Kawasaki ATV Forum Header   Kawasaki ATV Forum Header Right
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki KFX700 V-Force

Kawasaki KFX700 V-Force Kawasaki's big-bore, V-twin sport machine!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2011, 09:51 PM   #1
Super Moderator
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Premium Member

View Mikeyboy_esq's Photo Gallery(13)
Thumbs up Pics of Acewell 3200 tach/speedo/temp gauge installation

Today I finally got my Acewell 3200 installed on my V-force. Overall, I'm happy with how it looks mounted and how well the Acewell unit works. The only downside is that the speedo is a little slow to react...seems like the speedo display is delayed about a second after you start moving. The tach and temp gauge functions work fine and the digital display is usually easy to read in the daytime and nighttime. It also has a clock, odometer, hourmeter, and records the highest rpms, highest mph, highest temp.

Some of you may recall that this is the same Acewell unit that I had on my Twin Peaks last year, so all I really had to do was make a mounting plate and hook up the speedo function for the V-force. Below are pics of the installation and finished product.

FINISHED PRODUCT...

INSTALLATION PICS...

Stock steering stem with 2 small holes near center top.

Modified steering stem with 2 screws in the holes mentioned above.

Custom mounting plate (left) made of 1/8" aluminum and prototype (right) made of sheet metal. Notice that I put black automotive door edge material around the custom mounting plate...this keeps from chaffing the hoses/wiring around the handlebars.

Wiring and Temp Gauge Sensor

Speed Sensor and Magnet Bolt (replaced a stock Brake Rotor bolt)

Another pic of the speed sensor and magnet bolt

Custom mounting bracket installed...bottom side

Custom mounting bracket...top side.

Ready to roll (with new helmet)

Happy trails...
2002 Prairie 650 (parted out)

Happy trails...
Mikeyboy_esq is offline   Reply With Quote
KawieRiders is the premier Kawasaki ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:55 PM   #2
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Premium Member

View 2000redfatboy's Photo Gallery(3)

Very nice !!!
05 kfx-- 6* key-- Crossover's-- Main jets drilled 3/32-- #42 pilot-- 12 hole mod.-- Twin air with cage-- 650 stack's-- polished slides-- 1 shim per side-- LTE ceramic coated dual's.-- Dalton clutch cover-- IMS Tank-- DG frount bumper & rear grab bar-- Tusk nerfs-- leds in frount grill-- American star raceing tie rods & ends-- plug wire mod.--ODI grips-- One of Jesse's +4 extinsion's-- Big Kev's 730 kit with stage 3 cam's--Sponcored by SunrayV Camo 2002 650 Prairie, all stock.
2000redfatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:17 PM   #3
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 21 reviews

Premium Member

View Camo's Photo Gallery(0)

Nice and clean Mikey. It looks like it belongs there.
Torque is quick... Horsepower is fast
1) Bench Racers
2) Racers who never actually run into the Big Dog
3) Racers who win everything until they meet up with the Big Dog
4) The Big Dog

CUSTOM FABRICATED TURBO EXHAUST / JH MACHINE CUSTOM ROLLER CLUTCH - Godspeed Jim / VFJ Clutch Weights & Springs
YOU DESERVE A HIGH FIVE... IN THE FACE... WITH A CHAIR
Camo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:21 PM   #4
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Premium Member

View hndlbarmonkey's Photo Gallery(0)

man you must be high class, carpeting in your garage

lol

looks great, nice attention to detail

Home of the proven fastest and quickest all motor Kawies in the world
Quote: Originally Posted by Dynoray View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by hndlbarmonkey View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Dynoray View Post

It says race because it was 12.6:1, instead of 11:1
lol, so going from 11:1 to 12.6:1 is building a race motor to you
LOL, back in 04-05, pretty much, LOL
AMR 840 trail bike
Fundy 800 race motored trail bike<wifes

Fundy 800 drag bike

It's nice when you get to a point, where you don't give a shit anymore

hndlbarmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:26 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Premium Member

Camo,
Well, its not near as nice as Richard's set-up (the german guy)...but I'm happy with it.

Monkey,
I threw an old shower curtain on the garage floor; its not carpet! lol

Thanks everyone for the compliments. After having a (stock) speedo on my twin peaks/prairies over the years, it really bugged me to ride the V and not know how fast I'm going. I wish the V came stock with a speedo and tach.

Happy trails...

