Kawasaki ATV Forum Header   Kawasaki ATV Forum Header Right
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou Kawasaki's strong and reliable utility ATVs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2011, 10:57 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View vladiassis's Photo Gallery(0)
Default Adjust Valve Kawasaki Bayou 220

Hi guys.
I have an ATV KAWASAKI Bayou 220 - 2001, and he presents sound off on adjusting the valves. I have the caliber of clearances and have the setting values​​, but I have a question: to make the adjustment the piston must be at PMS? How do I stop the piston in this position? The two valves are closed in this position. Please detail how I do.
Thanks for the help.
vladiassis is offline   Reply With Quote
KawieRiders is the premier Kawasaki ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Old 06-15-2011, 09:40 AM   #2

View jordy geiger's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote: Originally Posted by vladiassis View Post
Hi guys.
I have an ATV KAWASAKI Bayou 220 - 2001, and he presents sound off on adjusting the valves. I have the caliber of clearances and have the setting values​​, but I have a question: to make the adjustment the piston must be at PMS? How do I stop the piston in this position? The two valves are closed in this position. Please detail how I do.
Thanks for the help.
when i did mine i pulled the spark plug then pulled the pull cord cover off hooked vise grips to the pice that hookes to the crank under the cover so the vise grips sat of the foot peg to hole it in place and wedged thin laths in between to get it just right. ull know its top dead center when the dot on the timing sproket its in line with the mark on the case and both rocker arms will wiggle
Old 06-20-2011, 06:32 PM   #3

View vladiassis's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote: Originally Posted by jordy geiger View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by vladiassis View Post
Hi guys.
Thanks for the help.
when i did mine i pulled the spark plug then pulled the pull cord cover off hooked vise grips to the pice that hookes to the crank under the cover so the vise grips sat of the foot peg to hole it in place and wedged thin laths in between to get it just right. ull know its top dead center when the dot on the timing sproket its in line with the mark on the case and both rocker arms will wiggle
Thank you.
vladiassis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:51 PM   #4

View jordy geiger's Photo Gallery(0)

did u get them all set

Back to Top    Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Tags
bayou 220, engine, valve, valve adjustments

Search tags for this page
1994 kawasaki bayou 220 valve clearance
2002 kawasaki bayou 220 valve clearance
220 bayou valve clearance
bayou 220 atv value setting
bayou 220 valve adjustment
bayou 220 valve clearance
how to adjust valves on a bayou 220

kawasaki bayou 220 valve adjustment

kawasaki bayou 220 valve clearance
kawasaki bayou valve adjustment
kawasaki valve adjustment
value ajustment 2001 kawasski bayou
valve adjustment on kawasaki bayou 220 atv
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.