Kawasaki ATV Forum Header   Kawasaki ATV Forum Header Right
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou Kawasaki's strong and reliable utility ATVs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View bamaboy's Photo Gallery(0)
Default Bayou 220 carb. rebuild

I'm hoping someone can help. I bought a used 2002 Bayou 220 from my boss. It had been sitting in storage for about 2 years and needed a carb. cleaning or rebuild to get it running again. Cleaning the carb helped with the running, but it was still hard to start w/o starter fluid after it had been cooled down again. I bought a complete carb kit for it, and then proceeded to thoroughly clean the carb again, but this time I installed the new kit upon reassembly. It still has running idling / issues that I have not been able to resolve completely. I replaced the carb components one at a time and layed the individual jets and seats exactly as they came out. I even used a parts diagram from a part fishe just to be sure. Now I'm beginning to wonder if the carb components were in correctly to begin with.

Does anyone here have a complete step by step detailed procedure for rebuilding the carb on the 220? Since this was owned by the son of a previous boss of mine, and not really knowing if he monkeyed around with the carb on it before, I just need to make sure that I have all the jets, seats, o-rings, spacers, etc. in the correct order. Also need the beginning idle air screw setting and such. Not new to carb rebuilding, but something just doesn't seem to be quite right. Thanks in advance.
bamaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
KawieRiders is the premier Kawasaki ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Back to Top    Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Search tags for this page

bayou 220 carb rebuild

bayou 220 carburetor

bayou 220 carburetor diagram

how to rebuild a kawasaki atv carburetor
kawasaki 220 bayou carburetor

kawasaki 220 bayou carburetor diagram

kawasaki bayou 220 carb diagram
kawasaki bayou 220 carb problems

kawasaki bayou 220 carburetor

kawasaki bayou 220 carburetor adjustment

kawasaki bayou 220 carburetor diagram

kawasaki bayou 220 carburetor kit

kawasaki bayou 220 carburetor rebuild

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.