Kawasaki ATV Forum Header   Kawasaki ATV Forum Header Right
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou Kawasaki's strong and reliable utility ATVs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View kubbie's Photo Gallery(0)
Default Carburetor rebuild

Hi everyone. I really hate to make my first post as a question about whats wrong with my ATV, but I'm having a conundrum.

My Dads Prairie 300 has been sitting for the last few years and he finally decided to sell it to a friend of mine. Trust me the carb is clean and flowing air or fuel thru all the right places. There is nothing clogged. The motor starts on choke but if I turn off the choke it will die. It won't idle without me holding the throttle open, and to start it w/o choke I have to hold throttle WFO. All of this makes me think the pilot jet.

Dad ordered a new pilot kit. It came with a new jet, a spring, a washer and an o-ring. Going by the exploded diagram I should have the o-ring go into the carb body first then the washer, then the spring then the jet set at 2 turns out..

The way I see it with the o-ring going in first, it would block the fuel from being drawn up thru the starter jet and into the intake behind the throttle valve.

So I think the spring needs to go in first then the washer, o-ring then jet.

Please point me in the right direction, if I can get this thing running then I can get a riding buddy again.
kubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
KawieRiders is the premier Kawasaki ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Old 08-25-2012, 05:07 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

View rdm531's Photo Gallery(0)

the correct order - oring,washer, spring, o ring is the first to go in ,if you are putting them on the a/f needle you would install the spring 1st, washer 2nd, o ring 3rd
06 650i,sleeved to 85mm, fst 11.5-1 pistons, fst stage 2 cams,hd value springs,dyna fs ing,full hmf exhaust, hl springs & lift,29.5skinny laws, 1.5in spacers front/2.5 spacers rear, 3000hd warn winch, 2in center snorkels,rad relocated/brush guard&wind screen,aux driving lights,back up light/brush guard,front mounted recever hitch,custom 4 gauge cluster, oil temp, oil press, water temp, an return oil temp,rmax manual 4wd,oil cooler,b/w boston(mud)terrior goes everwhere 4 wheeler gos. ez steer
rdm531 is online now   Reply With Quote

Back to Top    Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Search tags for this page
1999 kawasaki prairie 300 carburetor diagram
2002 prairie 300 carburetor rebuild
how do you rebuild a carburetor on a kawasaki bayou 300

how to rebuild a kawasaki prairie 300 carb

how to rebuild carburetor atv

how to remove carburetor from kawasaki prairie 300
kawasaki atv carburetor

kawasaki atv carburetor diagram

kawasaki atv carburetor spring

kawasaki prairie 300 carb diagram

kawasaki prairie 300 carburetor

kawasaki prairie 300 carburetor adjustment

kawasaki prairie 300 carburetor diagram

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.