Kawasaki ATV Forum Header   Kawasaki ATV Forum Header Right
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou Kawasaki's strong and reliable utility ATVs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View jjenk298's Photo Gallery(0)
Default BF 750 fan

The fan on my 07 Brute Force 750 does not want to run for extended periods of time. It seems to just kick on every once in a while and turn right off...like a second or two it will run for. The coolant level is adequate. Any ideas??

Thanks
Old 04-05-2013, 06:57 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

View dman66's Photo Gallery(9)

Hey neighbor...Have you opened up the coolant system recently or had a coolant leak?It could be air bubbles trapped in the coolant system or your radiator could be low on coolant.Or It sounds like maybe the rad fan temp. sensor could be causing this problem - the sensor is an "on/off" switch based on temperature.In the winter months,my 05 750 fan may run for about 10 -15 seconds - in the summer months and running low and slow,the fan runs alot and longer.If you were to open up the coolant lines,I would replace the coolant thermostat on the upper right side of front head,and the rad fan sensor.I would also consider the high flow water pump impellar mod - my quad will be getting one cause slow technical riding really heats up the coolant.I'm also gonna install the oil cooler mod soon too. If ya need help,I'm 15 minutes down the road.

Quote: Originally Posted by jjenk298 View Post
The fan on my 07 Brute Force 750 does not want to run for extended periods of time. It seems to just kick on every once in a while and turn right off...like a second or two it will run for. The coolant level is adequate. Any ideas??

Thanks
05 Brute 750i Stock engine/ Muzzy Pro exhaust,Dynatec cdi,Vision Bruiser 14" wheels, 26" Kenda Bounty Hunters,3" intake snorkle - restricted,2" CVT snorkles,automotive 10" fan,ASR a-arm bushings,removed sway bar ,buss connector mod,rejetted at #40 pilots,2 3/4 out on A/F screws,stock needles shimmed .030",# 160/# 160 main Jets

Last edited by dman66; 04-05-2013 at 07:09 PM.
dman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #3

View jjenk298's Photo Gallery(0)

I'm going to mess with it tonight. I'm supposed to go riding Thursday...

My plan tonight is to flush/top off the coolant system. Maybe I will catch a break. My theory on the temp sensor on/off switch is that it is properly telling the fan to turn on, right? For some reason it isnt staying on... which doesnt make sense.

My plan if I cant figure it out/fix it by thursday is do bypass the sensor and hardwire the fan to a toggle switch so I can turn it on and off manually... thoughts?
Old 04-08-2013, 09:29 AM   #4

View drewlawrence's Photo Gallery(0)

I would think that the fan switch might have failed. But if you bypass the switch on the rad, and it still does the same. Maybe start looking at the breaker. Also a low coolant level may cause the issue.

Running a toggle switch it a great way to keep it cool. But if your rad switch isn't working and you forget to turn it on, you might overheat. So if you cant fix the issue, maybe hard wiring on all the time might be your option.
Full Muzzy Pro
VFJ MSD
Warn XT25
27" Mudlite XTR's
Moose Utility Front/Rear Bumpers
Temp guage, Fan Override
Symtec Heated Grips
SATV Ez Steer
1.5" Spacers All Around
drewlawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:38 AM   #5

View Steve8511's Photo Gallery(0)

I found the wiring on the breaker of my 2007 to cause those problems.

Run it until the fan comes on and hop on the seat a few times and if that cuts it off you might have the same problem.

I replaced the breaker with an inline fuze and sealed the wire.
Steve8511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:01 PM   #6

I forgot about that factory fan breaker - install a waterproof fuse holder with a 20 amp fuse in it.Also if you're riding on RAC property,make sure you have your pass - a state cop checked us on Sunday morning at Burma Rd.I've never been checked in the past 3 years til yesterday. Oh yeah,you can just jump out the two wires at the sensor,to insure the fan runs good.I wound up installing a 12 voltdc relay,and the fan bypass switch will turn on the relay,and the fan wires run through the relay instead of the switch - had problems burning up switchs - no more problems since I went with the relay setup.
05 Brute 750i Stock engine/ Muzzy Pro exhaust,Dynatec cdi,Vision Bruiser 14" wheels, 26" Kenda Bounty Hunters,3" intake snorkle - restricted,2" CVT snorkles,automotive 10" fan,ASR a-arm bushings,removed sway bar ,buss connector mod,rejetted at #40 pilots,2 3/4 out on A/F screws,stock needles shimmed .030",# 160/# 160 main Jets

Last edited by dman66; 04-08-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #7

View idiggplants's Photo Gallery(0)

hey guys. i'm a friend of the OP's..

we opened the rad cap and noticed there was fluid to the top... so unless there is some pocket of air, that should be good(havent changed fluid or anything recently, so id be confused as to why there is a pocket)...

we also ruled out the fan being bad, but running a jump pack to that. runs fine.

my plan of attack is as follows: find the temp switch (from what ive read, it's in the radiator, somewhere on the left side if sitting on the seat.) and bypass that. if the fan runs, it is either the switch or an air bubble.

if it doesnt, the problem is elsewhere. i read about a lot of people bypassing the commonly faulty circuit breaker with an inline fuse. in fact, it sounds like something that should be done as a preemptive fix. only thing is, where is that located? under the seat... but then im not sure where/which breaker it is. any way to figure that out? just start pulling them and see what happens?

between those 2 things, we should have it fixed. if not, the problem might be in some "buss" box that is under the seat. couldnt find any real info on that, but apparently if that is corroded, other things would be causing havoc too.

if we cant find the problem though, im thinking that we could jump a toggle where the temp switch is located.

side note.. is it important to use special antifreeze in these machines?
idiggplants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #8

I'm right down the road from Fleetwood,if you guys needed some help,or to view a brute with these mods already.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #9

View brutemike's Photo Gallery(0)
Default Re: BF 750 fan

Do the breaker first real simple then more to the next thing of that don't work but I would put money on it that this is the problem. The breaker sits rite beside the the belt reset plug under the seat.Its not in with the fuses.
brutemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:57 PM   #10
apd

View apd's Photo Gallery(0)

How do I post my own topic/question?
apd is offline   Reply With Quote

Back to Top    Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Search tags for this page

07 brute force 750 fan switch

750 brute force fan toggle swicth
750 brute force is fan not running
brute force 750 radiator fan override
h radiator fan on kawasaki 750 bf
kawaski model 750bf fan switch location
locate brute force 750 fan switch to put toggle switch
radiator fan on kawasaki 750 bf video breaker reset
will low coolant level cause my fan to not kick on? polaris
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.