Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Join Date: Sep 2011
Electrical Wont Start....somewhat mechanically enclined
I NEED HELP. My dad just gave me a 1986 Kawasaki Bayou 300 2x4 with differential. It always had a hard time starting in the cold, but never electrical issues. My dad said he bought a new battery and at first it started, then he was having to jiggle the key, and now nothing. No neutral light, headlight, or clicking, nothing. The battery is good.
Here is what I have done so far.
1. Looked at 10 million posts and still cant figure it out. I might not have tried everything properly.
2.Took off all the plastic to have access to everything.
3. Tried to pass the relay on the ignition with a screwdriver, and still did not get any lights.
4. Looked at what i think is the solenoid and noticed the connections were very rusty.
5. Checked the only fuse i could find, looked fine.
6. Checked ground to frame, clean and connected/
Please help. I am hoping to use this ATV to plow some driveways in the neighborhood to earn money for school, put i cant plow if it doesnt start!