Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

Cycle country plow mount on prairie 700

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  FishOnTheIce 
#1 ·
When i purchased my 700 the guy gave me a cycle country plow mount. The part# is right 15-2570. IS IT SUPPOSED TO BE 2 PIECE? This one is. It didnt come with u bolts or anything so i guess i will have to pick some up if that is how it mounts.

#2 ·
i am in the same situation now .. anyone that can take a few photos of their prairie plow mount thats under their engine for me ?

i am buying a used cycle country plow and need to see what the measurements are between the mounting 'ears' for the push tubes and the specific mounting location .. that way i can weld up a plate myself .

thanks!

#4 ·
awesome ! thanks so much for the pics.

interesting ... so the 2 metal strips that run parallel to the quad attach to the quads tube framing via ubolts , BUT the strip that runs across those strips(with the mounting dog ears) uses 2 ubolts and ONLY connects to the other 2 strips? it dosnt connect to a cross-member on the frame ? so all the plow is held on by is really the 4 ubolts on the 2 strips connected to the frame....
its fine , i mean its not like were pushing concrete blocks . we would lose traction before thos ubolts would slip ! .

i see in some installation videos the quad is like yours ... almost totally vertical to aide in installation .. i can do that , but i always though you dont want a motor with oil in it to be tilted to extreme angles cus oil likes to go places it doesnt belong ...
i guess its not true unless your totally upside down eh ?

one more thing . when i type in the mount we need for the prairie 700 (or 650 brute sra , 650 prairie.. all in the same) , it comes up as item # 15-2570 .... check out the link below .
its weird since it looks nothing like yours ... might be a stock photo, but i found the same pic on a few other sites.
Amazon.com: Cycle Country Plow Blade Mounting Kit 15-2570: Automotive

#5 ·
I don't know about the angle on the engine. I have never had any problems with it yet. As for the picture of the mount being different, I don't know how they make the mounts now. Mine is an older one. I like the pic of the one on amazon. It looks a little more sturdy than mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.