Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

Valve Clearance

47K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  charlesarthur1987 
#1 ·
What are the symptoms of valves which need adjusting? How often should I be adjusting them?

#2 ·
Hardstarting, lack of throttle response, are 2 common symptoms. I think KAW. recommends every 100hrs., they do on my P-700.

#5 ·
when in doubt; readjust 'em. A burnt valve, from a too tight adjustment will cost many $$$$$ to fix.

#7 ·
300 kwasaki prairie. 2x4

Just got this thing. No power what so ever could some one send me pics of there battery compartment and over by the left rear wheel. Please. I'm trying to see what's missing.
Also. Pull started it, and I got air pressure pushing out of the intake. And fire. Buddy of mine said valves seem stuck. Does that sound right. Anything else it could be.

#10 ·
Just got this thing. No power what so ever could some one send me pics of there battery compartment and over by the left rear wheel. Please. I'm trying to see what's missing.
Also. Pull started it, and I got air pressure pushing out of the intake. And fire. Buddy of mine said valves seem stuck. Does that sound right. Anything else it could be.
Wow, this is a random post!
You need to start a new thread.
What ATV is it? Answer in your new thread.
Sounds like you need a good mechanic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.