplites, 14" Douglas Rattlesnakes
650iRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:50 PM   #5
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Premium Member

View kawboy1's Photo Gallery(0)

What cdi do you have on it? If its a Dynatek they bypass all that belt crap but if its a Moose or simmilar they dont.

LOONEY TUNED FST 765
LOONEY TUNED KFX450R

My You Tube videos http://www.youtube.com/user/michealmannion?
feature=mhum
kawboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 05:33 AM   #6

Quote: Originally Posted by kawboy1 View Post
What cdi do you have on it? If its a Dynatek they bypass all that belt crap but if its a Moose or simmilar they dont.
It is a Dynatek I'll try the old cdi box and check the belt switch thanks
Old 10-27-2010, 01:47 PM   #7

View kawcycle's Photo Gallery(0)

Hey, i'm having the exact same problem with a 05 650 Brute Force. i've tried all the above tests also minus the CDI because i do not have an extra.. the one on the machine is stock. would love an update from your test with the stock CDI to see if it fixes yours before i replace mine. Thanks.
kawcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 06:53 AM   #8

View cmfgoobie's Photo Gallery(0)

i got an 05 750 with exact same problem,i got the dyn cdi box to try to fix this issue and been threw the carbs twice. i have also checked timing with timing light per service manual . checked all valve clearance. any help would be awsome
cmfgoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #9

View dirtykawie's Photo Gallery(0)

Wondering if the stock CDI box fixed your problem? Did you notice your voltage regulator getting hot?
dirtykawie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:10 AM   #10

View cmfgoobie's Photo Gallery(0)

what fixed the one i was working on was the ,(the drivetrain moudle is what i called it. not the cdi) and jetting the carbs. the drive train moudle was bad also killing the battery and putting the stock cdi in limp mode( rev limiter ) did the same to aftermarket cdi.........you have to completely install the air box to test, filter and lid that you are going to run or you will be chasing your tail !!
hope this helps

goobie
cmfgoobie is offline   Reply With Quote

Back to Top    Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Search tags for this page

2005 kawasaki brute force excessive idling engine damage

brute force 750 bog down accelar

brute force 750 bogging

brute force 750 bogging down full throttle

brute force 750 idles but bogs

brute force 750 motor bogs down
brute force 750 will it run bad with spark screen

brute force boggs when giving throtle

brute force bogs off idle

brute force idle to wot bog

brute force idles and revs fine no power when in drive

bruteforce will idle but not ride

dirty carb on 06 brute force 750

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.