Kawasaki ATV Forum Header   Kawasaki ATV Forum Header Right
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou Kawasaki's strong and reliable utility ATVs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2008, 04:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View teamgreenbrute's Photo Gallery(0)

I've got my quad tore down and was gonna change the coolant and put an oil cooler on and wonder what would be a better coolant. I race and play around during the winter so I want something thing that would keep it cool and hold up during the winter. Would it be better to run a totally different coolant or just put an additive in it? And is there any special way to flush the old coolant out?

Thanks for your help
2007 Team Green Brute Force 650, Team Green Powdercoated Frame, 12 1" Holes, Twin Air Filter, Maxxis AllTraks Mounted on OMF Beadlocks, Custom Heavy Duty Front Bumper, Custom Front Brace,Custom Rear Grab Bar, Racks Removed, Power Madd Handguards, Pro Armor Tether Switch, Oury Grips, Moose Racing Brake Levers, HMF Penland Pro Exhaust, KEBC forks removed, manual fan switch, Progressive Front Springs

2009 Sponsors: Twin Air, Motoxsupport, Engine Ice, Amsoil, ASV

"Pin It to Win It"
teamgreenbrute is offline   Reply With Quote
KawieRiders is the premier Kawasaki ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Old 09-12-2008, 06:32 PM   #2

View Pkspawn's Photo Gallery(0)

Prestone 50/50 premixed, Works great, and fairly cheap. Work all year round.

I used the shop vac and sucked out all the old coolant from the motor.

Don't buy too much into the more expensive stuff. I would only consider them for racing when you don't want to stop and are willing to risk your motor for the finish. They normally just have much higher boiling points. so they stay in the motor instead of boiling over and spitting out. but at the cost per gallon, stick with the prestone.

I have 3 gallons of Evans sitting on my shelf that I've never used because of fear that it would hide problems that I had..

PK, Inc - Stealing others Ideas since 1999!!</span>

Building the Ultimate Trail Machine: FST 715 BBK, Stage 2.5 cams, Twinair power Flo with 15 holes in airbox. Herrmann Racing A-arms and Anti-Vibe Steering Stem, Fluidyne Radiator, Hiper Wheels with Maxxis Razr2 tires. Fasst Flex Bars, Cycra Pro-Bend Handguards, Hardkor Front Hubs. Honda rear Hubs. AC Racing Wide Grab Bar, IMS Pegs, Heel Guard and Nerfs, Gas Tank. FST CDI, Elka Elite Front & Rear Shocks, 3/4 PRM Skids, THANK YOU FST - Maier Black Plastics , Muzy out - Muzzy Pro in.

On the way: Ultimate Trail and Race Carb Setup
Wishlist: Precision Stabilizer
<span style="color:#000000">Keeping it stupid:
25HP shot of NOS

'08 KFX 700 - The one above looks like a pretzel.
Pkspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:07 PM   #3
Super Moderator
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Premium Member

View Mikeyboy_esq's Photo Gallery(13)

I recently started using Evans b/c after I installed my 800cc BBK I started having a problem with regular coolant disappearing (boiling off I think). Since I added the Evans coolant, the problem is gone... so I'll stick to Evans. To use evans, you have to COMPLETELY DRAIN ALL REGULAR COOLANT before you install it. Evan's is waterless, so it don't mix with regular coolant or water. Evan's sells some stuff to flush your motor, but I skipped on buying it...instead, I removed all hoses and left them open to dry for about 4 days or so.

On a side note, I have raced my Prairies/Twin Peaks in dozens of XC races and some drag races too (before and after my 800 motor) and my motor has never overheated (except once when I sprung a leak in my old P650's radiator and lost all of my coolant during the Maxxis 6 hour race). Keep in mind that I have had an oil cooler (Mike Walker's) installed on my motor for a few years now (before I installed the 800 BBK). When I used regular coolant, I always had some purple ice additive (it is the same stuff as water wetter). So I don't think Evans is necessary for most motors...unless you have an 800cc BBK and you start having disappearing coolant issues like mine did.

Happy trails...
2002 Prairie 650 (parted out)

Happy trails...
Mikeyboy_esq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:23 PM   #4

View branson's Photo Gallery(0)

A Kawi tech advised do not use automotive antifreeze so I use Honda coolant with a little Redline additive.
branson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 06:18 AM   #5
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Premium Member

View vtprairie03's Photo Gallery(0)

evans coolant here.. ever since i put the bbk in .. and ive never had a problem...
BILLET SHIFTER
FLEXX BARS
ROX RISERS
ACEWELL TACH
DYNA CDI
ELKA SUSPENSION
INTERCOOLER SYSTEM

2007 kfx 90
120cc powroll bbk
cam'd
two brothers full exhaust
ac racing nerfs
rath racing front and rear bumper
jb racing +2 a arms

previous motors..

fst 765-stage 3 cams-full porting-lte duals
amr 800-ported big valve heads-x3 cams- lte duals..
vtprairie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 02:17 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 21 reviews

View 05-BF-750's Photo Gallery(4)

