Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

2012+ bf750 cams worth it?

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  NovaKaw650 
#1 ·
Not ready to do a motor build. But was wondering if the 2012+ cams are worth the swap sense I have it tore apart to actually check/adjust the valves.

Machine is a 2006 bf750
Empire duals
Dyna cdi box
Vfj stg 3 spidermod clutch
Ehs lid (not installed or jetted for yet)

Thanks everyone!

#2 ·
I just installed them in my Prairie. They made a very noticeable difference. They will really work nice with the mods you already have.

#3 ·
Not as big a difference as going from stock 700 Prairie cams, but very noticeable none-the-less. Plus you could probably sell them fairly easily if you decide to go to bigger cams.

#4 ·
Sweet I might just do it then I have had the cams for awhile now just didn't know if they be worth it I originally got the for the kfx700 lol. Looking to get it to go pretty good for this summer. Then next year rebuild it either with a bkp 750 kit or a bkp 840 kit that's still undecided.

#5 ·
Do it for sure if you already have the cams.

#6 ·
I bought an engine kit from dirty south customs. Couldn’t get an off the line bog out of it period.I messed around for a year. Bought a msd module thinking it was a tuning problem. Had it tuned on a dyno with an msd module. Ended up taking the cams out and put the factory cams back in. Runs perfect now.high comp pistons stock cams. Im going to retune the msd myself. Just sharing my nightmare. Do what you want.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
These are stock cams but for the brute force 2012 to current so idk why there would be a problem or off the line bog.

#9 ·
Lots of similar kits out there with strong cams, and they're able to tune them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.