Kawasaki ATV Forum Header   Kawasaki ATV Forum Header Right
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou Kawasaki's strong and reliable utility ATVs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2008, 06:34 AM   #11
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Premium Member

View speedy81304_KVF700's Photo Gallery(0)

mud and heavy dirt kills them. I replace my pads every year. just replaced my rotors with EBC rotors I run EBC pads also. plus I installed stainless steel briaded brake lines two years ago. the feel is so much better then stock and it can handle the larger 30" tires.

if you dont mud that much and wash your machine good. they should last you for some time. I get about 1000 miles out of a set of pads buts thats from stopping more wt. and because I go throw mud and ride on very dusty roads and heavy loose dirt.
Amsoil 0w-40 engine oil / Frnt Diff
Amsoil 5w-30 rear diff (hydraulic/transmission oil)
Water Wetter mixed 25% coolant 75% water
Twin air ProFlow filter, Dyno Jet needles
Muzzy Full System,
Denso Iridium plugs #IU22. "Freebie" Moose Module & 6deg key installed
EPI Primary and secondary springs. VFJ stage 3 spider mod, machined secondary.
Full set EPI black springs with custom front preload spacers.
SOON VFJ crossover INTAKES AND VFJ dyno tuning
speedy81304_KVF700 is offline   Reply With Quote
KawieRiders is the premier Kawasaki ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Old 05-29-2008, 03:52 PM   #12

View polecat's Photo Gallery(0)

Whats with NOT using the front brakes? They're 85% of your braking power. Must be riding awful slow.....LOL

I got 2 years and 2500 KM on my original stock pads, they're now down to about 50%. I ride in extremely silty Fraser River water and mud most of the time, but I wash it every time, making sure to give the rotors and calipers a good bath.

I think the manufacturers just buy shiteloads of parts like these...from whomever at the lowest price. And from year to year, model to model, who knows....some might be made in China or Taiwan.

Had a brand new '06 Grizzly that ate the front pads in one month, rear wasn't far behind, riding in the same conditions. Go figger....

I just got new pads for my BF 750 off ebay, cheap, don't need 'em yet but I'll let ya know how they work out.

Brake pads are a normal wear item, as I found out with the Grizz....but a caliper problem is another story. Don't back down, if your dealer won't make you happy, find another dealer.

If your're low on brake fluid and can't find a leak, for starters just replace the pads....the caliper piston is likely overly extended on the right side because there's no pad left. And if left that way you WILL have a caliper problem.
Elkas, Penlock
polecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 05:17 PM   #13

View jmw132001's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote:
Whats with NOT using the front brakes? They're 85% of your braking power. Must be riding awful slow.....LOL

I got 2 years and 2500 KM on my original stock pads, they're now down to about 50%. I ride in extremely silty Fraser River water and mud most of the time, but I wash it every time, making sure to give the rotors and calipers a good bath.

I think the manufacturers just buy shiteloads of parts like these...from whomever at the lowest price. And from year to year, model to model, who knows....some might be made in China or Taiwan.

Had a brand new '06 Grizzly that ate the front pads in one month, rear wasn't far behind, riding in the same conditions. Go figger....

I just got new pads for my BF 750 off ebay, cheap, don't need 'em yet but I'll let ya know how they work out.

Brake pads are a normal wear item, as I found out with the Grizz....but a caliper problem is another story. Don't back down, if your dealer won't make you happy, find another dealer.

If your're low on brake fluid and can't find a leak, for starters just replace the pads....the caliper piston is likely overly extended on the right side because there's no pad left. And if left that way you WILL have a caliper problem.
[/b]
lol, where i am i have mostly woods so the engine brake is all i need in the woods along with rear brake. when i went to use the front brakes they done so good it almost threw me off the front, so i figured i would save those for the flat rides, but guess not..LOL..i will give the brake pads a shot and see what happens. hopefully, a new set will fix it.

2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 (straight axle)

jmw132001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Back to Top    Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Search tags for this page
brake pad change on kawi prairie 700

brakes sticking on 650 kawasaki prairie

brute force brakes on a prairie

front brake pads and rotors for kawaski brute 650

how to adjust front brakes on 2008 kawasaki bayou
how to change front brakes on a kawasaki brute force
how to change kawasaki prairie 650 front brake pads

how to change the front brakes on a 2002 kawasaki prarie

how to replace front brake line on 650 brute force

how to replace front brake pads on a kawasaki bayou

kawasaki 650 prairie brakes sticking

kawasaki prairie 360 front brake sticking
replacing front brake pads on 2005 kawasaki brute force 650
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.