Kawasaki ATV Forum Header   Kawasaki ATV Forum Header Right
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki KFX700 V-Force

Kawasaki KFX700 V-Force Kawasaki's big-bore, V-twin sport machine!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2004, 07:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

View BANDAMAN's Photo Gallery(0)

Ok, so I got my new tire changer from Harbor Freight. it works pretty slick. Breaking the beads is pretty easy, dismounting the tire is even easier. Mounting the tire is a little more tricky, but not too bad with some patience. Now, heres the problem, I can't get the bead to completely seat.

The back side seats fine, the front seats all the way except for about 4 inches that won't seat up all the way over the bead lock area (ridge) on the rim. I am using plenty of lube. the sidewall says not to exceed 25 psi to seat the bead, I am at 25 and am about to go higher, but don't want to blow it up in my face either. I am going to ask a few tire dealers, but thought I would check with you guys.

Thanks
BANDAMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
KawieRiders is the premier Kawasaki ATV Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Old 07-26-2004, 08:01 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

View BossMan's Photo Gallery(1)

put 30 lbs in it

05 KFX 700-FST 715-Sold
07 Brute Force 750i Black
2013 Brute Force Candy Green LE
Georgia
BossMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 08:33 PM   #3
Super Moderator
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Premium Member

View KevinM's Photo Gallery(0)

I had one tire on a new wheel I couldn't get to seat at all. I eventually took a Dremel tool with some sandpaper bits and went all the way around the wheel scuffing it up good and then coated it with dishwashing liquid. Went right on after that.
KevinM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 04:45 AM   #4
Premium Member

Premium Member

View Mike Walker's Photo Gallery(0)

If you go to what you believe to be the max pressure & the tire won't fully seat, you can try bouncing the tire... I've had good luck, raising the inflated tire to shoulder height, & dropping it on the tread... this bouncing effect, often seats them right away... usually in 2-3 bounces
2005 Mud Nationals SRA Champion, 3 - 1st place finishes & 1 - 2nd place finish in the stock & modified ATV pulls, 1 - 3rd place finish in the open class Mudda Cross race, 1 - 3rd Place finish in the open class mud bog, at the 2006 Mud Nat's</span>[/b]
Mike Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 01:22 PM   #5

View bartlettracing's Photo Gallery(0)

putt it on the quad ,,drive down the drive way and do some turning ,it will pop on ..... if not I have inflated then pretty high in preasure ...... razors are tuff !
Old 07-27-2004, 02:55 PM   #6

View nascarlyle's Photo Gallery(0)

Hey man, I changed quad tires for 4 years and I've had to put up to 60 psi in some to get them on bead. Use as much slime or lube as possible and try to stand clear if you can. You can get air chucks that clip on with 3 or 4 feet of hose so you aren't right in front of it. Also, do you have the core out of the valve stem? It fills up alot faster with it out.
nascarlyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 07:16 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

View BANDAMAN's Photo Gallery(0)

Thanks Guys, for the advice!

I finally got all four mounted up and on the V. I have my stock Holeshots on ITP T9s fully polished. I am probably going to use the stock rims for sand tires or might sell them.

I am in the Commercial Tire Business, so today I got some bead lube from one of my dealers. It is the nasty black stuff that looks like axle grease and is used to mount semi truck tires. I lubed the bead area up good and they seated up no problem. Yes, I was inflating them without the valve core, that helps get the volume in there quick. I just set my regulator on the compressor to 50 psi and held it on until both beads popped. Probably didn't take more then 30 psi to seat them. It is not violent, but the anticipation will pysch you out. Being in the business, I have seen many videos of truck tires being blown out. They are quite a bit more dangerous, and run over 100 psi. Many service techs get killed every year inflating tires without a saftey cage.

In my opinion, dismounting and mounting these wasn't as hard as i thought, but still pretty tricky. It will take some practice to get good. I would rather mount a big truck tire any day then wrestle with these ATV tires and bead lock rims
BANDAMAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Back to Top    Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki ATV Forum > Kawasaki ATV Performance / Maintenance / Technical > Kawasaki KFX700 V-Force

Search tags for this page

atv tire bead seater

atv tire bead won seat

atv tire bead won't seat

atv tire wont go over bead
can't seat tire bead
how do i get my atv tires to seat
how many pounds of pressure to seat. tire bead on rim
how much air pressure to seat atv tires
how to seat a utv sand tire
how to seat bead on atv tire

how to set the bead on a atv tire

problems seating atv tire bead
seating bead on atv tire
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.