Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

Front mount or center mount plow... does it matter?

11K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  toolman 
#1 ·
I'm looking into getting a plow for me BF 750 4x4i EPS and I see I can choose either front mount or center mount. Is there a difference/preference between the two?

#2 ·
I'm wanting to get a plow to for my 04 p700, do u know what plow brand and style ur going with?? I looked around and videos on YouTube but can't make up my mind.

#3 ·
Guy at work told me to go with EAGLE Plows. Much better than Warn he says.

I'm looking at ordering from here: Pretty cheap.

utvpartsandaccessories.com/eagle_atv_plow_kits.htm

#4 ·
I don't like front mount due to the decrease aproch angle. I have seen to many all bashed up.

I would look at a eagle plow mid mount, it leaves you with a steel mid skid plate that is almost flat.

I also think mid mounts are less stressfull on the frame, but that's my guess.

#6 ·
the one i was looking into was an eagle,,,dont know if they are good or not

#7 ·
Moose makes a very solid plow. IMO center mounted plows tend to have a little more down force due to the extra weight of the longer push tubes. The center mounts do typically spread the stress out on the frame a little more. The down side is they can be a pian to hook up v/s front mount. The main down side of a front mount is that if pushing a load of snow, it will push up on the quad taking weight off of the front tires. This ofcourse results in a loss of traction.

#8 ·
Also, Eagle plows have the ETS (same as warn power pivot) that I will be trying out this season if all goes right (I'm getting lazy I guess lol)

#9 ·
I have an Eagle front mount....pushing snow banks I snapped off the two lower mounting bolts, and when it folded under, the mount was just long enough to shear my drain plug out of the front diff. $1600 later I'm not impressed. The plow is nowhere near as well built as the previous Moose plow that I had.

I will use it again this year, but I'm a little wiser and will be putting more effort into reshaping the mount that came with it, and maybe bracing it better.

You have to remove your front skid plate to install it, overall...I wouldn't get the Eagle again, and I sure wouldn't get the front mount, it's not that much harder to hook up a center mount.

oh yeah...and the mount is way too low to trail ride with, it bottoms out on even the smallest of dips in the trail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.