Kawasaki ATV Forum Header   Kawasaki ATV Forum Header Right
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki KFX700 V-Force

Kawasaki KFX700 V-Force Kawasaki's big-bore, V-twin sport machine!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 12:42 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

View Dirty joe's Photo Gallery(0)
Default 700v.com valve adjustment

Ok, I got lucky and could easily read "r" and "f" on the flywheel. As long as it is on the appropriate cylinder marking, I can adjust the valves? On the rear, the exhaust was in tolerance, and intake was just a tad tight on one valve. Rotate it to the front, and both intake valves and both exhaust valves were pretty tight. Took a few turns to be able to slide feeler gauge in there. Sound like I did it right? If so, no wonder the bike was running bad, popping, and hard starting; much less running at all.

Thanks for the help, joe
Dirty joe is offline   Reply With Quote
KawieRiders is the premier Kawasaki ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Old 04-08-2011, 01:10 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

View RANDALLPINK7's Photo Gallery(0)

actually sounds like youre running low on muffler bearing oil.
AMR 840, PORT AND POLISH, +4 VALVES, XXX cams BOONDOCKER NOS, 38mm Carbs with Custom Intakes, VENFORCER +4 EXTENSION, drag pipe, VFJ STAGE 3 WITH SECONDARY, K&N, MARVIN SHAW HILL SHOOTER'S FRONT AND REAR, FRONT LOWERING, O/B SPRING WITH WEIGHTS, DYNATECH CDI, 25 x 11 x 10 SKAT TRACK RIPPERS
04 KFX 400
440 BIG BORE KIT,13.5-1 wiseco, DYNATECH CDI, K&N, LRD EXHAUST, K&N AIR BOX LID, Fasst Flexx bars, ODI grips, 450R front shocks
06 BRUTE FORCE 750i
2 INCH LIFT snorkeled, 28 in. Mudzilla TIRES
ITP SS112 12X7 rims, dynatek cdi, K&N AIR FILTER
KFX 80
WHO KNOWS
2008 TERYX
27 in. Mud Lites, 2 inch lift, Team Green plastics, ITP SS212's
RANDALLPINK7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:31 AM   #3

View mattysticks's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote: Originally Posted by Dirty joe View Post
Ok, I got lucky and could easily read "r" and "f" on the flywheel. As long as it is on the appropriate cylinder marking, I can adjust the valves? On the rear, the exhaust was in tolerance, and intake was just a tad tight on one valve. Rotate it to the front, and both intake valves and both exhaust valves were pretty tight. Took a few turns to be able to slide feeler gauge in there. Sound like I did it right? If so, no wonder the bike was running bad, popping, and hard starting; much less running at all.

Thanks for the help, joe
I pretty much had the same exact issue with my v last week, mines an 04 and the guy I bought it from didn't do a whole lot of riding but he never had the valves done at all. The bike was takin 10 min if not longer to start and when it finally wouldn't start I did the valves and cleaned the carbs real well. Now she starts and runs just like it was from the factory again.

ride it like you stole it
mattysticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:57 PM   #4
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 21 reviews

Premium Member

View Camo's Photo Gallery(0)

As long as the rockers are on the base circle of the cam, you can adjust that same valve. You don't need to worry about r and f.
Torque is quick... Horsepower is fast
1) Bench Racers
2) Racers who never actually run into the Big Dog
3) Racers who win everything until they meet up with the Big Dog
4) The Big Dog

CUSTOM FABRICATED TURBO EXHAUST / JH MACHINE CUSTOM ROLLER CLUTCH - Godspeed Jim / VFJ Clutch Weights & Springs
YOU DESERVE A HIGH FIVE... IN THE FACE... WITH A CHAIR
Camo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:15 PM   #5

Quote: Originally Posted by Camo View Post
As long as the rockers are on the base circle of the cam, you can adjust that same valve. You don't need to worry about r and f.
Thats what I was wondering. The 700v website wasnt real clear. Said f is for front valves and r is for rear valves. So do I need to redo my valve lash again, disregarding f and r and the 700v instructions?
Old 04-08-2011, 01:44 PM   #6
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 21 reviews

Premium Member

View Camo's Photo Gallery(0)

No, not if you followed them properly. I just don't do it that way cause you don't have to. But they are very good instructions for doing them.
Torque is quick... Horsepower is fast
1) Bench Racers
2) Racers who never actually run into the Big Dog
3) Racers who win everything until they meet up with the Big Dog
4) The Big Dog

CUSTOM FABRICATED TURBO EXHAUST / JH MACHINE CUSTOM ROLLER CLUTCH - Godspeed Jim / VFJ Clutch Weights & Springs
YOU DESERVE A HIGH FIVE... IN THE FACE... WITH A CHAIR
Camo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:49 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View JRENIGAR's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote: Originally Posted by Camo View Post
Agreed.... alot easier and quicker doing it this way. Basically, just turn crank till exh valves are going down then adj the int valves on same bank. same for exh valves wait till int goes down then adj. Do same for oposite bank. Just remember to do one bank at a time. Easy... I dont even use a feeler guage, because I get ticking when valves are adjusted that way. Its more of how the gap feels to me moving rocker arms back and fourth... 10 times simpler and quicker. Literally takes 10 min this way...
Old 04-09-2011, 02:13 PM   #8

I must not have them done correctly because my front valves were loose as hell. I adjusted them like race cars and like what you all said to do. Good to go now.

P.s. Dont ever buy amr racing ignition coils. The spark plug wires cannot be replaced. The front spark plug wire was broken. Ordered new coils from dealership. Will be here thurs
Old 04-09-2011, 06:07 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View JRENIGAR's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote: Originally Posted by Dirty joe View Post
I must not have them done correctly because my front valves were loose as hell. I adjusted them like race cars and like what you all said to do. Good to go now.

P.s. Dont ever buy amr racing ignition coils. The spark plug wires cannot be replaced. The front spark plug wire was broken. Ordered new coils from dealership. Will be here thurs
I had on heluva ordeal trying to use the flywheel marks to adjust rockers. It never worked out for me either.

Back to Top    Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki KFX700 V-Force

Search tags for this page
2005 kfx 700 valve adjustment

700v.com

how to adjust kfx 700 valves
how to adjust valves on kfx 700
kfx 700 06 valve clearance

kfx 700 valve adjustment

kfx 700 valve clearance

kfx 700 valve clearance specs
kfx 700 valve specs
valve adjustment for a kfx v-force kawaski 700
what is the vavle adjustment on a kfx700
www 700v com

www.700v.com

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.