Kawasaki ATV Forum Header   Kawasaki ATV Forum Header Right
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki KFX450/KFX400

Kawasaki KFX450/KFX400 Dedicated to those mid-size, high-tech racers!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View dbmstr124's Photo Gallery(0)
Default kfx 400 bogs, backfires...runs poorly

Hello guys, I just signed onto this site because you guys hands down have the best info, thanks for that in advance. I am on leave in colorado and my grandfather picked up a 2004 KFX 400 from an auction. I have worked on quite a bit of machines, but I can't figure this out. When you go to give it gas while driving it bogs down and backfires, while not driving if you rev it up it does it too, just not as bad. I know the quad was ran in california so the jetting is completely different. I have taken the carb apart completely, cleaned it, blew it out, and I also drilled out the plug so I could get to the air/fuel mixture screw. I put a new spark plug in it as well. I haven't gotten a chance to check the valve clearances yet. I am not completely sure on which jet is the correct size for this quad in colorado. The pilot jet is the longer one by itself right, and the main jet screws into the back of another jet where the main needle comes through correct? Please give me some advice on sizes of jets, or if you think this is the jetting problem? Thanks again for everything. If there is a link to the manual, or valve clearances, pictures even...that would be great.
dbmstr124 is offline   Reply With Quote
KawieRiders is the premier Kawasaki ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:38 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View spize909's Photo Gallery(0)

yep, you got the jets right for which is which. As for jetting maybe you should check this out.
Jetting Database - Suzuki Z400 Forum : Z400 Forums
This is all of course assuming that you didn't figure it out in the 10 days since you posted
spize909 is offline   Reply With Quote

Back to Top    Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki KFX450/KFX400

Search tags for this page
2007 suzuki s40 runs but when i give it gas it bogs down and back fires

kfx 400 backfiring

kfx 400 bogging out

kfx 400 bogs

kfx bogs and backfires
kfx400 back fires and wont take gas
kfx400 bogging
ltz 400 back fires

ltz 400 bogging

ltz 400 bogging out

ltz 400 jetting bogs when given gas
ltz 400 wont take fuel
suzuki ltz400 bogging when rev
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.