Thought it might be helpful to make a list of the most COMMON mechanical problems/weaknesses that occur on the KFX 700. This list could be helpful for new KFX 700 owners and/or someone interested in buying one.
I'll start the list (in no particular order)...please post below with any suggestions you have to add to this list.
KFX 700 COMMON MECHANICAL PROBLEMS:
1) Stock tie rods are weak / bend too easily; Fix: Replace with aftermarket tie rods and tie rod ends
2) Stock tires tend to wobble / vibrate at high speeds; Fix: Replace with aftermarket tires
3) Stock shocks are too stiff; Fix: Replace with aftermarket shocks or the cheaper option is to replace the front shocks with stock front Honda 450r shocks and the rear shock with a stock rear Predator shock (alternatively, the stock rear KFX 700 shock can be rebuilt/upgraded by GT Thunder).
4) Stock frame near front "spar" area may bend if wrecked; Fix: Avoid hitting trees at high speed
or add reinforcement near spar area
5) Stock steering hoop bends easily if KFX is rolled; Fix: Avoid flipping quad upside down
or add reinforcement to steering hoop.
6) Stock swingarm bearings tend to wear out prematurely, especially if mud riding often; Fix: Periodically disassemble and apply grease and/or keep an eye on them and replace as necessary.
7) Stock intake valves tend to wear out prematurely; Fix: Keep an eye on them and replace if needed.
8) Stock '04 KFX 700 rocker arm shafts had mounting bolts on the shaft that could possibly loosen and fall into the top-end of the motor causing catastrophic damage; Fix: Replace with '05 or later model Prairie rocker arm shafts.
9) Stock tail light tends to break easily if wheelie too much/set on back end; Fix: Install aftermarket grab bar for more protection or aftermarket tail light (slimmer design).
10) ANYTHING ELSE ???