Why do Kawasaki tech's advised do not use automotive antifreeze? My local dealer has told me the same thing.
2005 FPS 700= FPS BBK, CWR 418 cams, VFJ clutch, Quadboss full skids, TwinAir,12 hole mod, 42 pj, LTE duals, Spark plug mod, ASR Brake Lines, Crossover intake, Razr 2's on Hiper Tech 3, Orange Power Mad Handguards, TrailTech bars, mount , Vector, Carbon Fiber hood, H.E.P Taillight, AC front bumper, AC nerf bars, fan switch
2007 Brute Force 665= VFJ clutch, 82mm pistons, CWR 418 cams, Custom BKuzzy exhaust, K&N filter, UPP intake, Electric fuel pump, Fan switch, 42 pilots
05-BF-750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 02:22 PM   #7
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Premium Member

View asnowmobiler's Photo Gallery(20)

Quote:
Prestone 50/50 premixed, Works great, and fairly cheap. Work all year round.

I used the shop vac and sucked out all the old coolant from the motor.

Don't buy too much into the more expensive stuff. I would only consider them for racing when you don't want to stop and are willing to risk your motor for the finish. They normally just have much higher boiling points. so they stay in the motor instead of boiling over and spitting out. but at the cost per gallon, stick with the prestone.

I have 3 gallons of Evans sitting on my shelf that I've never used because of fear that it would hide problems that I had.. [/b]
Do you want to sell your Evens coolant?

Team Green 04 V-Prairie, Ported AMR 730,XX cams,Digatron gauges,VFJ custom clutch with EBC bearing removed,V-force gears,AMR ported intakes,programmable Dyna,30 shot of Boon,Brute Force Flywheel,stock carbs,stock exhaust,Flexx bars,Rox Risers,ODI grips,Tusk Dozer plow,ECT.
AMR 330 347 6800
2013 BMW K1600GT
asnowmobiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 08:43 PM   #8

View teamgreenbrute's Photo Gallery(0)

Has anybody ever used Engine Ice? I seen it on rockymountainatv's website and didnt know how well it worked, if not im just gonna use prestone 50/50 and add some water wetter to it.

Thanks for your help
2007 Team Green Brute Force 650, Team Green Powdercoated Frame, 12 1" Holes, Twin Air Filter, Maxxis AllTraks Mounted on OMF Beadlocks, Custom Heavy Duty Front Bumper, Custom Front Brace,Custom Rear Grab Bar, Racks Removed, Power Madd Handguards, Pro Armor Tether Switch, Oury Grips, Moose Racing Brake Levers, HMF Penland Pro Exhaust, KEBC forks removed, manual fan switch, Progressive Front Springs

2009 Sponsors: Twin Air, Motoxsupport, Engine Ice, Amsoil, ASV

"Pin It to Win It"
teamgreenbrute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:02 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

View NovaKaw650's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote:
Why do Kawasaki tech's advised do not use automotive antifreeze? My local dealer has told me the same thing.
[/b]
I would like to know that too.
Mild porting
Crossover intakes
Modded airbox
Full Muzzy
Dalton weights
VFJ Springs
Other stuff

2011 Stratos 186XT Bass Boat
Mercury Optimax 115hp
Minn Kota 70lb 24v trolling motor
Lowrance Electronics
NovaKaw650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 06:17 AM   #10
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Premium Member

View vtprairie03's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote:
Has anybody ever used Engine Ice? I seen it on rockymountainatv's website and didnt know how well it worked, if not im just gonna use prestone 50/50 and add some water wetter to it.

Thanks for your help
[/b]

tsprairie700 uses it in his bbk..... if your running a stock machine it would be a good choice... if you have money invested in your motor like some do on here.. i believe the evans coolant is a better choice.. the boiling point is well over 400degrees so incase something was to ever happen to your internals to cause it to heat up over normal running temps the evans is going to prevent it from boiling out... yeah its expensive but id rather be safe then sorry.....
BILLET SHIFTER
FLEXX BARS
ROX RISERS
ACEWELL TACH
DYNA CDI
ELKA SUSPENSION
INTERCOOLER SYSTEM

2007 kfx 90
120cc powroll bbk
cam'd
two brothers full exhaust
ac racing nerfs
rath racing front and rear bumper
jb racing +2 a arms

previous motors..

fst 765-stage 3 cams-full porting-lte duals
amr 800-ported big valve heads-x3 cams- lte duals..
vtprairie03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Back to Top    Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Search tags for this page
adding coolant to kawasaki mule
antifreeze change on teryx

can i use car antifreeze in my atv

can i use regular antifreeze in my atv

can you put car coolant in your teryx

how do you put engine coolant into a kawasaki teryx

how to change coolant in 08 teryx 750

how to put antifreeze in 08 teryx

how to put antifreeze in a 2008 teryx

how to replace coolant in teryx

is it ok to put 50/50 coolant in my kawasaki mojave

what antifreeze is used in a teryx4

what type of antifreeze should i use for a kawasaki 650 4x4 atv 2002
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.