Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

Praire 360 4x4 help

29K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  BMCD 
#1 ·
I bought my wife an 07 Praire 360 last year and I have no manual for it. My wife drowned it yesterday while riding, and I have already changed the oil several times, to make sure the water is out. Need to change the front and rear diff fluid as it looks milky. I have plenty of Royal Purple Gear case oil 75W90, Can i use this? Also I assume to drain the front and rear diff I need to find a screw ot bolt on the bottom of the diff. Anyone know what size tools i need to drain the front and rear?

#3 ·
The front gear oil is just regular 10w40 and that screw is on the bottom of the front gearcase and you have to use a star (hex) screwdriver to get it out. If I remember right it was a torx t30 but I'm not sure. I stripped mine out so be very careful when trying to get it out. For the rear gear oil I used the kawachem gear oil and that one has a metric (probably 10 or 12) drain bolt on the right hand side of the rear gearcase.

#5 ·
To drain you need a 12 mm, remember not to tighten to much it is aluminium, to refill you need a 19 mm look for good seal. In front you need 0.43 l of motor oil (jaso), like 10w-40 or 20w-50 depends on temperature where you live. In the rear same sizes and you need 0.9 l of
MOBIL Fluid 424 or Kawa Chem Gear & Wet Brake Oil (CITGO TRANSGARD TRACTOR HYDRAULIC FLUID).
Clean well also the air filter and put good air filter oil.
Good luck

#6 · (Edited)
#9 ·
Once you do get the drain bolt out,do yourself a favor and replace it with a hex head bolt.

#13 ·
Go to Lowes.Over in the drill bit section they sell a bit.It is two sided reverse thread.You drill the center of the bolt.Then you flip it around and it will grab and back the bolt out.Take the bolt to a hardware store and get one with a hex head.:tup:

#16 ·
Spray it down with some bolt loosener.Rust eeze or anything like that.I know they get pretty bad because they are always in the water and elements under the bike.If you can't get it,I know a mechanic that works for Kawi in Highlands,which is on the east side of Houston.He is very reasonable and he'll get it out for ya.Just shoot me a pm if you need his number.Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.