Kawasaki ATV Forum Header   Kawasaki ATV Forum Header Right
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou Kawasaki's strong and reliable utility ATVs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 04:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View hateonhaters's Photo Gallery(0)
Default 09 Brute Force 750i Problems, NEED HELP!

Alright, lets start out with hi my name is AL and im new to this ATV thing..... I just bought a used 09 brute force 750i from a dealer that was a trade in, it has 250 mile and 41hrs. I took this machine out twice to the same trail and it seem like it was good, But the second time i took this machine out it stalled on me going up and down a steep hill... I read the post about adjusting the idle(will try when I have the correct tool).

2. The smell coming from my exhaust smells like fuel, my buddy that was riding behind me said it smells rich?

3. I took the cover for the air filter off, just to look at it and i notice it had oil mixed with water on my filter why is that?(I cleaned my filter out)

4. I also saw that i have oil on my engine so i checked my dipstick and the oil was fine, is that normal?

P.S. My friend told me to throw in some fuel injection cleaner in with some dry gas for the stalling, he said that might work. and he couldn't answer about the exhaust smelling rich.

Any help will be perfect thank you... sorry for the long post.
hateonhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
KawieRiders is the premier Kawasaki ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Old 07-16-2010, 07:16 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

View monsterbrute750's Photo Gallery(0)

I've never had a stalling problem.
You might be having a FI problem with the stalling and smell of gas.
The oil and water on your filter could be from the dealer cleaning it and not letting it dry b4 reinstalling it.
You say you have oil on your engine,where?
I only run super unleaded in mine.
Full Muzzy System
Highlifter Radiator
MIMB Snorkels
Team Monster Energy Kawasaki Graphics
Backrest
Custom Beer Cooler
Custom stephen189 ass kicker Bore
monsterbrute750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:42 PM   #3

Sorry im not a machanic but the oil on the engine, u can see it from the side where the rear brake foot pedal is.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:16 PM   #4
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Premium Member

View bfb650b2's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote: Originally Posted by hateonhaters View Post
Alright, lets start out with hi my name is AL and im new to this ATV thing..... I just bought a used 09 brute force 750i from a dealer that was a trade in, it has 250 mile and 41hrs. I took this machine out twice to the same trail and it seem like it was good, But the second time i took this machine out it stalled on me going up and down a steep hill... I read the post about adjusting the idle(will try when I have the correct tool).

2. The smell coming from my exhaust smells like fuel, my buddy that was riding behind me said it smells rich?

3. I took the cover for the air filter off, just to look at it and i notice it had oil mixed with water on my filter why is that?(I cleaned my filter out)

4. I also saw that i have oil on my engine so i checked my dipstick and the oil was fine, is that normal?

P.S. My friend told me to throw in some fuel injection cleaner in with some dry gas for the stalling, he said that might work. and he couldn't answer about the exhaust smelling rich.

Any help will be perfect thank you... sorry for the long post.
A tach hooked up will tell you if it is at the correct idle adjustment.

The engine oil level is suppose to be between the high and low mark on the dip stick. If the engine is overfilled you will get blow-out of oil.

Water on the air filter could be coming from the air-intake, poor location on this Brute, others install snorkels if riding in water.

If you bought it from the Dealer, then the Dealer needs to be sure it is set-up correctly, the dealer should correct it if it wasn't set up correctly the frist time.
You stated everything seemed fine the 1st ride, did you do anything to the Brute on the 2nd ride, like add engine oil, ride thru deep water.
If the air-filter is dirty or has water in it, the Brute will stall.
~WARN Front Bumper #88697~Ramsey 2500 Lb Winch~RICOCHET Belly/Floorboard Skid Plates~Teryx LED HeadLights~D2 OverFenders~Kimpex Rear Trunk~Shorai Battery~TrailTech Voyager GPS.
Not finished yet

Last edited by bfb650b2; 07-21-2010 at 04:23 PM.
bfb650b2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:19 PM   #5
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 22 reviews

Premium Member

View twyztid's Photo Gallery(8)

I wonder if the fuel is old. I have had experience with two quads that ran like crap until I drained the fuel tank and put new fuel in it. That could possibly give you the gas smell out of the exhaust also if it isn't burning properly.
CP 12:1 Pistons, AMR XX cams, Ported Heads, 36mm carbs, Muzzy Super Pro Exhaust, Dual MTX-L A/F Gauges, VFJ Stage 3 Spidermod Clutch w/Polaris Yellow Clutch Spring & VFJ #4 Secondary Spring, +8 Swingarm, Elka Shocks, Acewell 3200 Tach, CCP Steering Stabilizer, TrailTech X-bars/Clamp, IMS Kick-up Pegs, IMS Heel Guards, 24" 14-paddle Staggered SLS Extreme paddles, BOSS NOSS 40-shot...

'04 KFX700
FST700 w/ Stage 2 cams, Muzzy Super Pro Exhaust, 12-hole Airbox Mod, UPP Cross-over Intakes, 6* Timing Advance Key, Acewell 3200 Tach, CCP Steering Stabilizer, TrailTech X-bars/Clamp, DG Heel Guards, IMS Kick-up Pegs, Honda 450R / Elka Rear Shocks, +4 Swingarm Extension, 24" 9-paddle Skat-Trak Extremes, Dalton O/B Primary Spring, VFJ #4 Secondary Spring

twyztid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:59 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

View 03maxpower's Photo Gallery(0)

also the oil on the engine could be coming out of the airbox it drains out on the motor i almost panic'd when i seen oil on my motor til i seen where it was coming from

1978 atc 70

Teryx 4 LE aztec red
Catvos 3" lift
29.5" terminators

09' brute forcesold!!!
Fst 840 stg II cams
03maxpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:18 PM   #7

View painterx's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote: Originally Posted by 03maxpower View Post
also the oil on the engine could be coming out of the airbox it drains out on the motor i almost panic'd when i seen oil on my motor til i seen where it was coming from
very true
painterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:11 PM   #8

The only thing I did different was ran thru deep water. as to the oil fiter yes it was dirty with oil mix with water i since cleaned that out.... I just put fresh fuel so we will see what happens next........... I also pressure washed my quad including the engine and i drained my over flow tubes which were pluged. is that the same 4 u guys also, the overflow has a plug in it?

Last edited by hateonhaters; 07-22-2010 at 03:16 PM.

Back to Top    Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki Brute Force/Prairie/Bayou

Search tags for this page
09 750 brute force problems

09 brute force 750 problems

2009 brute force 750 problems
2009 brute force problems
2009 kawasaki brute force 750 problems
2010 brute force 750 problems
brute force 750 problems

brute force 750i problems

kawasaki brute force 750 engine problems
kawasaki brute force 750 problems

kawasaki brute force problems

oil smells like gas on kawasaki
troubleshooting a 750 brute force
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.