Kawasaki ATV Forum Header   Kawasaki ATV Forum Header Right
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou Kawasaki's strong and reliable utility ATVs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2010, 06:36 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View ALDO's Photo Gallery(0)

I dont't know if with the kw 700 is the same but in the 360 there are some spacers in the secondary, that will tight the belt, because the belt loosen a bit when in use, you have to check the deflection, try to see the service manual. I think there are the same thing.
ALDO is offline   Reply With Quote
KawieRiders is the premier Kawasaki ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Old 11-06-2010, 07:16 AM   #22

View don-don's Photo Gallery(0)

I think the only problem I have is the belt light comming on, which started when I was practiceing wheelies.( I printed off what to do next time that happens ) I have heard Polaris is a belt eater and must go in low for slow speeds, but I now understand its easier on the bike to be in low at slower speeds, I will keep that in mind, thanks.
don-don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 04:47 PM   #23

View WOLVERINE's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote: Originally Posted by don-don View Post
Regarding low under 25 mph, Im always in high, except if I tow, or i am putting a real load on the drive, deep mud, or plowing. Ive never really lacked for power, I just thought thats what its for. Now you have me wondering, should I be in low more often?

Yup, under 25 Mph is crap! I use both ours in High most of the time and only use low if I'm hauling or slow technical stuff, like bog, mud or climbing at slow speed.
Today for the 1st time I dived into the clutches as it was suttering on hard take off or strain but just for a second. I checked the deflection and it was 28mm. I have it on the tight side now as there was only 1 shim in the secondary (1mm) and with it out the deflection is now 19 which is tight but at least it's better for now until I get some shims next week. Need a 0.6mm shim to get it close to 22mm. It squeeks only in gear but doesn't move at idle so it's not bad. Better tight then too loose.
I have 900kms on the stock belt and it's down to 27mm wide at the top so the belts do last so the mileage the OP is getting means something is wrong and his dealer is filling him full of Crap!
WOLVERINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:14 PM   #24

View linehaul's Photo Gallery(0)

ok the reason i bought a brute is my buddy has a 05 650sra w\27"horns
i have never seen him use low on any hills he has beat the livin snot!!
outa this thing ,1800 miles belt light been on for 2 yeas and it still goes anywhere he points it . but what i wanna know is clay85 still having problems after 18mo or did he get fixed
linehaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:14 AM   #25
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

View NovaKaw650's Photo Gallery(0)

If I know a rough section is going to last more than a couple of minutes, then I will use low range.
The guys the run big tires and mud all the time can run high range if they want, but those of us that have been around for a while have seen what that can do to a clutch over time.
Mild porting
Crossover intakes
Modded airbox
Full Muzzy
Dalton weights
VFJ Springs
Other weird stuff

2011 Stratos 186XT Bass Boat
Mercury Optimax 115hp
Minn Kota 70lb 24v trolling motor
Lowrance Electronics
NovaKaw650 is offline   Reply With Quote

Back to Top    Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Search tags for this page
2002 550 kawasaki mule belt how to change belt
2009 yamaha 550 grizzley loud growling noise in clutch area
how to change drive belt on kawasaki mule

how to tighten the belt on a kawasaki mule 610

how u adjust clutch on 610 mule

i replaced the drive belt on my kawasaki mule but it still making a weird noise down there

kawasaki 610 mule belt slip in water
kawasaki 610 mule drive belt replacement
kawasaki mule 610 complaints
kawasaki mule drive belt problems
new belt slipping on my 6wheeler amphibios
what causes kawasaki mule drive belt yo break.
what happens when you put belt on wrong on kawasaki mule
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.