Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

New Warn bumper for the 2012-2013 Kawasaki Brute Force Bumper

20K views 42 replies 13 participants last post by  lwmorga2 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Is this is 'redesigned' new bumper for 12/13? Any pics?

#7 ·
Yes please. Overall pic and closeups to the mounting points underneath by the front tire.

thanks

#8 ·
Warn Bumper Revision A-1

Here are the pictures of the Warn Bumper on my 2012 Brute Force. I like it. Without it, the quad appears incomplete and unprotected in the front. The pictures show how the bumper looks and where it is attached to the frame. It weighs around 10 kg. Very well made. Sturdy and good quality. I'm happy with it.

Attachments

#10 ·
I love my Warn Bumper, but you have to trim the tabs with a grinder so your tires dont rub when at full turn...

Attachments

#11 ·
So, Warn redesigned the bumper...looks like they just adjusted the mounting tabs a bit. But it still rubs? It's hard to see tire size on your guys pictures, but they don't look like stock size.

You would think, with all the problems they had before, that they would at least save themselves some hassle, and design the mount so a moderate tire size upgrade wouldn't be a problem.....

I dunno, i just don't get it.

Thanks for the pics guys.

#13 ·
So, Warn redesigned the bumper...looks like they just adjusted the mounting tabs a bit. But it still rubs? It's hard to see tire size on your guys pictures, but they don't look like stock size.
I have Carlisle ACT 26-8/10-12 on my Brute. I like them, these are radial tires good for trail riding and moderate mud. It seems that there is a bit of rubbing on bumpy trails, but nothing dramatic. I'm running stock shocks which are a joke (especially, in the front). They bottom out once in a while. I think the rubbing occurs because the shocks can't do their job properly. It doesn't rub when turning the wheels. I don't know how the bumper will perform with bigger tires. I didn't want bigger tires because of their additional weight.

Also, I have slightly re-positioned the bumper on this past weekend moving it as far ahead from tires as possible. I don't know if it rubs afterwards.

#15 ·
im running 27" XTRs with a 2" lift and 2" wheel spacers and they still rubbed until i modified the mounting tab..

#17 ·
I just installed my WARN Front Bumper.
Sitting on the garage floor and turning the wheels to full lock right/left I see no rubbing issues, I have clearance from the front inside Tire on each full lock turn.
I am using ITP Wheels/14" Grim Reaper 26x9x14 on the Fronts.

Install instructions could of been better with just a couple more detailed Pic's.

I'll be out Flyfishing mid next week, I'll know then if I have any tire rubbing issues.

Attachments

#18 ·
Hopefully the aftermarket wheels give you that little bit to miss the rubbing. Let us know.

I know looking at mine on the garage floor, even with my 300 lb buddy pushing on the front rack, it doesn't look like it would hit, then it does....!

#20 ·
So far, no issues with the WARN Front Bumper and mine is the revised Bumper.

I'll be out on some rougher Mountain Country next week, this will be a good test of the revised WARN Bumper to see if WARN really did fix the problem.

I'll report back on June 7th with my results.

Here are a few PIC's w/the Plastic's back on.

Attachments

#22 ·
UPDATE:
No Issue at all with my revised WARN Front Bumper on my 12BF750.
I rode on a few nasty very rocky trails, trails that I know I will never ride again and not once did the Grim Reaper tires rub on any part of the WARN Bumper.
Nice looking bumper and I am 100% pleased with it.

#29 ·
I have yet another question. When on amazon ready to order there's a spot where it says something like " customers who have purchased this have also purchased " and there is a winch plate.

Now I have a winch installed however have no clue as to the company who makes the plate or winch for that matter (a dealer put it on when I did my plow)

I would like to know if its universal or I have to get this mount.

Thanks all

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

#30 ·
Your current Winch Mount will not be in the way for the WARN mounts.

That is just a way for buyers to buy other stuff on Amazon, just ignore it.
Amazon had the lowest price so I went with them, also It was shipped the next day.

#33 · (Edited)
I have installed the Tuff LED 2 X 4" Inch Round 27 watt lights. Got them on Amazon. They fit well in the larger mounting holes on the Warn bumper and work excellently at night. I have tested them tonight and I am very pleased with their performance. Compared to these lights, the stock lights are a joke.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.