Kawasaki ATV Forum Header   Kawasaki ATV Forum Header Right
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou Kawasaki's strong and reliable utility ATVs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 05:48 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View camobruteforce75009's Photo Gallery(0)
Default Anyone running stage 1 elka shocks on their Brute?

I'll have to change these stiff ass stock shocks someday.
Anyone that has any experiance riding these stage 1 elka shocks i'd like to know how big a difference it is besides the stocks in terms of stiffness.
Camo Brute Force 750 2009. 26" Mud Lite XTR's. Warn 2500 Winch. Uni air filter. Y's on the front racks. Muzzy Pro on order. Skid plates+A-arm guards on order(Got Lazy). A/F Ratio kit on order. Fundy kit hopefully put the order back on end of the month. MSD fuel/ignition on order.
Whole bunch of other things in the works
camobruteforce75009 is offline   Reply With Quote
KawieRiders is the premier Kawasaki ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Old 03-18-2010, 07:43 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

View cmelendy's Photo Gallery(0)

I dont have elkas, but I have works shocks. Night and day.. absolutely one of the best mods I have done. But I trail ride... if you mud ride dont know if you will appreciate them as much as I do
2006 Red Brute Force 750, FST Trail kit, STG III cams, Full Muzzy, Dynatek CDI, Works G series Shocks, Venom 2000lb winch, Duro Powergrips w/ITP 108ss rims, Oil Cooler, Engine Ice, HDPE skids from Chuck, some homemade clutch snorkels, EHS lid, K&N filter, ODI handgrips.
cmelendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:25 AM   #3

View camobruteforce75009's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote: Originally Posted by cmelendy View Post
I dont have elkas, but I have works shocks. Night and day.. absolutely one of the best mods I have done. But I trail ride... if you mud ride dont know if you will appreciate them as much as I do
By trail riding do u mean bumpy trails? I'm a hunter soo i'd like to have a little more of a comfy ride. And if so how much did it cost you for the whole set? And do u have a link?
Camo Brute Force 750 2009. 26" Mud Lite XTR's. Warn 2500 Winch. Uni air filter. Y's on the front racks. Muzzy Pro on order. Skid plates+A-arm guards on order(Got Lazy). A/F Ratio kit on order. Fundy kit hopefully put the order back on end of the month. MSD fuel/ignition on order.
Whole bunch of other things in the works
camobruteforce75009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:55 AM   #4

View grizzkiller's Photo Gallery(0)

check out this post from nyroc. this guy went with the Works shocks as well.

Nyroc's ATV info website

also here is the ebay store where they sell them for a decent price. i think you are looking at $700 for the whole setup, where as elka may run $1200 or so, give or take.

eBay Store - Works Performance Products: Shock Pairs Front or Rear, Shock Units Front or Rear

and here a link to their website for more info if you are interested. i've looked into these as mine are 05 shocks with 2000 miles and they are shot, stiff and no rebound. just waiting for the economy to turn so i can start making money again.

Works Performanace Products

My pics
grizzkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:54 PM   #5
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Premium Member

View bfb650b2's Photo Gallery(0)

I've had both brands now on my BF750's and the higher rated extra cost ELKA's really shine. Mine have preload adjusters, rebound and compression and the best part is you do Not have to buy new. If you look on these Forums you will find either brand 4 sale as used units. My ELKa's cost me $1000, are in perfect condition and only had 750 miles on them. I saw just the other day right here on KR a full set of the WORKs brand new for $1200 obo and they are the top of the line WORKs.
The ride, control and handling can be felt on the 1st ride with the aftermarket shocks, you won't be sorry.
~WARN Front Bumper #88697~Ramsey 2500 Lb Winch~RICOCHET Belly/Floorboard Skid Plates~Teryx LED HeadLights~D2 OverFenders~Kimpex Rear Trunk~Shorai Battery~TrailTech Voyager GPS.
Not finished yet
bfb650b2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:40 PM   #6

View Tennessee's Photo Gallery(0)

