Kawasaki ATV Forum Header   Kawasaki ATV Forum Header Right
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou Kawasaki's strong and reliable utility ATVs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

View vakawi's Photo Gallery(0)
Default I think i just fugged up my brute!!

I was giving the old brute a heck of a cleaning...only went in about 3 inch of muddy water ...but i like to keep it clean when im done riding...well under the seat was nasty and grimmy from when i first got it..so i took the seat up and just hosed off under the seat....and my intentions was to let it sit out all day and get good and dried up before i fired it back up...well i went in th house..my mom walked back into the yard saw the old brute with key in it and decided ehhh ill take her for a spin..it fired up and accross the yard it went...did great..i jus happen to hear it running and was like ohhh crap!

I ran out side..but as she was coming up to the drive way..it shut off.now it would turn over..but wouldnt start..i told my dad..ohh its probally cause stuff is wet under the seat..lets just push it under the carport..i left to come back to richmond...they called me today to tell me it has no power at all now..no lights come on when you turn the key...

Well i shakenly said..ohh it must have blown a fuse..or at some rare case one to the relays may have stuck in the open position an may have drained the battery..or it just all the plugs need to be take apart looked at..cleaned or dried..and replace all the fuses...

I sure hope i (my mom! which i will never say anything to her about haha) didnt fry anthing..espcially the cdi box well i wont know anything till i get back down there on sat
vakawi is offline   Reply With Quote
KawieRiders is the premier Kawasaki ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Old 03-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View cdcbarr's Photo Gallery(2)

do all the things you said you were going to check lol

my mom would do something wild like that too haha

let us know your findings... make sure all the plugs etc are fully connected too. and dialectric grease on the plugs would work good too. keep the connection mint if water gets in there.
HEATED GRIPS
FULL SKID PLATES
MSD - From VFJ
FULL MUZZY DUALS - From VFJ
My old 05 Brute 650 SRA...
2" lift, Jetted, Muzzy Pro, Temp Gauge, K&N, Dynatek CDI
cdcbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:16 AM   #3

View KawiMonster's Photo Gallery(0)

Volt meter everything... These things are bad for electric issues.

"I Dare Do All That May Become A Man; Who Dares More Is None"
KawiMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:45 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

View rdm531's Photo Gallery(0)

what yr model are you talking about here if its 05-06 could be the buss connector
06 650i,sleeved to 85mm, fst 11.5-1 pistons, fst stage 2 cams,hd value springs,dyna fs ing,full hmf exhaust, hl springs & lift,29.5skinny laws, 1.5in spacers front/2.5 spacers rear, 3000hd warn winch, 2in center snorkels,rad relocated/brush guard&wind screen,aux driving lights,back up light/brush guard,front mounted recever hitch,custom 4 gauge cluster, oil temp, oil press, water temp, an return oil temp,rmax manual 4wd,oil cooler,b/w boston(mud)terrior goes everwhere 4 wheeler gos. ez steer
rdm531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:56 AM   #5

View bartlettracing's Photo Gallery(0)

...I preasure wash mine all the time every wear and drive it right away. Every quad Ive ever owned ... Never once had any problems. dont drill the water at the fittings and youll be fine. Im betting your problem is unrelated. you dont see them shut off when there 90% underwater do you ?
Old 03-13-2012, 04:52 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 15 reviews

View brute 840's Photo Gallery(0)

I mud raced mine in water pit and you could only see the front of the bumper and never had a issues,also even in West Va we ride I go to car wash take seat off power wash everything ,throw seat on and gone no issue.I would say some how the 30 AMP Fuse blew on yours,its on the Solenoid under seat,remove the Red Plug with wires running to it,fuse is under there,had a buddy with last year he had a wire lay on the muffler and it blew that fuse took a min to figure out but it done same thing no power,also had a guy with a Prairie 700 in the mud races during the race in the pit his blew that fuse also,I guess water got in and shorted it out,that would be the first place I would look.You might want to greese all the wire connections to it really helps.

2012 TERYX
750 SPORT!!!!

4 STROKE TECH!!!!
brute 840 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:44 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

View vakawi's Photo Gallery(0)

thanks guys... i will check all that you said..and last night i was floating on youtube and i saw several brutes that were snorkled and watch them go under water and still run...man...I was like ..geez...the hose i used at my dad's the water pressure at the house is so weak out side i hate even washing my car there..hahah..but im gona check.....My Bike is a 2005 Brute SRA ... it only has 80 hours on it..so i dont think its the bus conection..but i will check it out...
vakawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:22 AM   #8

View BF750guy's Photo Gallery(0)

thats odd. as others have said i hose mine off with the seat off everytime i clean it. just this past weekend i hosed it off and after i got the big stuff off i took it around to be washed with soap. i didnt give it any time to dry just got on it wiht the seat off and drove it around, still soaking wet.

SOLD: went to the dark side (can-am)

BF750guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:23 AM   #9

View KawiMonster's Photo Gallery(0)

The 05-06 had a bad bus connector (as rdm531 said)
They came like that right out of the factory... I'd look at your fuses first off but there is a bus connector mod you can do and would be a good idea from what I've seen happen to those things when left alone.

"I Dare Do All That May Become A Man; Who Dares More Is None"
KawiMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:15 AM   #10

View djmjt's Photo Gallery(0)

Damn! I wash mine with a pressure washer after every ride and haven't had any problems yet! I also do not keep the stream at any one point at all. Just a back and forth quick motion.

I'm thinking that I may stop that practice though with the pressure washer. Something bad is bound to happen at some point.

2012 Brute Force 750i EPS
25" Kenda Executioners
More mod's to come!

Blowed up the 08
08 BF 750i NRA Camo
25" Swamp Lites
K&N Filter
DynaRay's Ultimate Impeller
MIMB Coolant Temp Gauge
More Mod's Coming Soon!!!
djmjt is offline   Reply With Quote

Back to Top    Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Search tags for this page
2012 bf 750 keyed power under seat
28' mud bitches
best way to clean under atv seat
brute force stuff floating in coolant
brute force wet relays

how bad is it to pressure wash atv

how to start a brute force after getting it wet

is it bad to pressure wash an atv
my 2006 kawasaki bayou 251 on star what do you think it is
my brute has no electric power

teryx 750 bad relay under the driver seat

what do the relays under seat of 2006 brute force 750 control

why is my air filter compartment wet on my kawasaki teryx
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.