Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

Brute Front differential

2K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  VTwinKawi 
#1 ·
So my axle seal was leaking, no big deal until I pulled my left axle out and the needles fell out of the bearing. I cant get the bearing out, do i have to take out the diff. To change it? Any tricks for this?

#3 ·
I was trying to get away with not taking the diff. Out

#4 ·
Now thats funny. You have to take the diff out to repair it.

#7 ·
I moved it enough to get the cover off. Only took 4 hours. What a c__nt. Kawasaki didn't do us any favors.

Attachments

#8 ·
looks like you have got mud in it would pull it and replace all those bearings, its not going to be easy to put the balls back that way either, they have kits with the seals and bearings, i got on ebay.
have to make sure the spring for the clutch is right too or it wont release.

#9 ·
Are you talking about the spring on the lever?

#11 ·
I took it the rest of the way out today and ordered a bearing kit from all balls.

#12 ·
hopefully they have the needle bearings or the clutch, the one i ordered didnt and it ended up being another 40+ at the stealer

#13 ·
#14 ·
All back together and test road it, no problems. It wasn't that bad as long as you have a press.

#15 ·
the one i couldnt get out was the in in the case that the pinion goes into, had to make a tool to jack it out with a long bolt, they were all in there really good

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.