I have the Elka's but think they are the middle line ones. Rebound compression and preload. I got them off here as previously stated, used and love them. When I ride with groups I set them soft and enjoy the ride. A few clicks and they are ready for whatever I can give them. Cant comment on experience on any of the others. If you dont want to spend the cash for the Elka's I would think any would be better than the stockers. GL
Moose Skids, Heated Grips
Precision Stabilizer
50watt HID's
2500 Warn
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:48 AM   #7

View bustamove's Photo Gallery(0)

i remember talking to a guy that rides in our group that has a very modified quad, he said yes after-market shocks are the most over looked investment, but he said you should go with an external reservoir. his argument was that it keeps the fluid cooler. plus it gives the fluid somewhere to go when compressed.
bustamove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:28 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

View cmelendy's Photo Gallery(0)

I have one of the middle of the road works... they are the ones with the red and black springs. dual rate... cant remember the name. They were 1100... great investment and they are rebuildable. If you buy shocks, dont buy them used because they wont be set up for you and your bike. They come from the factory set to your weight. You can sent them back to the factory to be rebuilt also and save some money. FYI... good luck
2006 Red Brute Force 750, FST Trail kit, STG III cams, Full Muzzy, Dynatek CDI, Works G series Shocks, Venom 2000lb winch, Duro Powergrips w/ITP 108ss rims, Oil Cooler, Engine Ice, HDPE skids from Chuck, some homemade clutch snorkels, EHS lid, K&N filter, ODI handgrips.
cmelendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:28 PM   #9
Premium Member

Premium Member

View bfb650b2's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote: Originally Posted by cmelendy View Post
I have one of the middle of the road works... they are the ones with the red and black springs. dual rate... cant remember the name. They were 1100... great investment and they are rebuildable. If you buy shocks, dont buy them used because they wont be set up for you and your bike. They come from the factory set to your weight. You can sent them back to the factory to be rebuilt also and save some money. FYI... good luck
Your shocks are the WORKs G-Series.

If you buy used, you 1st check to see how they are set-up, if they fall into the area that you are needing, then buy them and save a bundle in cash.

Used unit's don't last long once listed up 4sale, so I'm not the only one who buys aftermarket shocks used. Plus, by buying used, most of the time you can get the higher rated aftermarket shock Vs the basic units for the same price.
My ELKAs are the middle units and also have the piggyback res'es.
~WARN Front Bumper #88697~Ramsey 2500 Lb Winch~RICOCHET Belly/Floorboard Skid Plates~Teryx LED HeadLights~D2 OverFenders~Kimpex Rear Trunk~Shorai Battery~TrailTech Voyager GPS.
Not finished yet

Last edited by bfb650b2; 03-19-2010 at 10:32 PM.
bfb650b2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:38 AM   #10
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

View Chuck750's Photo Gallery(0)

I ended up with the stage 1 E36-R series (?) all the way around and they haven't let me down or have I ever been able to tell if the fluid gets overheated and I ride FAST sometimes bumpy trails and a jump here and there... Everyone knows the Brute stock shocks absolutely suck - or if you think they don't, try a set of these or a Brute setup with some aftermarkets and you'll see right away---it's not the same machine. Don't forget about the stearing stabilizer while yer at it too--my 2 centzz
3K Viper winch
MIMB Snorks
FULL custom indestructable HDPE Skids, A-arm & Floorboard guards - PM if interested in a set! Better than ebay pricing!

11 Outlander Xxc, Muzzy slip on, EJK, Twin Air, D2's, Elka Stage 3's, 26" DC's on SS212's

Wifes 07 King Quad 700, Elkas, VDI, Uni, 26" Grim Reapers, 212's`s, Coop mods, EPI Yellow, 17g weights, 60" Moose plow, Powermadds

Last edited by Chuck750; 01-29-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Chuck750 is offline   Reply With Quote

Back to Top    Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Search tags for this page
2010 brute force 750 shock
brute force 750 shocks
brute force elka shocks
brute force elka stage 1
elka shocks brute force

elka shocks review

elka stage 1 brute force

elka stage 1 review

elka stage 1 reviews
elka stage 1 shock review

elka stage 1 shocks reviews

elka stage 1 vs stage 3
elka stage 3 review
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.