Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

BF 750 Choke Problem

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  MudMut 
#1 ·
When I put my choke on and start the bike it fires right up and runs properly. The RPMs are up like they should be. After about 20 to 30 seconds the RPMs start to increase to the point where I have to back the choke level down some because the motor is screaming. Is this just an cable ajustment or something more. Any help is appreciated. Not sure if this has any relation, but this did not start until after I swapped in a Moose Module.

#2 ·
Mudmut,

I am going to take a swing at this one. I understand the moose module advances the timing from idle to say about 1/4 throttle. That should cause your motor to idle faster with the choke on or even with the choke off. I would adjust the idle down to the prescribed rpm per the TM or a more reasonable rpm that you can deal with. I am not sure about the procedure for adjusting the rpm on the BF. This possibly only answers one part of your question. I have seen service manuals post on the forum for a 750, might want to download it for reference on the idle adjustment. I also got a rpm gauge from Northern Tool for around $40.00. Handy item, i have used it for the ATV and propping out my boat motor. Good luck

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply R2R. I think I am goning to pull the Moose Module out and see if the problem continues. I forgot to mention that it only happens about 50% of the time on startup. That is why I am not sure that it is an adjustment issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.