Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

Fuel Pump

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  TORKJUNKY 
#1 ·
I asked this on the Prairie forum with no responce, anyone know.

Does anyone have the spec's to a V's fuel pump. Is it the same as a prairie?

PSI? ... GPH???...flow?

Now I have the Webbers, time for a electric fuel pump that will handle Alky. :p

Thanks for the help.

#3 ·
Make sure and use a large fuel filter to handle the extra fuel.You may have to mod the petcock for the flow also.I just change the the stock fuel filter on the V and it seemed to help in fuel delivery.

#4 ·
#5 ·
Thanks guys.

I am thinking of getting an inline, comeing out of the bottom of the tank. I was going to do away with the petcock, any reason to have one?

I was worried about getting to much pressure, guess I can get a reg also.

#6 ·
What would you run the fuel pressure at? Around 7psi or :unsure:

#7 ·
I was thinking 12 psi,

but that's why I asking, I'm about to buy something and I'm not sure what I need, just know that I need a new fuel pump and the Prairie and V pumps are almost $500, Mark will get me one for $400.

That's a great saving, but for that money I could get the best pump and reg.

I know I need more fuel for the webs, so might as well make it to use alky.

Thanks for the help guys,

#8 ·
I would get a Berry Grant brand fuel pump.

#9 ·
www.blackrhinoperformance.com

They have a fuel pump upgrade that they offer for Edelbrock carb'ed Rhinos. Its like $60 for the kit. You might want to ask them what the specs are though.

Also, all the tricked out golf carts with big motors have to run electric fuel pumps too. Might wanna ask that crowd.

Hope this helps.

#11 ·
If I were you I would think twice about alky. It is very hard on motors. I run methonol in my modified and it is hard on the motor. When you kill the engine the fuel that is in the cylinder will evaporate causing moisture and rust if it sets very long. Don,t know about webber carbs but holleys set up for alky will not run on gas, the alky carbs have to be opened up for more fuel to pass through. It takes about 2 times the amount of alky as gas. But the motor will run cooler and you might see some proformance gain.
Just my $.02

#13 ·
i have a nos fuel pump on my and had to regulate it down. i posted the psi a long time ago. i will check to see if i can find what it was.

thanks, mark

i am thinking 9psi with stock pump and 14 to 15 with the inline nos pump. i got a small low psi regulator to keep it at 6psi on the spray.

i will put a pic up soon.

mark

#15 ·
alky is not hard on motors ... poor maintenance is ..

run 3 psi .. no need for the petcock .. remove it and plug pulse vacume line ..

run one to two size larger pilot jet ...

drill main jets open as big as you can with out getting into the threads ...

taper the needles ....

run 99% meth and one cap of top end lube

I dont run lube ... no need ...

you will need to clean the carbs every 30-40 hours of use .... also grease your float bowl gaskets,change fuel lines every 30hrs use ...

only need to purge system if leaving sit for over a day ..

keep meth container off concreate and sealed up ...

if oil milks up , your to rich on the pilot jetting

I have a t in my fuel line and a spare small gas tank ... turn off alky ... turn on gas ... run it for a bit ... purged ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.