Today I finally got my Acewell 3200 installed on my V-force. Overall, I'm happy with how it looks mounted and how well the Acewell unit works. The only downside is that the speedo is a little slow to react...seems like the speedo display is delayed about a second after you start moving. The tach and temp gauge functions work fine and the digital display is usually easy to read in the daytime and nighttime. It also has a clock, odometer, hourmeter, and records the highest rpms, highest mph, highest temp.
Some of you may recall that this is the same Acewell unit that I had on my Twin Peaks last year, so all I really had to do was make a mounting plate and hook up the speedo function for the V-force. Below are pics of the installation and finished product.
Stock steering stem with 2 small holes near center top.
Modified steering stem with 2 screws in the holes mentioned above.
Custom mounting plate (left) made of 1/8" aluminum and prototype (right) made of sheet metal. Notice that I put black automotive door edge material around the custom mounting plate...this keeps from chaffing the hoses/wiring around the handlebars.
Wiring and Temp Gauge Sensor
Speed Sensor and Magnet Bolt (replaced a stock Brake Rotor bolt)
Another pic of the speed sensor and magnet bolt
Custom mounting bracket installed...bottom side
Custom mounting bracket...top side.
Ready to roll (with new helmet)