Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

05 brute force 750 backfiring.

6K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  quadexpert 
#1 ·
Ok to get down to the point, I am new at this web thing an at working on brute force carburetors. Only thing that I have done to the carbs is change the carburetor holders on both carbs because they were cracked. I have never worked on vacuum pistons carbs before so I only know what I have read about them in the last day which is alot. Originally the fourwheeler was having trouble starting an wouldn't start sometimes for up to a day which was the carburetor holders. Being myself I wanted to explore the carb an opened the back carb up where the vacuum piston an needle is located at. I pulled the spring, the plastic piece, and needle out, but never pulled the vacuum piston out an then just put them back in same order I took them out. From what i have read you can set the needle for certain mixtures setting. Have I messed up the setting for the needle or what do I need to do. Please help.

#4 ·
It doesnt sound like a carb problem. Sounds to me like a cracked exhaust, most likely where the exhaust comes out of the rear of the engine. I have had 05,06,07 and 08 BF750's and each one has cracked in the same place and caused backfiring. Im no mech but take a look at this. If you take your battery tray out you should be able to see the pipe easier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.