Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

2013 Brute Force 750 EPS. Any problems?

25K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  windriver 
#1 ·
After our debacle with the POS side by side my Dad has fell in love with a Candy Apple Lime Green 2013 Brute Force 750 SE. The dealer with out even haggling offered to drop the price from 10349 to 9500. Soon he will probably pull the trigger and get it but i want to know is there anything to watch out for on the new ones? Any power steering issues or fuel onjecting issues? The new brutes seem easier to work on (more space) and seem to be built better. Just wanting yalls input. Thanks!

#2 ·
There was one guy that posted up some sort of a problem with the EPS, I don't know if he got it fixed or not. That's the only one I've seen or heard of.

#4 · (Edited)
I too had a bad battery, replaced on warranty. My CVT belt got loose quickly but I don't consider that a "problem".

Really I think the 2012 and newer Brutes are at least 2nd generation and are fairly trouble-free and refined. Kawasaki seems to have paid attention and learned field experience. I think we can consider it a fairly mature product, this video featuring Kawasaki's product manager gives a good overview...

Overall I'm quite pleased with my Brute, my biggest complaint is the standard shocks... just ordered Elkas.

#6 ·
My 12 has been good. Did need to tighten the belt two times so far, and had a fuel filter issue (the filters tend to get clogged in the tank). I change all my fluids after every big ride (250 miles or so) as well as clean and oil the air filter same time. They tend to require a bit more maintenance than others (grizzly), but they r much runner on the trail if u like to play around and get on it hard. Stock shocks suck...so do tires...those should be first upgrades if u ride hard

#7 ·
No problems with mine (it's candy green) Only a couple hundred miles so far and the EPS and FI are really nice to have.

I had an 05 before and notice the front of the frame seems to come further out and gets hit easier. Front lower plastics are a joke, broke one side strapping it down, small hit broke another piece off.

#9 ·
had an oil leak on my 2013 (front of the crank case) covered by warranty factory defect, other than that no problems got 1050 miles and 70+-hrs, even with that oil leak misshap I don't regret buying it love the bike. oh and if you're trail riding alot like me the shocks do suck!

#21 · (Edited)
Did have to tighten the belt once

I'm starting to think at 3000 miles I should at least take a look at mine. :lol:

Doug let me spend a day on the 2010(?), maybe an '09.
It had power but for some reason it didn't do anything for me.

Then he gave me this 2012 SE to ride and I put just over 400 miles on it.
The first day I knew a BF would be my next ATV.

#15 ·
Ur tank vent valve is letting crud in the tank, especially if u ride in wet and mud. It's a terrible design. When I had a brute mine messed up 3 times before I fixed it for good

Tank fuel pump out and you will have a tea bag filter that needs changed. Pry apart the fuel pump housing and there is another filter in there (looks like a metal screen). Use a pick and knock holes in it or take it out. Reinstall everything and then install inline fuel filter after the tank and before the injectors. Take off ur tank vent line and run fuel tubing along frame to the headlight pod area. Put a stone filter on the end and u r good.

Never had a problem after doing all the above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#17 ·
I have a filter on the tank vent now and a prefilter on the filler neck. When they are going bad I get about half throttle but anything over that it sputters and pops. No deep water, no deep mud, just use it for trail riding and hunting so pretty easy miles.

Done going to the local dealer in Halifax, if it acts up again it will go somewhere else. Glad I got the extended warranty ( I was mostly worried about the EPS) and it's still covered till 2017.

#18 ·
I was thinking that there is something wrong with at least one of the injectors, low flow or something. As soon as the pump has a tiny bit of wear (not new anymore), it can't pump enough fuel through the injectors.

#19 ·
Perhaps but that would require a dealership that is capable of actually diagnosing a problem.
Last time it took 6 weeks for them to order and install a fuel pump.

Tired of the old "wow, we never heard of this happening before" story from the service manager when the parts girl tells me they replace a lot of them and even moreso on the Teryx.

#22 ·
The only problem with the new 2013 Brute, Is that I need a new one. HaHaHa....

#24 · (Edited)
I do like the green too. But the dark green is the one I like. The painted green luster wore off for me.
Either way, the stickers need to go.

Attachments

#26 ·
The 2015 dark green one that I picked up yesterday is still in the back of my pickup. I'm thinking that most of the stickers need to go away.... Somehow they make the machine look kinda "cheap", I prefer the unadorned look anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.