Kawasaki ATV Forum Header   Kawasaki ATV Forum Header Right
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou Kawasaki's strong and reliable utility ATVs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View Alaska's Photo Gallery(0)
Default Brute Force 750 reliability?

How many of you folks had issues with either the 2012 or 2013 BF 750's that were not "self inflicted" by running huge aftermarket tires, lift kits, jumping, etc.?

Several of my riding buddies are now telling me the BF is prone to breaking. But of course, they are telling me about a friend of a friend who has problems, a neighbors cousin, etc.

Having never owned a Kawi atv before I am not in a position to say anything but have owned Honda, Suzuki KQ's, and Polaris 6X6 Big boss along with a 700 and never once been stranded by any of them.
Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote
KawieRiders is the premier Kawasaki ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Old 09-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #2
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Premium Member

View riverkid's Photo Gallery(0)

You have nothing to worry about, every brand and model have some kind of issue, people will always talk bad about brands that they dont own. Ive owned every brand except arctic cat ( never will own one) and each one of them had something that wore out prematurly or shouldnt have broke when in did. Im on my 3rd kawi now, my father bought one as well, my next quad will most likely be kawi too.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:47 AM   #3

View KDIXER's Photo Gallery(0)

The biggest problem with a brute is that it actually has enough power to break stuff when abused. If you rip on it all the time, it will eventually break something. That is why Honda has such a good reputation, they are extremely conservative when it comes to power.
KDIXER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #4

View Alaska's Photo Gallery(0)

Forogt about the Arctic Cat I owned as well. It was a 700 and never broke down but it was an absolute beast to steer in the ruts and mud. This is one reason decided to try power steering this time around.
PS: The Cat never broke down either.
Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #5

View carms3's Photo Gallery(0)

Simply put a Brute is a crazy amazing bike!! I trust mine to get me home through almost anything. All brands have issues but as long as you maintain it you'll have nothing to worry about.

My saying is there are two kinds of bikes out there, Brutes and those that want to be Brutes!!!!!!!!!!!
carms3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #6

View MinnKawi's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote: Originally Posted by KDIXER View Post
The biggest problem with a brute is that it actually has enough power to break stuff when abused. If you rip on it all the time, it will eventually break something. That is why Honda has such a good reputation, they are extremely conservative when it comes to power.
x2. Its almost all in the operator.
MinnKawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #7

View dennisgb's Photo Gallery(0)

Yes on Honda comparison! I owned a Honda ATV and it always ran and was very reliable, but it's Honda's strategy to not overuse anything on the bike. Power is conservative on Honda's. Most of the engines have much more available but they tune and gear them so that it isn't used.

Much like the old Maytag washing machines. In the day they had a commercial about the poor Maytag repair man who had nothing to do. Maytags never broke, but they didn't wash clothes as well as many other brands, because they engineered them to not work very hard.
dennisgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #8

I wanted a good used ATV for work around my hobby farm and have some fun with.

I did a ton of research and was really planning on buying a Honda when I ran across a nice used Prairie 360. I did a search on Kawi Prairie's and found the 650 and 700 V-Twins and read nothing but praise from the press and users.

I bought a 2003 Prairie 650 used with 2500 miles on it for a very good price and have been putting it into shape (mostly small tuning and repairs) for the past couple of weeks.

The 2003 Prairie is the same as the new Brute Force with the exception of straight rear axel if you have the "i" version which has independent rear suspension.

This machine is well designed and well built. The engines are used in competitor ATV's and Suzuki even sold the Prairie (exactly the same with Suzuki stickers) for a time. Kawasaki has a great reputation for engines and this is one of the best on any ATV.

I am an engineer by trade and am sure I made the right choice in this Kawi. It's a beast. If you take care of it, change the fluids, watch for issues and fix them before they become a big problem, you will be happy and especially when you can kick most of the competitor's machines butts at pretty much everything (a few are faster).

Depending on how you use it, tires are the one thing you will want for your particular use...beyond that it's wide open (be careful not to run "wide open" too often because it will scare the crap out of you).
Old 09-08-2012, 07:57 AM   #9

View KDIXER's Photo Gallery(0)

dennisgb, how old are you?

No offense, but you put me in mind of someone who recently graduated college. Very ambitous and proud of your career and that is fine and well. But many of us in the same field have learned through experience that it is not worth advertising because not everybody holds engineers in the same regard you do. One thing they never teach you in college is exactly how much scrutiny you will face from all the people building and using your designs.
KDIXER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:59 AM   #10

dennisgb, how old are you?

No offense, but you put me in mind of someone who recently graduated college. Very ambitous and proud of your career and that is fine and well. But many of us in the same field have learned through experience that it is not worth advertising because not everybody holds engineers in the same regard you do. One thing they never teach you in college is exactly how much scrutiny you will face from all the people building and using your designs.
I'm 60

I get what your saying...but I'm at the point where that doesn't bother me much anymore. Some hold engineers in high regard some don't...doesn't make any difference at my age.

Besides here we have a common connection and if we know something we should share because it helps everyone.

I hope I'm not coming off wrong in my comments. I only added that I am an engineer, because I can see the quality of this machine from that perspective and it is well engineered that's all...with the exception of some of the elecctronic/electrical controls, the actuators come to mind, but we could spend a ton of time discussing the why's and the what's about that. Not a Kawi issue it goes across all brands because trying to put those features on a machine with such a varied and intense duty cycle is difficult to do.

Hope that makes sense.

Last edited by dennisgb; 09-08-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Back to Top    Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Search tags for this page

2012 brute force 750 problems

2013 brute force 750

2013 brute force 750 problems

2013 kawasaki brute force 750

2013 kawasaki brute force 750 problems

brute force 750

brute force 750 problems

brute force 750 review

kawasaki 750 brute force problems

kawasaki brute force 750 problems

kawasaki brute force 750 reliability

kawasaki brute force 750 review

kawasaki brute force 750 reviews

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.