Kawasaki ATV Forum Header   Kawasaki ATV Forum Header Right
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou Kawasaki's strong and reliable utility ATVs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 10:50 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View beaman's Photo Gallery(0)
Post fuel filter/backfire problem

newbie to the site,love it so far..question..where is the stock fuel filter/shouldnt it have a inline filter also..oh ya ive got a 2002 650 prarie 4x4 that might help..ive recently picked up a backfire problem..so now im learning to work on it..joy any advice will help..
beaman is offline   Reply With Quote
KawieRiders is the premier Kawasaki ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Old 11-22-2009, 07:48 AM   #2

View novass's Photo Gallery(0)

i put a in line filter on my 02 praire pull your spark plugs see if they are black my o2 sat for a while had bad gas i went thu the carbs cleaned everything i also adjusted the valves the problem was my choke plungers were sticking which made me real rich my bike kept popping thru carb check your spark plugs that will show you which carb is bad i also put seafoam in gastank my o5 brute did the same thing when i let it sit without fuel stabilizer in it hope this helps ya
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:36 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

View Hunterworks's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote: Originally Posted by beaman View Post
newbie to the site,love it so far..question..where is the stock fuel filter/shouldnt it have a inline filter also..oh ya ive got a 2002 650 prarie 4x4 that might help..ive recently picked up a backfire problem..so now im learning to work on it..joy any advice will help..
Year and model?
Hunterworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:44 AM   #4

thanks novass..did helpme out,and reassurred what ive done so far.1st drained bowls on carbs,put seafoam in tank..then while looking i noticed boot wasnt connected to front carb on bottom.fixed that..still popping..took carb off boots and took all jets and throttle stop out and cleaned with deep creep..got back together runs alot better but sti;; has small pop..havent changed plugs again yet.but will today..didnt take carbs off because i wasnt sure about choke cable ..is it tricky..again thanks
Old 11-23-2009, 06:20 PM   #5

View bigdaddybf's Photo Gallery(0)

are you sure the carb boot didn't have a tear under the strap- had that with my 06' 750- you might need to adjust your air/fuel screw, check your plug wires to make sure those aren't split either. did you check/change your oil? go through water before the problem started? where in Ohio are you
bigdaddybf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:07 AM   #6

Arrow getting better

not 4 sure but will check next time carbs r off..might spray to see if it leaking..no..when whoever had them off last,put them back on ,they had the clamp part located where the carbs wouldnt/couldnt come down far enough.or maybe it just vibrated out /who no's..im in preble county/sw ohio..u..also oil level is fine //needs changed baad..just got filter.havent had it in any water/mostly utility use..actually i bought it with this popping..guy told me he had it looked at and they told him it was plugs..he had plugs but just (said) he hadnt had the time to change im..poppin got worse..i changed the plugs..still popping/the got worse/then lost power..i think im on the right track with carb

thanks 4 info..
Old 11-25-2009, 04:28 PM   #7

View novass's Photo Gallery(0)

on the choke plungers take them out clean them real goodyou can strech the springs some on the plungers i did that to my 05 brute a year ago and they are still good. i orderd new choke cables for my 650 praire when i had it they were a different part number i think they were a little bit longer.check with your dealer.i sold my 02 a couple of tears ago its still fine
novass is offline   Reply With Quote

Back to Top    Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Search tags for this page
07 kawasaki prairie 360 fuel filter
2005 kawasaki prairie 360 fuel filter

brute force fuel filter

brute force fuel filter location
does the kawasaski brute force 650 have a fuel filter
fuel system on a 750 kaw. brute
kawasaki brute force 650 fuel filter
kawasaki brute force 750 fuel filter
kawasaki brute force 750 fuel filter location
kawasaki prairie 360 fuel filter location
kawasaki prairie 650 fuel filter location
where is the fuel filter on a 2003 kawasaki prarie 650 atv located
where is the fuel filter on a 2007 kawasaki brute force 750
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.