Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What do you guys think?

2K views 33 replies 10 participants last post by  VS_Goose 
#1 ·
Its time for a new belt..... What do ya all think or heard about the G Boost drive belt for our Brutes?
I seen it on ATV TV and was wondering if they are any good and how long do they last?
Or should I put a Treyx belt on my 15 brute 750.

Thanks HDTV

#2 ·
The guy the you saw on TV using the G-Boost is on this forum..Rubiranch and he just changed it out. I think he was pretty happy with it but you can PM him and see. As for the Teryx belt, although it is the very best you can buy for all pre 2012s...and I run one on mine, with the clutch changes they made in 2012s+ it may not be the best one to go with for the newer ones. Although it's probably OK, I would be tempted to stay with the OE Kawasaki belt for yours. JMO.

#3 · (Edited)
I was OK with the G-Boost but have since replaced it with the OE belt. I just like OE parts.

I can't see spending the time to tear off the cover to inspect the belt let alone adjust it without just replacing it.

The belt from the dealer was under $100.

I'll buy a new belt every winter when I take it in to get the valves adjusted and put it on when I get back home.

Then I don't ever have to worry about the belt at all.

And I don't think I'll wait another 5000 miles to replace my combustion igniters either. :lol:

#4 · (Edited)
I was OK with the G-Boost but have since replaced it with the OE belt. I just like OE parts.

I can't see spending the time to tear off the cover to inspect the belt let alone adjust it without just replacing it.
Wait a tick.....I thought you said the G boost was the actual OEM belt. Yeah, you argued with Novakaw650 and NMKawierider that it was when they recommended to you to just go with OEM. So, you kept the GB on for a year, then ditched it, then bought an OEM like you were told in the first place? If they're the same, and if you get the GB's for free, then why?
By the way, adjusting belts is easy. It's only a couple steps past putting a new belt on. I don't know about a Gboost, but throwing an OEM away after only a year is wasteful. But then again, paying someone $150 to check valves is too. But I guess you gotta do what you gotta do when you don't know how to do it yourself.

#5 ·
Vforce John says oe Kawasaki belts are the best on our Brutes.

#7 ·
OEM is as good or better than any aftermarket belt. They've been proven on 200hp + motors.

#13 ·
Thanks for all of your input guys!! I did not mean to start a pissing contest! I just ordered an OEM belt from my dealer. He even matched the e-bay price!

Thanks

HDTV
Congrats! I don't think you went wrong with that choice. And don't worry about the starting anything. On the contrary, I think you finished it.:wink2::smile2:

#17 ·
The people who say 3k are the dealers, shops, and oil companies who are trying to sell a product.
This statement bothered me a little so I thought I'd share my 'differing viewpoint' :)grin2:). Dealers, shops, and oil companies have people far more knowledgeable about oil in general than your average person. I help manage a local service center and serve as one of the lead technicians as well. Over the past 20 years, I've been to 30-40 classes on oil alone, most of them sponsored by the manufacturers and distributors. The guys putting on these classes are not salesman, nor are they trying to sell me a product. They are educating the general service population so that we can give better and more accurate advice to customers who flat don't know. 3k oil changes on conventional are still the standard. That's what I recommend to my customers and what I do to my own vehicles running conventional. Why? Oil is cheap, engines are not.

This might shock you but I DON'T WANT YOUR OIL CHANGE BUSINESS! No aftermarket shop does. Very few dealers do. The business barely breaks even on oil change services and the Tech's lose money doing it. That's a fact. We only do it as a courtesy to our customers and shop traffic filler. The only places that want your oil change business are the ones that buy cheap, crappy oil in huge volume and utilize an unskilled labor force. That's the only way its profitable. Keep that in mind next time you go to Jiffy Lube or WalMart for an oil change.

If you were to take 2 brand new like vehicles, both running the same conventional oil, one changed at 3k intervals and the other at 5k, I'll bet whats in my 401k that the 3k car has cleaner internals that will have less problems and last longer.

JMHO, based on lots of knowledge, personal experience, and because Chuck Norris said so. Don't make Chuck mad, change your oil.

#18 ·
As a side note.

I started adjusting valves bank in the early 70's. I'd be willing to bet that there are few if anyone on this forum that have adjusted as many valves as I have.

I've built and raced small block Fords that turned higher RPMs than these "high-tech high reving" (as dickstart calls them) V-twin engines do.

I've built tons of engines and adjusted 1,000s of valves which is nothing more than child's play.

I was the Director of Technical Support for one of the largest automotive franchise corporations in the country for over 10 years.

my office

I was the 1-800 guy who diagnose and solved the difficult problems for over 150 technicians in over 30 service centers.
I wrote technical training manuals and taught advanced diagnostic, electronic and AC classes.
I was on the Advisory Council for the automotive program at Salt Lake Community College for over 10 years.
I was a First and Edge instructor when Utah first implemented dyno emission testing.
I had countless automotive training certificates.
I was certified by the National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence, GM, Ford VW, Standard Ignition, Four Seasons, Sun Electric Corp, Allen Test Products and several other automotive corporations.

