Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

Where do I connect the fuel line that goes from the carburetor to the engine

102K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  Jake7995 
#1 ·
I have a 1995 Bayou 300 that isnt quite running yet but I think I know why. There are two fuel lines coming out of the carburetor but there are 3 nipples that you can hook up fuel lines to. 1 is going from gas tank to carb and the other is from the bowl for overlow. So im guessing that the reason the atv wont start is there is nothing going to the engine directly from the carb. Any thoughts????

#8 ·
There are two fuel lines coming out of the carburetor but there are 3 nipples that you can hook up fuel lines to. 1 is going from gas tank to carb and the other is from the bowl for overlow. So im guessing that the reason the atv wont start is there is nothing going to the engine directly from the carb. Any thoughts????
I'm not quite with you, sorry. Fuel drops out of the tank to the isolate valve (fuel on/off/reserve). Then to the carb. It passes through the carb and drops into the engine. There's an drain and an idle screw.
There is no pipe from the carb to the engine.
???

#9 ·
There are two fuel lines coming out of the carburetor but there are 3 nipples that you can hook up fuel lines to. 1 is going from gas tank to carb and the other is from the bowl for overlow. So im guessing that the reason the atv wont start is there is nothing going to the engine directly from the carb. Any thoughts????
I'm not quite with you, sorry. Fuel drops out of the tank to the isolate valve (fuel on/off/reserve). Then to the carb. It passes through the carb and drops into the engine. There's an drain and an idle screw.
There is no pipe from the carb to the engine.
???

yes that is exactly what im asking. There is no hose going from carb to engine, where does it go onto the engine? (thanks for the help by the way)

#16 ·
the Fuel inlet line is where the gas goes in, it's the same diameter as the fuel on/off valve. there will be a float drain/vent hose on the bottom of the bowl, and there should be a vent hose on the top of the carb.

#18 ·
The hose is in place to try and keep dirt from entering the vent/carb.

If they just left the hole open it would get junk in it quickly.

You can start it without one but I wouldn't ride it that way

#22 ·
Follow the fuel line from the on/off/res tap towards the carb. This is your "supply fuel to the carb" pipe. It's likely to be the one on your photo that comes in from the bottom-left, as that goes into the fuel bowl at the bottom of the carb.

The big 2 inch rubber tube is supplying air to your carb, it's the one on the right of your photo and is supplying air in a right to left direction.

The carb is connected to the "engine" on the left hand side of your photo, that is how the fuel/air mixture your engine needs to run is supplied...there is no "hose", it doesnt exist.

The black plastic tube thing, which has no pipe on it in your photo, is likely to be an overflow. It's missing a pipe. Not critical but get one and route it downwards.

The smaller diameter hose coming out of the bottom is either a drain hose or, if you see a drain screw there also, it's a float level check.

Do you have a manual? It will show you all these pipes.

Your bike looks as if it should run as it is, what was the problem again?

#23 ·
vent line

#25 ·
Does somebody have a Bayou so they can confirm this line is in fact a vent line? It seems like too big of a port to be a vent, and mine has a line going up off my carb. Mine isn't connected to anything, but has a hose on it. I can tell somebody has messed with this carb so I'm trying to confirm where it should go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.