Kawasaki ATV Forum Header   Kawasaki ATV Forum Header Right
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou Kawasaki's strong and reliable utility ATVs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View Badass69's Photo Gallery(0)
Default Wheel spacers for a 2012 750....

Since the 2012's require a hubcentric wheel spacer if one wants to retain the stock rims..... Who makes one? Searching here and other forums ( via google) nets lots of responses but not one manufacturer name, or vendor of a proper spacer or if they are even made.

I am looking for either a 1" or 1.5" at most front and rear. Outfits like Highlifter as an example advertise them but they are universal fit with any machine with a 4X110 mm pattern.

Any good sources for some hub centric spacers on the rim side that will allow the use of my original aluminum wheels? Wouldn't be hard for someone to make but I suppose demand would be the issue.

Any experience with Rubber Down Customs and this issue? I just emailed them and asked.

Thanks!

Last edited by Badass69; 06-08-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Badass69 is offline   Reply With Quote
KawieRiders is the premier Kawasaki ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Old 06-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #2

View Koko's Photo Gallery(0)

I know rubber down customs is highly respected in the Polaris Rzr circles. I'd be curious to hear their responses.
Chuck750 Skids Plates
Superwinch Terra 2.5
Warn Front Mount Plow
Galindo/AME Heated Grips
Koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:48 PM   #3

View OverTheHill's Photo Gallery(0)

I've contacted many makers of wheel spacers and none make hub centric spacers. Like you said, they'll say they fit but when you ask them if they have the male on one side and female on the other, they admit that they are made to fit over the carrier on the inside, but don't have the carrier on the outside.

I think you could buy 1.5" spacers, press the studs out, and cut the carrier on the wheel side with a lathe. Unless you have a lathe or can find a machinist that will do it cheap, it will cost more than a set of aftermarket wheels.

Hope you can find some.
12 BF750 Camo, 11 Teryx2 Sport, 12 BF750 SE - Ricochet skids, 26" Ceros, Tusk Trilobite HD & Bearclaw HTR, 25.5" Pitbull Rockers, 26" Pitbull Growler BG2.5 (4x9), TrailTech tach/temp, NoToil filter, Moose box, Kimpex seat/footpegs, Works G & Elka Stage 1 shocks
OverTheHill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #4

Quote: Originally Posted by OverTheHill View Post
I've contacted many makers of wheel spacers and none make hub centric spacers. Like you said, they'll say they fit but when you ask them if they have the male on one side and female on the other, they admit that they are made to fit over the carrier on the inside, but don't have the carrier on the outside.

I think you could buy 1.5" spacers, press the studs out, and cut the carrier on the wheel side with a lathe. Unless you have a lathe or can find a machinist that will do it cheap, it will cost more than a set of aftermarket wheels.

Hope you can find some.
I actually could get some worked on a lathe cheap...... but would rather not have to build something one off myself for once. Good old useless aftermarket....... what a surprise. I have a friend that wants to do the same as I with his 2012 so if push comes to shove, we may just get 8 spacers worked and be done with it.

Last edited by Badass69; 06-08-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #5

Is hubcentric even needed? I know there's a few members here running spacers on their 2012's. Will the hub centric only matter at high speeds or on smooth surfaces for long periods?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
Chuck750 Skids Plates
Superwinch Terra 2.5
Warn Front Mount Plow
Galindo/AME Heated Grips
Old 06-09-2012, 06:00 AM   #6

I think it is. The lug nuts and studs will not center the rim with no taper and you end up with a cam lobe for a wheel...Not that drastic of course visually, but still the case and I am not doing this half @$$. From a safety standpoint it potentially can loosen the lugs off.

And quite frankly I like high speed runs on good roads, as that is what surrounds me. I don't want anything to compromise that. I'm sure people get away with it, but I am not interested. I have hubcentric flat back nut rims on my car and I made sure I had centering rings for those..... this is no different.

Last edited by Badass69; 06-09-2012 at 06:39 AM.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:19 AM   #7

View KDIXER's Photo Gallery(0)

Why are you wanting spacers? I ask because I felt like my 2012 750 was too tippy in off camber situations. I was also looking for hub centric spacers with no luck. I finally decided to put 26" bighorn 2.0's on and it cured the tippy feeling. After market tires make a huge difference in the stability of the brute.
KDIXER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:50 AM   #8

Tires and width. I want 12" wide rubber on the rear of the machine and it rubs the gas tank..... my buddy has 2012 with 12" wide tires on the stock rims with the same issue. I'm going 25X12 rears and 25X9.5 fronts.

Plus, quite frankly the current track width, with all other things aside, looks retarded on such a large machine. Even just one inch would be adequate for my intentions.

I'm not worried really because at the worst I have to get my buddy that owns an engine shop to have a set turned for me.... well and my friends machine too.

Just find it odd after this many years of production with the same issue someone would have built something. But by the looks of it, I am not the only one who cannot source any that are premade. I have searched the internet via search engines with every way I could word it..... and Rubber Down Customs is the only maybe I found.

Last edited by Badass69; 06-09-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #9

Done!

And for those wondering about the lugs and nuts sticking past the edge of the spacers:

The photo is really bad but shows how at least for a '12 the aluminum rims are pocketed on the inside. Because of this the lug nuts and studs on the hub do not affect how the rim sits on the spacer. The total damage for the modification to the Highlifter spacers?????? $50.83 at the local John Deere dealership..... No I can't buy rims for anywhere close to that even with the cost of the spacers themselves...... And truthfully I didn't want too as I like my '12 Special editions polished rims.

The spacers are now 0.88" wide which works fine with 12.5" rear tires. So we effectively have a 120 thou thick lip for the rim to ride on, which is plenty. If you want to get creative you can purchase the 1.5" units, turn them down to 1" overall and then install the 1" studs( unless the highlifter uses the same studs all the time and just countersinks them further..... I don't know). Either way this is the results!

Last edited by Badass69; 07-03-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:38 PM   #10

Very nice work. That's a great price too.

Sent from my mobile device with horrible battery life.
Chuck750 Skids Plates
Superwinch Terra 2.5
Warn Front Mount Plow
Galindo/AME Heated Grips

Back to Top    Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Search tags for this page

2012 brute force 750 wheel spacers

2012 brute force wheel spacers

2012 kawasaki 750 brute force lug measurement 110mm or 137mm

2012 kawasaki brute force 750 wheel spacers

50 caliber racing wheel spacers
brute force 750 wheel spacers

brute force wheel spacers

hubcentric atv wheels
kawasaki brute force 750 wheel spacers
quad wheel spacers for bruteforce 750
spacers teryx forum

wheel spacers for brute force 750

wheel spacers for kawasaki brute force
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.