Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

Help! Brute force 750 2013 overheating

9K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Echapa 
#1 ·
Hi the thing is that I have a brute force 750 2013 and is beating me up :mad:

The problem is that the ATV is not cooling the right way... For example I run the bike and the water temperature rise to 90*c (Celsius) the fan manage to cool it to 86*, 84* but very slow, some times get the job done and cool it down to 79* where the fan stops, but mostly if I help it with water.

I have access to an Scaner that's say me real time the temperature the fan stars to work at 87*c (Celsius) and stops at 79*c as is spouse.
The radiator is clean.
The Water pump is fine (remove the cap and check)
The fan breaker is fine
The sensor is working fine because I test it!
The Fuse is good
The relay is good

What I'm afraid is that the amperage of the fan... I have the service manual but it doesn't tell me what the amperage it suppose to be....
I don't know... It's driving crazy
I don't want to go to the dealer because I'm in panama and the only know the change the oil... If I go with them they will start to change parts until the "fix" the problem but not in less than 4 months...

Can any body tell me the amp right amp of the fan? Or give me an idea, if I'm missing something.
Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
most times the rad is just not clean enough. the stock cooling is marginal so the rad has to be 100% clean. i take the fan and clean it good from the back out once a month probably when i ride in alot of mud. maybe once every 3 later in the season when not so muddy. dont know if you have simple green but its a good de-greaser and gets rid of the mud easily. when its good you should be able to shine a light from the back and not see any mud in the fins

#4 ·
I believe he is saying he needs to know the proper amperage the fan should use when it is working properly. Implying that he thinks his fan isn't flowing enough sometimes. I suggest cleaning it as well.

#6 ·
Thanks for the replays! I'm going to take the rad out in order to be sure that's is clean!

What I'm afraid of it that the last time I ride my ATV the light of overheating turn on like 8 times. Each time I stop and throw some Water to cool it down.
Right now doing the tests the fan never stops by his own, I'm
Afraid it might burn or something....

#7 ·
And also I'm afraid that the temperature of de Water is never going down to the point where the fan stops... Not cooling the way it suppose.
I used to have KVF 750 2007, KVF 750 2010 and when the fan start to work in top 15 to 20 min it will stop! On my ATV now it never does, because is not cooling the right way

Sorry if I'm hard to get understand... My English is a "little" rust... Hahaha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.