When it comes to the automotive (and ATV) world you're still in diapers dickstart.
Its probably time for you to go have another oil analysis done.

#21 · (Edited)
Once again Kenny you show your class (or lack thereof) by calling names and making personal attacks when someone points out your inconsistencies. Too bad this site is not moderated or you'd get kicked off it just like you have been on other sites before.

If anyone is a newb to atvs, its you. Despite the fact you call yourself an "expert", I know for a fact that you've only owned two ATVs in your life, (and you managed to blow your first one up), and you've only been riding since 2001. I'd had 6 ATVs by then, and had been riding for 18 years already. And just how does a automotive technician neglect to change his oil in his ATV for 5000 miles?! You sure don't like to mention that on your resume!

Its time you come to the realization that I'm never going to quit calling your bs. I see through your charade like a cheap shower curtain. Your taunts and your name calling only strengthen my fortitude! People like you are never going to learn, and you are never going to grow up. The only thing you've got is old wives tales, outdated information, name calling, and insecurities. I almost feel bad for folks like you. It's gotta be tough eeking through life as an ignoramus.

That's all I'm going to say about that. If you want to further this dialogue, I'd be glad to come down to the Sam Stowe campground and we can do it in person. How would that be?

#23 ·
I'm not taking sides and don't really give two squirts of bull urine what your problems are with each other. I just think it would be better if we focused on positive and useful information. I know from my short time here you both have lots of things to contribute to the knowledge base. I hope you continue to do so but stop with the drama already. It simply deters people from participating in an otherwise productive discussion.

#24 · (Edited)
Its been my experience, with multiple brand machines, that the OE belt gives the best results. I think you made the right choice.

I recently tried 2 different EPI belts on a brute that both yielded undesirable results. I got better performance out of an OE belt with 1500 miles on it. I ended up buying a new OE replacement belt and taking it back off after no noticeable difference in performance from the used OE. Guess its still got some life left in it. At least I have a spare.

Anyone else have similar experience with aftermarket belts? Out of the 3 I've tried, all of them were either longer or narrower and I lost a great deal of top end with them.

#28 ·
Once again Kenny, thanks again for proving all my points. You're as predictable as the mail!:laugh: The fact that I've reduced you to childish behavior shows i hit a nerve and there is truth in my accusations.:wink2: I'm giving you a chance to prove otherwise, but you ain't got nothing but name calling and whining.:frown2:

#30 ·
You sure put me in my place dickstart, that's for sure. :crying:

Yep, you're right once again, as always. :surprise:

I've never been soo embarrassed and humiliated in my life. :crying:

Not from what I've posted but for stooping down to your level. :grin2:

I'm afraid I might have to seek other forums to post all my bullshit in. :crying:

I'm actually a very well liked and respected individual with countless friends. One who gets along with everyone, even a few Democrats. :wink2:

But every once in a while someone like you slithers thru the cracks and appears out of nowhere. :grin2:

And for the record, I hope I never grow up. >:)

I still think you suffer from playground damage. Have you ever tried to seek professional help?

One last present.

You're going to need this to wipe shit off your nose from having it soo far up my ass from following me around and "calling me on my BS". :wink2:

Its time to move on so one last farewell. :zzz:

#32 · (Edited)
You sure put me in my place dickstart, that's for sure. :crying:

Yep, you're right once again, as always. :surprise:

I've never been soo embarrassed and humiliated in my life. :crying:

Not from what I've posted but for stooping down to your level. :grin2:

I'm afraid I might have to seek other forums to post all my bullshit in. :crying:

I'm actually a very well liked and respected individual with countless friends. One who gets along with everyone, even a few Democrats. :wink2:

But every once in a while someone like you slithers thru the cracks and appears out of nowhere. :grin2:

And for the record, I hope I never grow up. >:)

I still think you suffer from playground damage. Have you ever tried to seek professional help?

One last present.

You're going to need this to wipe shit off your nose from having it soo far up my ass from following me around and "calling me on my BS". :wink2:

Boy, for someone who claims to be ignoring me, you sure read a lot of my posts!:grin2:

Unfortunately, yours are all the same. Just BS, name calling, snide remarks, defending your poor choices, and cute little pictures of what you have in your closet bathroom. Are you ever going to post anything of value? I mean seriously, with all your vast knowledge and experience of being a phone jockey at a grease pit, you sure don't help too many folks here with technical questions. You never contribute anything but a few pretty pictures of Utah, and an occasional opinion about some free stuff Doug gives you. Then when actual knowledgeable people give you advice, you argue with them. Anyone reading this thread can clearly see what you are all about. Just tonight, I've had seven people contact me and say things about you that make what I'm saying seem tame! Maybe "all your countless friends" aren't as numerous as you think!.:laugh:

BTW, we're still waiting to hear why you ditched the gboost, and why it's not an OEM anymore, and why you so quietly got rid of it. Or would you rather just sweep that under the rug and post more pics of your underwear and toiletries instead? Lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.