Happy trails...
Old 02-11-2011, 10:27 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

View Kenny4's Photo Gallery(11)

Great idea---Looks good---Where does the temp show up on the screen----Is it in large numbers under the speed??----If you get a chance could you snap a pic with the temp on the screen---Thanks

Kenny

2007 KFX 700 V Force------"DIY MODS"-----Pink Spring---Yoshimura Duals---12 Hole Mod---Twin Air Power Kit---1 Shim & Cut Springs---Polished Slides--- 3.0 turns out---#40 Pilots---182F/185R---Spark Plug Boot Mod-----------"OTHER STUFF"---Odi grips---Full Under Armor---Billet Stator Cover---HID Lights---Trail Tech Vapor---Pro Armor Front Bumper---Rear 6 Pack Rack---Nerfs--22x11x10 Haulers 10 Paddle---22x11x10 Edges 9 Paddle---Quick Release Lighted Whip---IMS 4.6 Gas Tank

2005 Honda Rancher 350ES

The Avatar picture is my custom home for sale in Yucca Valley, So. Calif.
Kenny4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:40 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Premium Member

Quote: Originally Posted by Kenny4 View Post
Great idea---Looks good---Where does the temp show up on the screen----Is it in large numbers under the speed??----If you get a chance could you snap a pic with the temp on the screen---Thanks

Kenny
Kenny,
The large number on the display (0.0 in the pic above) is the MPH. The smaller number (1200 in the pic above b/c the motor was idling) is the RPMs (listed in 100 rpm increments). The left and top of the screen has a bar that lights up (in 500 rpm increments) as the RPMs increase.

The display ALWAYS shows the MPH numbers and the left/top bar for RPMs.

However, you can hit one of the buttons at the bottom of the Acewell display to toggle thru the RPMs, TEMP, ODOM, etc. I mostly like to know the tach when I ride, so that is why I have the RPM number (1200) shown in the pic above. I occasionally toggle thru to see the temps. But I could easily keep the temp number on the display at all times if I wanted to. It would show up in the same place as the tach number (1200) as shown above.

Another neat feature is you can set a WARNING LIGHT to display on the screen if the water temps reach a certain temp (that you enter).

Happy trails...

Happy trails...
Old 02-11-2011, 10:59 PM   #8

Thanks for the detail---Is the lower number, (1200) where the temp would show pretty visible from where you are sitting----I have the TrailTech Vapor and because the temp dig#'s are so tiny, I can't see it while riding---Have to stop, shade it with my hand to see it---Doesn't the Acewell also have a blue lit background making it easier to see and read---Thanks

Kenny

2007 KFX 700 V Force------"DIY MODS"-----Pink Spring---Yoshimura Duals---12 Hole Mod---Twin Air Power Kit---1 Shim & Cut Springs---Polished Slides--- 3.0 turns out---#40 Pilots---182F/185R---Spark Plug Boot Mod-----------"OTHER STUFF"---Odi grips---Full Under Armor---Billet Stator Cover---HID Lights---Trail Tech Vapor---Pro Armor Front Bumper---Rear 6 Pack Rack---Nerfs--22x11x10 Haulers 10 Paddle---22x11x10 Edges 9 Paddle---Quick Release Lighted Whip---IMS 4.6 Gas Tank

2005 Honda Rancher 350ES

Old 02-11-2011, 11:12 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Premium Member

Kenny,

Yes, the lower number (1200 in the pic above) is where the temp will show up on the display (if you toggle to that setting).

Yes, the Acewell is back lit in blue (altho you won't actually see the "blue" background in the display unless its dark or shady outside). I find that the numbers are usally easy to read in the daytime and at night...with no need to stop and shade the display with my hands to read the numbers. The only exception being that its hard to read if the sun happens to be glaring off the display and into your eyes. That is why I have the custom mounting bracket bent at a slight angle (pointed back towards the rider).

I find that its not hard to read the numbers on this display while casual riding, but when I'm racing at WOT I usually don't look at the display very often b/c I'm concentrating on the track and I don't want to have an accident. When I'm drag racing, I normally wait to look at the display when I'm done with my pass and then I toggle thru the display to see what the highest RPM (or MPH) was and/or look at the water temps.

One word of advice...if you get the Acewell and you want to hook up the Speedo function, you will probably need to buy a different speed sensor than what comes with the unit (at least I had to with my 3200 model). I had a tough time finding the right Acewell speed sensor and ended up ordering a speed sensor and magnet bolt from an ACEWELL distributor in Germany. If I had to do it over, I would just buy a different Acewell (universal) speed sensor that is sold by the USA distributor (Baja Designs). That one should work just as good as the one I have and it is easier to find/buy.

Happy trails...

Happy trails...

Last edited by Mikeyboy_esq; 02-11-2011 at 11:25 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:24 PM   #10

Thanks Mike---Wish I'd gotten the Acewell to begin with.

Kenny

2005 Honda Rancher 350ES

Back to Top    Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki KFX700 V-Force

Search tags for this page

acewell 3200

acewell 3200 speed sensor
acewell 3200 speedometer computer

acewell gauge review

acewell sold in california
acewell speed sensor
acewell speed sensor mounting
acewell vs trail tech
kawasaki kfx 450r speedo
kfx 700 dash
kfx 700 delay
mounting acewell 3200 speed sensor
speedometer for kfx 700
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.