Kawasaki ATV Forum Header   Kawasaki ATV Forum Header Right
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou Kawasaki's strong and reliable utility ATVs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 09:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View mucky's Photo Gallery(0)
Default Front CV Joint Replacement

Just want to start by saying im new to brute forces and new to this form. I couldnít find this information myself so I thought id try to explain what I did. Im not a mechanic so bare with me.
Removal:
Start my loosening off the tire while machine is on ground then jack up, put jack stand underneath and remove tire from hub. Next remove cotter pin (good idea to get a new one on install) and nut holding the wheel hub on. I had someone helping me do this, he held the front brake while I used a braker bar to back off the nut, then remove the nut. There are two nuts on the back of the brake caliper that you need to take out, remove brake caliper and tie up with tie wraps somewhere so the hoses donít get damaged. Remove the cotter pins (good idea to get a new one on install) and nuts holding the upper and lower A-arms. I tried to do the job by just removing the upper A-arms but couldnít get the axle shaft out of the hub. Now remove the wheel hub. With the hub and A-arms out of the way, I simply tugged on the axle and it came right out. If the CV boot is damaged as mine was, no need to worry about damaging it more so just cut the band clamps off using side cutters. If the boot is still ok, pry up band clamps with screwdriver and cut off with pliers carefully. To get CV joint off I put the shaft snuggly in a vise and banged it off with a hammer. There is a circlip on the end holding it in place on the shaft.
Install:
Make sure you have proper banding tool to do the job, there are two types from what I understand. Slide on bottom clamp onto shaft, then slide on CV boot. Take the new CV joint and start packing it with grease ( I put some on around the bearings then forced it in with the palm of my hand and then inserted the shaft into the CV joint and working it around. I did this method a few times until most of the grease given was used up). Next insert the circlip on the end of the axle shaft. Line CV joint up with axle shaft and press on (I didnít need to use a hammer to do this but only had to bang it down with my hands and it slid past the clip). Now put the second band tie on the top, tighten both down with the proper tool snuggly so the boot doesnít move. Slide axle shaft back into differential, will have to bang it in again with your hands and it should slide right in. Then pretty much just reverse the removal instructions and you should be all set.
mucky is offline   Reply With Quote
KawieRiders is the premier Kawasaki ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Old 05-14-2012, 11:32 AM   #2

View kuba's Photo Gallery(3)

where are you from?
Warn 2500 XT
Streamline Stabilizer, TTO Trail Tech
Hydraulic-Line/Oil Cooler by BFB650b2
27" Interco Swamp Lites
*** Stuck in the City ***
kuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #3

Thunder Bay Ontario
Old 05-14-2012, 03:12 PM   #4

View kuba's Photo Gallery(3)

Lol.. Want to meet up and ride?
Warn 2500 XT
Streamline Stabilizer, TTO Trail Tech
Hydraulic-Line/Oil Cooler by BFB650b2
27" Interco Swamp Lites
*** Stuck in the City ***
kuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:37 AM   #5

LOL didnt think id find someone from TBay on here. PM me sometime if you want. I heard people from the Bay sometimes meet up for big rides.

Back to Top    Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Search tags for this page

2011 kawasaki brute force 750 remove inner frt inner cv joint

can you remove the cv shaft from a brute force and still ride it
how to change cv joint kawasaki 650
how to do front outer cv joint replacement on kawasaki klc300c
how to remove front axle on kawasaki mule
how to replace axle boot on kawasaki mule
kaeasaki mule cv axle removal
kawasaki bruteforce cv joint replacement

kawasaki cv joint boot diagram

kawasaki prairie cv axle

printable directions - kawasaki teryx front outer cv boot replacement
remove cv joint from kawasaki brute force
replace cv joint on kawasaki brute force 650 2006
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.