Kawasaki ATV Forum Header   Kawasaki ATV Forum Header Right
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou Kawasaki's strong and reliable utility ATVs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 08:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View Smokey's Photo Gallery(0)
Default Warn 4 Post Contactor Repair

Went to install my el-cheapo champion winch today, previous owner left all warn wiring so it was a simple install. Went to test the winch and only one side of the rocker switch worked.

I took apart the contactor and was able to repair it, figured i'd post in case it can help somebody else.

Removed and disassembled the contactor, after splitting it the top half looked fine, nice and clean, no abnormal wear/dirt. To get the bottom half apart, i removed the 3 small phillips screws and then had to cut the zip tie holding in wires coming into the case, giving them slack so i could pull it through. After pulling the plate and small circuit board out i immediatley found the issue. There are 2 wires coming in from the rocker switch, connected to the coils via a small circuit board with 4 small white wires going into the coil directly. One of those white wires had broken off at the board. Luckily there was enough wire left to just resolder and re-assemble, tested it out and it works perfect. Sorry for the lack of pics, I was too lazy to get my camera.
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
KawieRiders is the premier Kawasaki ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Old 05-23-2010, 08:38 PM   #2

View camobruteforce75009's Photo Gallery(0)

Good to know. I had a problem with my winch last month and it would only work going out of the winch. took of my +/- wires going to the contactor and hooked my winch directly to a battery and it took all the wires back in. from that i knew it was from the contactor and reassmbled everything and was going to put in the other contactor i have the next day. after finding out the problem i tried my rocker switch again and it was working just as good as before.
Camo Brute Force 750 2009. 26" Mud Lite XTR's. Warn 2500 Winch. Uni air filter. Y's on the front racks. Muzzy Pro on order. Skid plates+A-arm guards on order(Got Lazy). A/F Ratio kit on order. Fundy kit hopefully put the order back on end of the month. MSD fuel/ignition on order.
Whole bunch of other things in the works
camobruteforce75009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:00 AM   #3

View Kawasakidirvinghick's Photo Gallery(0)

mine works both ways most of the time sometimes it wont roll back up if i tap the contactor it will work or if i let it unroll for a while it will roll back up

Back to Top    Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Search tags for this page

4 post solenoid diagram

atv winch contactor solenoid
how to test a warn winch solenoid
how to wire 4 post winch selonoid
polaris winch not working
warn 4 post solenoid
warn 62135 solenoid wiring

warn 62135 wiring diagram

warn atv winch solenoid testing

warn winch contactor 62135

warn winch contactor wiring diagram

warn winch solenoid 4 post
winch contactor schematic
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.