Kawasaki ATV Forum Header   Kawasaki ATV Forum Header Right
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou Kawasaki's strong and reliable utility ATVs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2005, 05:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View MUDMAN RX's Photo Gallery(0)

My Brute is leaking oil around the seal where the rear drive shaft comes out of the engine. I thought I had heard someone else here say they had this problem. I am going riding in WV next week and will not be able to have it fixed until after i get back. I am wondering how common this has been.
MUDMAN RX is offline   Reply With Quote
KawieRiders is the premier Kawasaki ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Old 01-07-2005, 08:16 AM   #2

View MUDMAN RX's Photo Gallery(0)

bump!
MUDMAN RX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 04:51 PM   #3

View tommy33's Photo Gallery(0)

I was the one who posted this in the past. You are the first person other than myself having this leak. All I can say is get it ordered, it took almost 3 weeks to get the new seal in.
tommy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:10 PM   #4

View blackbrut7's Photo Gallery(0)

I have this problem right now, it just started, how does this happen? Is it a hard job to replace?
blackbrut7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:40 PM   #5

View hfdbuck09's Photo Gallery(0)

its the rear main seal its a supposed very common problem, kawi updated this part so when you order/get one get the 2012 seal, its kinda a pain but take the 3 bolts that hold the rear dif in place and just pull it backwards until you can pull the driveshaft out, pull it out, then take a flathead put it on the outside of one side of the seal hit it til it cocks the seal off to one side. then take a pick tool or a fine flathead and go to the opposite side that its sticking up now and try to get behind it to pull it out. pull it out then wipe the dirt and oil from the housing, pop the new one in til its flush, reconnect everything, boom your done.

oh ya make sure you drain the oil first.
hfdbuck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:38 AM   #6

View Evanrude's Photo Gallery(0)

I had to replace mine. It's pretty simple. There's no reason to unbolt the rear diff. All you have to do is compress the drive shaft a little bit and it'll pop right off the output shaft. DO NOT scratch or knick the machined race where the seal goes in the case. If you use those metal car ramps, it makes it pretty easy to get under there.

Mine went out when I got a little too aggressive with the powerwasher. Brute was covered in 2" of cement like mud.

09 Brute Force 750i
RT25 Warn - Aluminum Products Skids - Energy Suspension Bushings - ASR XS Tierods - EHS Racing Lid - Gibson Stabilizer - Rox Risers - ODI Grips - MSD CDI - Muzzy Pro - VFJ S3 w/Spidermod & Springs - Temp Gauge - Kujo Bushings - D2 Overfenders - 26" XTR - SS212 - Pen-Lock - 60" Eagle Plow
Evanrude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:54 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

View rdm531's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote: Originally Posted by Evanrude View Post
I had to replace mine. It's pretty simple. There's no reason to unbolt the rear diff. All you have to do is compress the drive shaft a little bit and it'll pop right off the output shaft. DO NOT scratch or knick the machined race where the seal goes in the case. If you use those metal car ramps, it makes it pretty easy to get under there.

Mine went out when I got a little too aggressive with the powerwasher. Brute was covered in 2" of cement like mud.
i have seen the shafts almost frozen together, an have to really work on getting them to compress, be sure to clean an grease the splines good when you go back togrther. i ride mud an water mostly so i drilled the female splines an installed grease zerks on both front an rear
06 650i,sleeved to 85mm, fst 11.5-1 pistons, fst stage 2 cams,hd value springs,dyna fs ing,full hmf exhaust, hl springs & lift,29.5skinny laws, 1.5in spacers front/2.5 spacers rear, 3000hd warn winch, 2in center snorkels,rad relocated/brush guard&wind screen,aux driving lights,back up light/brush guard,front mounted recever hitch,custom 4 gauge cluster, oil temp, oil press, water temp, an return oil temp,rmax manual 4wd,oil cooler,b/w boston(mud)terrior goes everwhere 4 wheeler gos. ez steer
rdm531 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:19 AM   #8

View Evanrude's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote: Originally Posted by rdm531 View Post
i have seen the shafts almost frozen together, an have to really work on getting them to compress, be sure to clean an grease the splines good when you go back togrther. i ride mud an water mostly so i drilled the female splines an installed grease zerks on both front an rear
Mine must have came apart easy because it only had about 450 miles on it

But yes, definitely grease the splines as you said.

09 Brute Force 750i
RT25 Warn - Aluminum Products Skids - Energy Suspension Bushings - ASR XS Tierods - EHS Racing Lid - Gibson Stabilizer - Rox Risers - ODI Grips - MSD CDI - Muzzy Pro - VFJ S3 w/Spidermod & Springs - Temp Gauge - Kujo Bushings - D2 Overfenders - 26" XTR - SS212 - Pen-Lock - 60" Eagle Plow
Evanrude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:21 AM   #9

View hfdbuck09's Photo Gallery(0)

thats the reason i said unbolt the diff cause mine is frozen up. i might have to use your idea about the zerks, i got them everywhere else mine as well do some there
hfdbuck09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Back to Top    Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Search tags for this page
2009 kawasaki concours 14 leaky drive shaft seal

atv leaking oil

brutr force 750 oil leak at driveshaft
changing kawasaki brute force 750 rear output drive shaft 4x4
kawasaki brute force oil leak around shaft
kawasaki concours driveshaft for sale
kawasaki concours shaft drive seal
kawasaki concourse shaft problem
kawasaki rear prop shaft seal leak
leaking oil from rear drive shaft on kwaski bayou
stop the oil leak on propellor shaft of a bayou
why is my atv leaking oil after i changed my rear driveshaft
you tube bombardier rear shaft oil leak
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.