Kawasaki ATV Forum Header   Kawasaki ATV Forum Header Right
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou Kawasaki's strong and reliable utility ATVs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #1
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Premium Member

View 2010_KVF's Photo Gallery(0)
Default Brute Force 300?

Anyone purchase one of these yet? I am considering buying one for my wife, but was curious as to the performance, power, ride, etc.

2012 Brute Force® 300 Sport Utility - Kawasaki.com
- Full "Chuck" HDPE skid plate system
- Warn XT30 winch (mounting plate installed--working on the wiring)
- Raceline Mamba 12x7 wheels
w/ ITP Bajacross Tires (26 x 9/11 x 12)

Coming Soon:

- Derale Oil Cooler w/ Fan
- PowerMadd Handguards + Mirrors
- Audio Tube

2010_KVF is offline   Reply With Quote
KawieRiders is the premier Kawasaki ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Old 03-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #2

View Rundown's Photo Gallery(0)

There's one guy on here who bought one. He complained about annoying engine noise and vibration. But said that the rest of the quad was not bad.

You can look up reviews on the new kymco 300 and the grizzly 300. They are all the same machine. It's made in China not Japan.

Your best bet is to go try one.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

View kevinryan7's Photo Gallery(0)

I was looking at one for my wife, then she test drove the Suzuki King Quad 450 axi.......haven't looked back. Plenty of power for her to have fun, but not too much where I'm worried about her killing herself. Push button 4x4, fuel injected, fully automatic. Overall, very impressed with the Suzuki and she loves it. It rides like a Cadillac.

I'm a Kawie man myself but I'm glad we went with the king quad 450 for her. Just seemed like the 300 didn't have enough get up, no 4wd. I understand what Kawie was trying to do with it.....but I'm not a big fan of it. Seems like a few people I've talked to that bought one for their wives or kids aren't too impressed either.

Personally, I think it's a good bike for a beginner or a kid, but I think your wife would get bored with it. Granted, I don't know what type of riding you do. My wife had a Honda Recon 250, very reliable atv, ran great, but she would get pissed on the trails when it couldn't climb a good size incline, or make it through a sloppy path. Check out the KQ 450.....just my opinion.
kevinryan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:15 PM   #4

View sunboy38's Photo Gallery(0)

[QUOTE=Rundown;1230659]There's one guy on here who bought one. He complained about annoying engine noise and vibration. But said that the rest of the quad was not bad.

i am the guy! you can check my post, at the end i wrote my last impressions.
sunboy38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:26 AM   #5
Premium Member

Premium Member

Quote: Originally Posted by Rundown View Post
You can look up reviews on the new kymco 300 and the grizzly 300. They are all the same machine. It's made in China not Japan.
Not sure about the Kymco or the Yamaha, but the BF 300 is made in Japan.

2012 Kawasaki Brute Force 300

Coming Soon:

- Audio Tube

Old 03-31-2012, 07:37 AM   #6
Premium Member

Premium Member

Quote: Originally Posted by sunboy38 View Post
i am the guy! you can check my post, at the end i wrote my last impressions.
Short of the vibration issue--which I take it is solved by the rubber gaskets and granted you should not have had to invent a cure that is clearly something the manufacturer should have designed better--are you still happy with it?

Does it have plenty of power for you? Obviously, it is not like a 750, but I would not want that much for my wife anyway.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Coming Soon:

- Audio Tube

Old 03-31-2012, 07:45 AM   #7
Premium Member

Premium Member

Quote: Originally Posted by kevinryan7 View Post
Personally, I think it's a good bike for a beginner or a kid, but I think your wife would get bored with it. Granted, I don't know what type of riding you do. My wife had a Honda Recon 250, very reliable atv, ran great, but she would get pissed on the trails when it couldn't climb a good size incline, or make it through a sloppy path. Check out the KQ 450.....just my opinion.
Hmmm...that would be unfortunate as it would be problematic if the power was an issue. We usually trail ride, but there can be long fairly steep inclines on some of the trails. We (at least she) would not get into mud riding very much so that is not a huge problem. Perhaps, she will have to get a 650 as I am a fairly hardcore Kawasaki fan since the 1970s.

Coming Soon:

- Audio Tube

Old 03-31-2012, 01:23 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

View kevinryan7's Photo Gallery(0)

I agree with you wanting to go for the 650 Kawie (I'm a Kawie fan too), she just didn't want something that big. She doesn't take the king quad mudding like I do my 08 750, but she loves having 4wd on the trails through some sloppy paths where the 2wd 250 just wouldn't cut it. Her KQ is bone stock with the exception of swapping out the stock 25in tires for a set of 25in mudlite AT's.......not an aggressive tire at all, rides smooth, and gets through what she has to with no issues. Like I said, I'm a Kawie loyalist myself but am very impressed with Suzuki, extremely pleased overall.

If you're wanting to stay Kawie and your wife is good with a big 650.....hell yeah! If not, you wouldn't be disappointed taking the KQ 450 for a test spin.
kevinryan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:11 PM   #9

View BF300MI's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote: Originally Posted by 2010_KVF View Post
Anyone purchase one of these yet? I am considering buying one for my wife, but was curious as to the performance, power, ride, etc.

2012 Brute Force® 300 Sport Utility - Kawasaki.com
Hi .. yes we have 2, and so-far we love them . Pretty wowed on what they will go through. They do have a bit of a vibration to them , but only when you 1st get on it in the low rpms . It seams to clear up when the powerband opens and the clutches get shifting out . I bet there's some improments to be had in the clutching area on these .

It has the grunt low but gets pretty peppy when you get to the power band . The tires on the BF are awesome when getting you through the mudd . I was impressed of some of the stuff we've been in already with them .
They say it will top out around 50+mph , but ive only seen 45 for a second cause of breaking it in yet .
Ride is pretty good for a short wheel base unit ... im use to a long tracked sled so I cant really say yet , but seems ok . Ergos and comfort feel good , easy to maneuver around too.
Wife just loves hers ....
BF300MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #10

View jbarker's Photo Gallery(0)

i just bought the girl friend one of these. she loves it and as far as the pep it goes were she wants it to and the steering for her is great. My polaris 800 was just to much for her to handle so she wanted one of these. so far so good i will let you know more once we get to the trails we ride all the time at our property.

John
jbarker is offline   Reply With Quote

Back to Top    Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Search tags for this page
2012 kawasaki brute force 300 forum
brute force 300

brute force 300 forum

brute force 300 problems

brute force 300 reliability

brute force 300 vs grizzly 300

does kymco make kawasaki 300
kawasaki 300 brute force problems

kawasaki brute force 300 forum

kawasaki brute force 300 problems

kawasaki brute force 300 vs yamaha grizzly 300
problems with brute force 300

yamaha grizzly 300 vs kawasaki brute force 300

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.