Kawasaki ATV Forum Header   Kawasaki ATV Forum Header Right
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou Kawasaki's strong and reliable utility ATVs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 05:27 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View PRAIRIEDOG700's Photo Gallery(0)
Default Backfire after full trottle/p700 "05"

One more Issue on a 05 p700 has 140 HRS starts up no problem( with no choke ) but when cold for the first min or 2 if i gas the trottle just a small bit I hear it pop thru the carb a bit once its run for 4 min ( and warmed up )will never happen again but from a stop if I nail the trottle full WOT for like 8 sec to 45 MPH then fully lift on the trottle I will sometimes get a backfire on get off the trottle is that the valves need to be adjusted they never have been thank you for your imput have a great day ANT.
PRAIRIEDOG700 is offline   Reply With Quote
KawieRiders is the premier Kawasaki ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Old 11-05-2009, 08:22 AM   #2

View greasemonkey's Photo Gallery(0)

The poping when cold is a lean condition.Go up a size on your pilot jets.The backfire when you let off of the throttle is caused by two things .One is if the main jet is too rich it throws raw gas out the exhaust when you shut the throttle down.This gas will ignite in the pipe from the hot exhaust.If your carbs are stock then I doubt that is it .The second cause is if there is an air leak in the exhaust by the head.This could be a leaking gasket or a cracked pipe.This will let in fresh air into the exhaust stream that will ignite the unburnt fuel that is normally there on decell.
o2 prairie 650 supertrapp idsx,dynojet jet kit,Diamond G module & air box snorkle,HL clutch kit,Moose front and rear bumpers(rear mounted upside down, front mounting tabs welded onto frame lower than headlights), 2 inch lift with 28 inch itp 589's,front 2500 lb. winch and rear 2000 lb. winch,60 inch cycle country plow with electric lift and angle.
1964 Chevy Malibu conv. 355 cu.in. 4 sp. two stages of nitrous 850 hp at crank 10.20@142mph.
1970 Chevy Nova 396 auto tubbed and caged.
2000 Ford F350 4x4 7.3 diesel 538 hp 925 lb. torque at crank
1994 HD Dyna wideglide 96 in. S&S custom wheels and paint
1972HD FLH 1200 port and polished heads,sifton cam, aries piston,lightened flywheels,5 sp. in a 4 sp. case trans
1994 prostreet HD sportster 1200 105 hp. 180 rear tire ,midglide front end ,custom wheels,removeable wheelie bar.
Special construction 96 cu in rigid, 10 in over springer,250 rear tire,5 sp w/kick and electric start,3 in. open primary,foot clutch hand shift.
08 Skidoo 800 Renagade XP
02 Skidoo 800 Summit
He who dies with the most toys dies with an empty wallet(and usually single)
greasemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:42 PM   #3

View PRAIRIEDOG700's Photo Gallery(0)

OK ( it's all stock so... ) the first thing at idol and cold being lean I will just start with choke on and JUST let the bike warm up 2 or 3 minutes before I gas it the second thing when you started talking about a cracked pipe I guess your talking about by the engine head where the EXHAUST pipe connects right? come to think of it A freind screwed up and did not stop in time and slamed me from behind doing about 10 MPG or so so I wonder if it pushed the pipe so much that it cracked something up there I know the pipe took a shot because because it dented the very very end of the muffler part of the pipe...... I dont know weird I dont think that would do it .........do you ANT
PRAIRIEDOG700 is offline   Reply With Quote

Back to Top    Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Search tags for this page

08 brute force 650 backfires when letting off throttle

2008 ranger 700 efi backfires

650 kawasaki atv backfiring into exhaust when letting of gas

700 polaris ranger popped and died what caused it

bayou 220 shuts down and backfires after full throttle

brute force dies after hard throttle

kawasaki bayou 220 pops and stalls when let off of gas
kawasaki praire 700 popping out the exhaust when letting off throttle

prairie 700 back fires

what cause a polaris700 to backfire

what causes a arctic cat prowler to back fire and stall out
what causes an atv to backfire

what causes polaris ranger to backfire

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.