Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

KFX700 V-Force

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  rokee_mtn 
#1 ·
Just purchased an 04 KFX700 and I have done a little reading on here and this is what I came up with. This is for my wife...but I want it to perform pretty well. Our riding is 95% Dunes.

6* timing Key from Bartlett Racing

Intake from Diamond G
K&N Filter/UNI filter (I assume you can leave the air box lid off???)

Dalton DK 700V Clutch Kit
Dalton DCC-101 Billet Clutch Cover
Dalton DPPS-O/BL Orange/Blue Primary Spring

Exhaust...no idea? Many of you are running Muzzy/Pro Circuit/Yoshimura/???

These components should get it where I think it needs to be...here is what I need from all of you...Please...

1) Where do you purchase the Dalton components??? Someone posted Ritter Cycle and I did a google search and did not find anything in the first couple of pages? Answered!

2) With the clutch changes do you need to install a new belt?

3) With the Diamond G intake can you/should you leave the airbox lid off? I do not run a lid with my 450R.

4) Can someone give me or point me to the pros/cons on each exhaust? Running a Pulse Charger on the 450R but they do not make one for the KFX...all other experience is with 2 strokes.

5) Does anyone have the Hot Cams camshafts in their bikes? I know the HRC Cam in the 450R made a huge difference...

Thanks and I look forward to talking with you all in the future...actually...bugging the hell out of you! :D :D :D

See less See more
#2 ·
http://www.rittercycle.com/ is the RitterCycle addy...I think you need to call though, their site kind of sucks.

Muzzy is the way I'm gonna go with my exhaust, but you sure can't go wrong with DMC Aliens or the HMFs.

And as far as I know, with the clutch changes you are planning on doing, you don't need to change the belt.

Hope that helps.

#3 ·
Crappola...I just did another search and poof number one return. Hmm, probably spelled cycle wrong...so many letters!

Thanks man...

Are they the best place to purchase the Dalton stuff from?

Forgot to mention I really like doing business with site sponsors even if it is a little more expensive...any of them sell Dalton? Maybe I am missing it but I do not see a section for sponsors in the forum???

Thanks again...

#4 ·
I haven't bought anything from them but I know alot of other people have... I will more than likely be purchasing an orange/blue spring from them pretty soon, and maybe an overdrive cover.

#5 ·
I ordered an O/BL spring from them got it in 3 days, $32 shipped to my door. My local shop said they couldn't order just a spring they had to order the kit, which had the BL spring NOT O/BL, so i went with Ritter.

#6 ·
Some more answers for you:

2. You can retain the stock belt with any clutch changes if it's not beyond the service limit. With a new bike, you should be fine. For future replacements- the stock Kawi belt seems to have been getting the best reviews.

3. You can run with your airbox lid off, but then you wouldn't really see any benefit to the snorkel. Jetting can be tricky with no lid on this machine. Some guys say they've been successful. I couldn't do it with mine, as it got way too sensitive to changes in atmospheric conditions. I ended up going with Bartlett's airbox and it has served me well across all conditions. It's basically running with no airbox, but with a couple air baffles and other tricks.

4. There are a ton of posts on exhaust on here. Read them all and make your own decisions based on the facts and opinions. Some are louder than others, some perform better than others. All of the duals seem to get good reviews except for the Yoshimura, which don't seem to perform as well as the others. If you're going with a single I think everyone seems to agree that Muzzys are what you want. Look ahead at potential future upgrades and consider an 800 friendly system now if that’s a possibility later. Again- read other posts.

5. Same answer. Yes people are running Hot Cams, but there are others out there too. Search the forum for cams and you'll see more opinions and facts.

There is a certain "bang for the buck" you may want to consider if you have tight funds. On a budget I'd get a degree key, Dalton O/BL spring, Bartlett airbox, and pipe of your choice (I'd consider the Bartlett pipe for the budget).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.