Kawasaki ATV Forum Header   Kawasaki ATV Forum Header Right
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou Kawasaki's strong and reliable utility ATVs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 04:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View hoyt351w's Photo Gallery(0)
Default water in motor

i just bought an 06 650 brute force this week and had it on the may mud run and it worked great. after playing in the mud all day the rad was packed full and i never noticed the heat light on the dash flashing untill i was almost home. so we stopped at a lake and were going to wash some of the mud out of the rad but i found a deep spot and the bike got a drink of water. it quit immediatly and we pulled it back. i just took it aprt today to drain the oil, belt case, and blow the water out of the cylinders. i checked the compression and it was about 75 to 80 psi in both cylinders. i was just wondering what the best way continue is. i've never drowned a bike before so i'm new with this. is there any special about the brute forces that i should know before i try to start it back up

thanks
hoyt351w is offline   Reply With Quote
KawieRiders is the premier Kawasaki ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Old 05-23-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

View Hunterworks's Photo Gallery(0)

Compression is going to be low because of the decompression mechanisms, in a 750 45 to 60 is acceptable
Hunterworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:03 PM   #3

View blue brute's Photo Gallery(2)

keep an eye on your oil it might be milky for a while depending on how much it drank, so buy a bunch of cheap oil and keep flushing the motor untill it looks normal again
08 brute 650i HMF slip/jet kit,Moose mod,K&N,Outerwears pre filter,EPI marron primary and almond second,27" ITP mud light XTR, temp gauge, 4000lb Viper Max winch, Loud Vision head light eye brows, Highlifter pen lock,1.5" wheel spacers, Kujo control arm bushings
blue brute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:32 PM   #4

View Gussy's Photo Gallery(0)
Thumbs up

Drain the oil at least 4 times with transmission fluid(oil) and a cheap grade engine oil mixture while starting it for 15 secs between changes. 5th time change oil filter at same time and then use your regular 5-30w synthetic. Take plugs out and squirt transmission fluid down them and crank at same time.( oil Transmission oil acts like a detergent, helps clean). The bike will still smoke for approx a couple of mile then clear up.
Gussy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:24 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

View NovaKaw650's Photo Gallery(0)

Do a search; this has been covered many, many times and there are several good methods to remove the water. Also keep in mind that if the water was dirty, then the carbs are full of dirt and will need to be removed, disassembled and cleaned.
Mild porting
Crossover intakes
Modded airbox
Full Muzzy
Dalton weights
VFJ Springs
Other weird stuff

2011 Stratos 186XT Bass Boat
Mercury Optimax 115hp
Minn Kota 70lb 24v trolling motor
Lowrance Electronics
NovaKaw650 is online now   Reply With Quote

Back to Top    Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Search tags for this page

brute engine quit with water

brute force water in motor

engine oil milky flush filter bayou

transmission fluid brute force 650i

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.