old vs new Brute - Kawasaki ATV Forum
Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou Kawasaki's strong and reliable utility ATVs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 06-18-2017, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

old vs new Brute

I sold my Brute Force I bought new and was wondering if the new ones have buss connector problems and oil seal problems like the old ones? Are the new ones available with polished aluminum wheels?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 06-18-2017, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82vette View Post
I sold my Brute Force I bought new and was wondering if the new ones have buss connector problems and oil seal problems like the old ones? Are the new ones available with polished aluminum wheels?
What are you considering old and new brute old as pre-2012 or new 15+
Iv had no problem with either issues you've mentioned and I have 2015 and 2016 .. but I regularly maintenance all fluids use rotella 15w40 oil , and dielectric grease all connections

16' bf750 mean green - 15' bf750 white stalion
BruteLife850-407
post #3 of 13 Old 06-18-2017, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

I had a 2005
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 06-19-2017, 11:21 AM

My mechanic, who works on all brands of ATV's, told me that you won't find a new ATV (any manufacturer) that comes close to the quality in your older, 2005, Brute Force. Today it's about cutting cost and increasing profits. My 2006 750 BF has been an absolute gem of a machine. Couple of CVT belts, regular maintenance and it keeps on ticking. On the other hand, my 2016 CanAm Outlander 850 has had all kinds of problems. Just had to have the power steering system replaced because it completely failed. CanAm has other problems too. my 750 BF feels more solid and less fragile then my 2016 CA. The CA does have a lot more gitty-up with the 850 and EFI. But other than that, my BF is my workhorse for farmstead work and winter plowing. Not scientific, just my experience.
post #5 of 13 Old 06-19-2017, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmthomson View Post
My mechanic, who works on all brands of ATV's, told me that you won't find a new ATV (any manufacturer) that comes close to the quality in your older, 2005, Brute Force. Today it's about cutting cost and increasing profits. My 2006 750 BF has been an absolute gem of a machine. Couple of CVT belts, regular maintenance and it keeps on ticking. On the other hand, my 2016 CanAm Outlander 850 has had all kinds of problems. Just had to have the power steering system replaced because it completely failed. CanAm has other problems too. my 750 BF feels more solid and less fragile then my 2016 CA. The CA does have a lot more gitty-up with the 850 and EFI. But other than that, my BF is my workhorse for farmstead work and winter plowing. Not scientific, just my experience.
The newer brutes are the same as the 05 just more improvements ,08 introduced fuel injection , 2012 they changes plastics added power steering , 2015 they added o2 sensors and different tuning the brute force constantly has been a good reliable quad .. now certain years may be built slightly better due to higher or less production output a stricter quality control or some years they slacked on but they always keep the same platform unlike can am who try something new every year

BruteLife850-407
post #6 of 13 Old 06-19-2017, 11:45 AM

Flipped it twice down a hill and rode around for another 4 hours crossed that Mudd pond behind our highlifter RZR. Brute wasn't even snorkled and than left the bike for the entire weekend with rear rack bent . Took it off and let's the plastics sit outside in the heat and they looked good as new besides the scratches and light Paint crack and that's the limited edition plastics which of you know Kawasaki usually are very brittle so . Replaced my rack and bought another brute lol sold my renegade 1000 due to constant diff issues belts and ect .. given I rode it like hell but I do all my quads and never had the issues like I did from Can am all tho I do like brp engines .. so I think it's depends on many variables of the quads reliability

BruteLife850-407
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0278.jpg (159.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0280.jpg (134.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0295.jpg (83.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0298.jpg (43.3 KB, 7 views)
post #7 of 13 Old 06-19-2017, 11:51 AM

Eating can ams on a daily stock engine, stock diffs , stocks axles ,stock belt on 31" tractor tires custom 2.5" bracket lift .. don't believe the rumors believe the facts

BruteLife850-407
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0499.jpg (208.3 KB, 13 views)
post #8 of 13 Old 06-19-2017, 04:26 PM

I have kicked around the idea of selling my CanAm and getting a newer Brute Force with power steering (Because of debilitating arthritis in my shoulders, wrists, elbows and fingers along with 3 discs compressing my spine, I need the power steering to continue 4 wheeling, which I SOOOO love to do. I just have to take it a little easier than I used to). I DO LIKE Kawi's ALLOT!!!
post #9 of 13 Old 06-19-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmthomson View Post
I have kicked around the idea of selling my CanAm and getting a newer Brute Force with power steering (Because of debilitating arthritis in my shoulders, wrists, elbows and fingers along with 3 discs compressing my spine, I need the power steering to continue 4 wheeling, which I SOOOO love to do. I just have to take it a little easier than I used to). I DO LIKE Kawi's ALLOT!!!
What model can am do you have ,
I love my brute .. so much 6months later I bought another one lol

BruteLife850-407
post #10 of 13 Old 06-19-2017, 05:30 PM
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

I as well like the Outlander, but based on what Can AM owners tell me, the Brute seems to be tried and true. If I could swing the cost of a new Brute, I would not hesitate to buy one. Now, I am more comfortable working with the older carbed machines which has less electronics to fail over a FI machine.

05 Brute 750i Stock engine/ Muzzy Pro exhaust,Dynatec cdi,Vision Bruiser 14" wheels, 26" Bear Claw HTR Tires,3" intake snorkle - restricted,2" CVT snorkles,10" electric fan with custom mount,Mr Gasket Fuel Pump ,rejetted at #40 pilots,2 3/4 out on A/F screws,stock needles shimmed .030",# 158/# 158 main Jets

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode