Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

Noisy 2013 Brute Force 750?

6K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Rundown 
#1 ·
Hey guys, picked up a new 2013 Brute Force 750 a few weeks ago and am very happy with it. Just performed the 10 hr service last week, used Rotella 5w-40 oil and a Mobil 1 oil filter. I've noticed that the engine makes all kinds of noises, including a slight ticking/rattling noise coming from the left side of the motor (opposite belt side). It's not loud by any means, but if you listen for it you can hear it. Is that normal? What would cause the rattle sound I hear, the chains? I read that valves out of adjustment can make noise, but I surely don't need them adjusted with only 12 hrs on it right?

#9 ·
Earplugs and/or a louder exhaust will help, lol.
No hydraulic lifters and a chain driven valve train; there's going to be noises.

#11 ·
You can't rule out bad factory assembly/adjustment. Find someone who has another kawie and listen to it to compare. Or ask the dealer to start another V-twin for you.

Like the others have said, they are very Noisy machines. The transmission whine drove me crazy until I put an exhaust on my P700. And when you ride in low gear you'll hear the drivetrain clicking a lot. You'll get used to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.