Kawasaki ATV Forum Header   Kawasaki ATV Forum Header Right
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou Kawasaki's strong and reliable utility ATVs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2003, 09:39 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View Freeze's Photo Gallery(0)
Default Artic Cat 650 Belt light, and review

Hello,
Over the weekend i was trying to hook up a winch on my new AC 650. I was looking for a hot wire under the seat and i probably did something i wasn't supposed to do. My buddy told me not to use those orange wires and i told him "well lets see what happens." In doing so i triggered the belt light and my quad is stuck in retard mode. I said, "ooops i did a bad thing." Any way, i searched the internet and have found a ton of info on how to reset the kawasaki brands belt light but no luck on my AC. I tried to do the same as the kfx, and prairie but i could only find the one 4 connector. I found the one 2 connector and close by only one 4 prong connector, not two. I was wondering if anyone has played with one yet or has any advise. I am not afraid to experiment with some wires if anyone has any guess's. The owners manual for AC is worthless. It is filled with 900 pages of warning for idiot owners. Like me! I've got a call in to my dealer, but he doesn't know yet because the unit is to new. The dealer is a freind of mine and he said we will call AC tech together when i get out of work.

As a side note, i love the quad. I really like the motor. I race dirt bikes, KTM's in the summer and i ride quads in the fall and winter. I ride with a group of assorted quads like grizzly's, polaris and z400's, but sorry no prairies in our group.... YET! Compared to the grizzly it has better power, (longer, tourqier, faster) but doesn't seem to have the snap of the grizz. The AC has a better ride, for slow and fast stuff. Although, the handling of the grizzly is way better than the AC. The AC will push bad and also is a little to big to fit in small places. The grizz also feels like it will turn much sharper than the AC. Nothing is more fustrating than have to use reverse to navagate a tight turn between trees and the grizz didn't. But over all i like it! The coolest thing is watching the grizz go in reverse over fallen logs and the mighty AC just cruises right over with it's awesome ground clearance.
I will post back after the tech call. Fell free to post any questions on the AC. The grizzly is a beat '03 with 25 inch mud lites. Sorry for the length of the post and the typos.
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
KawieRiders is the premier Kawasaki ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Old 10-22-2003, 02:23 PM   #2
Super Moderator
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Premium Member

View Mikeyboy_esq's Photo Gallery(13)

Freeze,
Thanx for the thorough review of the AC650. I'm guessing the snappier throttle response of the Griz as compared to your AC650 has a lot to do with the additional weight of your machine over his. But when the two machines weigh the same weight (like a stock P650/P700 and a stock Grizzley), I'm sure the Prairie has a snappier throttle response than the Griz. BTW, what is the top-speed of your AC650?

Anyway, sorry that I don't have any suggestions for your belt light problem except that perhaps you/your dealer can call the Kawasaki tech if you can't get an answer from the AC tech.

Good luck and Happy Trails...
2002 Prairie 650 (parted out)

Happy trails...
Mikeyboy_esq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 04:05 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View nightryder's Photo Gallery(0)

on the p650 the one 2 pin connector right by the 4 pin is the 2 pin to use. the p 650 doesnt use the 4 pin connector right by the 2 pin connector, leave it attached. the 2 four pin connectors on my p650 are located behind the plastic on the right hand side (when seated on the machine) right by the air box. they were strapped to the frame. hoped that helped
Warn #2500 winch
27" bear claws
black secondary, maroon primary springs
Napa hose w/airbox baffel cut out, twin air filter, needles shimmed to .04", re-jetted to 142f, 145r
Nyroc modded exhaust, partially removed spark arrestor, 6 1/2" holes
nightryder is offline   Reply With Quote

Back to Top    Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Search tags for this page

2004 arctic cat 650 belt light reset

2004 arctic cat 650 belt reset

2005 arctic cat 650 v2 reviews
650 arctic cat belt light
arctic cat 650 v2 2003

arctic cat 650 v2 belt light reset

artic c 650 vtwin belt light on spittin spurting

artic cat 650 belt light

how to change the belt on 04 arctic cat 650

howto reset belt light on arctic cat atv

red speedometer how to reset belt light on 650 arctic cat

resetting computer on 2004 arctic cat 650 v2
what cdi for 2004 articat 650 v2
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.