Kawasaki ATV Forum Header   Kawasaki ATV Forum Header Right
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki KFX700 V-Force

Kawasaki KFX700 V-Force Kawasaki's big-bore, V-twin sport machine!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View gord613's Photo Gallery(0)
Unhappy new rider needs help please !!!my 700 kfx now wont start please help

hey guysi just traded my mustang 2000 for this mint condiotion 700 kfx i dont know how to ride clutch so this is a perfect first bike for me,so all this stuff in chinese to me and im really depressed my bike wont now start ,i drove it on trails all day she was going great i took it to power wash it after use drove home parked for an hour went to go back out started bike it did turn over and then just stalled now when i try to turn it over its like its dead no light come on nothing this is really bumming me out i feel like i lost my best friend ill lose sleep over this ,does this sound serious?guys who drive around here who know their bikes arent familiar with this automatic 700 v twin they dont know where and what my fuses are this bike is different from what there used to working on ,my plastic cracked from my buddy slipping now this,and i never had bike for 24 hours yet ,thing is this is going to really bum me out,they found a fuse under seat that said 20 amp and online the main one says its a 30 amp also when i got bike i noticed a check belt light on ??but someone said its probabally a sensor but now that light wont even come on so im not getting any power my buddy also tried charging battery but who knows if his charger is good thing is im supposed to go riding tomorrow and now may not be , does this sound minor thing is i dont know really anything about bikes my kfx 700 riders please help with any ideas it was just going fine .i dont understand!!thanks guys
gord613 is offline   Reply With Quote
KawieRiders is the premier Kawasaki ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Old 03-16-2012, 09:17 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

View rheller1's Photo Gallery(0)

did you check the 30 amp fuse? its right by the battery? Also, is the little red button by your left grip pushed to the right? battery cables tight?
VFJ Stage 3---Muzzy---12 Hole---K&N---Crossovers---Odi Grips---Tag x5 Bars---Honda Throttle---GT Thunder Tie Rods---CMP Rack---PRM Side Bars---Custom Seat---Pro Armor Bumper---Honda 450r front shocks---Fox Podium Rear shock---Spark Plug mod---CCP Stabalizer---Shorty Shifter---Full Kawi Skids---23" Bear Claws all around

Last edited by rheller1; 03-16-2012 at 09:33 PM.
rheller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:40 PM   #3

yes did that i really dont understand its weird was working like a dream all day took a break washed it drove home from gas station parked it for about an hour went to go back out turned oner started it but stalled right away then wouldnt do anything after many attempts its as if i had no battery thats the best way i can describe it see when it was running the check belt light came on now that or any lights work headlights dont work either i checked the kill switch is it?
Old 03-16-2012, 10:42 PM   #4

this is really stressing me out and got me down in the dumps
Old 03-16-2012, 10:48 PM   #5

is there a 20 cuz we found a 20 or is that supposed to be a 30 ?either way we checked a fuse under seat but it says 20 not 30 unless someone put in wrong fuse we checked it but my friend says it dont look blown but thats what im hoping it is ill get one tomorrow and see if it will work
Old 03-17-2012, 12:56 AM   #6

yes i found the fuse box lol i was looking at wrong fuse the whole time gee i feel like an idiot but i told ya funny thing is i did it myself i was losing sleep over this lol so i looked through the manual i down loaded online and found that there was more than the one fuse i was looking at glass fuse whole time and it wasnt blown thanks for your help bro i appreciate it this is the first bike i ever owned ,and i love this shit is fuckin awesome man i was up to my knees in water and went through alot of mud got stuck 2x but was fun then my buddy slips off my bike and cracks my limited edition plastics im pissed cheers man thanks again for your help u got me on right track i appreciate it
Old 03-17-2012, 04:36 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

View NovaKaw650's Photo Gallery(0)

Check the basics like fuses and the battery connections. Check that the battery is charged. I'm getting the feeling that you may need a little help if it's beyond the simple stuff.
What you do know is that it ran well. You hauled it, pressure washed it, it started and stalled.
Did it actually start, run and then stall, or did it roll over but not start?
The Limited Edition plastic is very brittle and will break easily.
Be careful when pressure washing; stay well back from the ATV when washing so you don't blow water in places where it doesn't belong.
Please use punctuation, I'm still dizzy from trying to read your posts.
Mild porting
Crossover intakes
Modded airbox
Full Muzzy
Dalton weights
VFJ Springs
Other weird stuff

2011 Stratos 186XT Bass Boat
Mercury Optimax 115hp
Minn Kota 70lb 24v trolling motor
Lowrance Electronics
NovaKaw650 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

View bnrf150's Photo Gallery(0)

did you try pressing the break or just put it in neutral... they have a switch in the break that wont allow it to start while in gear unless the break is applied
bnrf150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:35 PM   #9
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Premium Member

View VForceMadness's Photo Gallery(3)

Quote: Originally Posted by bnrf150 View Post
did you try pressing the break or just put it in neutral... they have a switch in the break that wont allow it to start while in gear unless the break is applied
He should still have lights if it was in gear. But you are right, it won't start in gear unless you press down on the rear brake. My guess is the 30 amp fuse which will kill everything if blown, a loose/disconnected battery connection, or dead battery all together. Maybe the wires to the ignition switch have come loose. If I remember, with the kill switch off, but ignition on, he should still have lights.

By the way, once you figure out the problem, it is very easy to reset the belt light. Can't exactly remember the procedure, but the "how to" is on this forum. Just have to search it.

vvvvClick For Slide Show vvvv

VForceMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #10
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Premium Member

View VForceMadness's Photo Gallery(3)

Here is the "how to" on the belt light reset.

KFX 700 Check Belt Light Reset

Hope you get it figured out. Keep us posted.

vvvvClick For Slide Show vvvv

VForceMadness is offline   Reply With Quote

Back to Top    Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki KFX700 V-Force

Tags
kawasaki 700, kfx 700, v twin, wont start

Search tags for this page

04 kfx 700 fuse box

different fuses on kfx 700
fuse box location on a 1985 a broken 700 kawasaki
how many fuses does a kfx 700 have
kawasaki 700 ran out of gas and now wont start

kawasaki kfx 700 fuse box location

kawasaki vtwin hard to start

kfx 700 fuse location

kfx 700 hard to start

kfx 700 was running now wont fire
kfx wont turn over
what makes a kfx 700 pop

where is the fuse box on a kfx 700

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.