Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

prairie cooling fan problem

22K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  hrd2fgur 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone,
I'm new to this site and I'm looking for some help with a problem on my 2002 650 prairie. The cooling fan appears to not be working! :( I'vechecked the fuse under the seat ( 15 amp blade ) and it was good. can anyone tell me where the relay is located and if it can be tested. Or maybe I need to look at something else?

#2 ·
I just had the same problem on my Twin Peaks (aka Prairie 700) and it turned out to be the fan switch sensor that is screwed into the side of the radiator. Before you do anything else, you should run 12V directly to the fan to make sure its working properly. If the fan is good and the fuse is not blown, chances are you have a bad fan switch sensor. I'm not sure how to test the fan switch sensor...there might be a test for it in the service manual.

Good luck with that.

Happy trails...:)

#4 ·
Just put an after market fan on mine and realized the fan wasn't bad after all. The plug or the pig tail was faulty I but connected it to the new fan plugged it in and nothing. Luckily I had another pigtail tried it and it did the trick. Tried it on the fan I thought was faulty and it was indeed the culprit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.