Kawasaki ATV Forum Header   Kawasaki ATV Forum Header Right
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou Kawasaki's strong and reliable utility ATVs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2010, 09:31 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View Hollywood_35's Photo Gallery(0)
Default 2007 Prarie 360 Problem...i know, i know....

Like some, i went through every post in this forum for the problem with the Belt/4x4 light and tried them all...even put in a new harness and still have the belt light and 4x4 light blinking when i turn the key on. Resets have been done (lost count) with the black and gray plug with the 2 pin disconnected and always made sure the belt switch was in the "on" position before doing the test. When i check the brake actuator and the 2wd/4wd actuator with direct battery power they spin and the i rig them right and install them but the brake actuator when i turn the ignition switch on just keeps clicking and doesn't stop. ATV doesn't rev high when test driving it before it feels like a govenor kicks in. Both belt/4x4 lights blink constant when key is turned on. the Belt flashes every 2 secs for 1 sec and the 4x4 is 1 sec on 1 sec off...........whoa thats a lot to type...any troubleshooting suggestions? Would a bad LED indicator cause any problems since there is a diode and a resistor inside?
Hollywood_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
KawieRiders is the premier Kawasaki ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Old 11-07-2010, 02:43 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

View NovaKaw650's Photo Gallery(0)

Sounds like either the KEBS actuator or the KEBS controller under the seat, although that shouldn't make it go into limp mode (I think). Make sure the belt switch inside the cover is actually working; maybe someone here knows if it's normally open or normally closed. Test it with a meter.
Mild porting
Crossover intakes
Modded airbox
Full Muzzy
Dalton weights
VFJ Springs
Other weird stuff

2011 Stratos 186XT Bass Boat
Mercury Optimax 115hp
Minn Kota 70lb 24v trolling motor
Lowrance Electronics
NovaKaw650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:53 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 15 reviews

View brute 840's Photo Gallery(0)

Had this happen a few times a low battery will not let you reset the belt light hook a charger to it while you are doing the belt reset and see what happens I had this happen on a atleast 4 360s in past year low batterys
brute 840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:53 AM   #4

View ALDO's Photo Gallery(0)

Go to this site, try to download the service manual:

www.ATVPT.com - Service_Manuals

Then go to the page 16-48 you can see a table with the failure and what means the flashes lights, and a number of check that you have to do.
Also pages 5-8, 16-56.

you try this procedure:

Here is a step by step procedure for reseting the belt light on a Prairie 360.

First, disconnect the two wire plug on the belt sensor (rectangular box rivited to the top of the clutch cover

Then, find the black and grey plugs up under the gas tank cover. These are on the clutch side, just above the belt snsor.

Press the tab and unplug them both

Swap the greay to the black, and black to the grey

Cut the key on for about 5 seconds, or untill you see the flashing lights momentarily blink differently. Then cut the key back off.

Plug the grey and black plugs up the way they were. Don't foget to fasten them back up to the frame, if you pulled the strap off of them.

Plug the belt sensor back in.

Cut the key on to verify the procedure worked.

good luck.

Last edited by ALDO; 11-07-2010 at 05:13 AM.
ALDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:27 PM   #5

View audiman18235's Photo Gallery(0)

ok hi i am new herre i have a 06 360 praire and aldo had helped me to with mine. i tried to reset the wires as set and that made mine worst . i act on mine i took the two fuse links apart under the seat left them off for say 30 seconds then put them back together that fixed my quad give it a try i might work for you lol just trying to help back bye
audiman18235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:06 AM   #6

View fixitrc's Photo Gallery(0)
Smile

Quote: Originally Posted by Hollywood_35 View Post
Like some, i went through every post in this forum for the problem with the Belt/4x4 light and tried them all...even put in a new harness and still have the belt light and 4x4 light blinking when i turn the key on. Resets have been done (lost count) with the black and gray plug with the 2 pin disconnected and always made sure the belt switch was in the "on" position before doing the test. When i check the brake actuator and the 2wd/4wd actuator with direct battery power they spin and the i rig them right and install them but the brake actuator when i turn the ignition switch on just keeps clicking and doesn't stop. ATV doesn't rev high when test driving it before it feels like a govenor kicks in. Both belt/4x4 lights blink constant when key is turned on. the Belt flashes every 2 secs for 1 sec and the 4x4 is 1 sec on 1 sec off...........whoa thats a lot to type...any troubleshooting suggestions? Would a bad LED indicator cause any problems since there is a diode and a resistor inside?
Make sure the battery is fully charged to at least 12 volts. Low voltage will not let the system reset. Test the belt switch with a meter putting two pins or wires in the connector to the switch and it should be normally closed, if it does not have continuity then the switch is flipped or the wires are broken. Test the check belt fuse using a meter on the wires that run up to the chassis, if the fuse is good you will have continuity. When you are doing the reset, if the system is going to reset the belt led will flash very fast then flash slowly, after 5 or more seconds turn the switch off, reconnect the wires blk to blk and grey to grey and reconnect the belt switch wire. Turn on the main switch and the belt switch should flash once then turn off. If this doesn't work email me Fixitrc@aol.com . It seems like the belt switch system is causing a lot of people to change or rebuild the sputtering carburetor when the system only needs a reset. A LOW BATTERY CAN CAUSE THE BELT SYSTEM TO FAIL AND NEED A RESET. RC

Last edited by fixitrc; 04-08-2011 at 06:09 AM.
fixitrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:07 PM   #7

View whitegater's Photo Gallery(0)

just did it and took care of the 100 hr service light thanks
whitegater is offline   Reply With Quote

Back to Top    Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Tags
360, 4x4, belt, prairie, troubleshooting

Search tags for this page
05 prarie 360 4x4 wireing diagram

2007 kawasaki 360 prairie 4x4

2007 kawasaki 360 prairie 4x4 reviews

2007 kawasaki prairie 360

2007 kawasaki prairie 360 4x4

2007 kawasaki prairie 360 review

2007 kawasaki prairie 360 reviews

2007 kawasaki prarie 360 4x4

how to tell if starter is bad on 2007 kawasaki prairie 360

kawasaki 360 praire 4wd actuator problem

kawasaki prairie 360 4x4 reviews

kawasaki prairie 360 review

prairie led wont reset

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.